Porting DestroyFX to 64bit on Windows and OSX

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,
do you think would be very difficult to port DestroyFX stuff to 64bit?
Since the sources are available do you think would difficult to do the porting?
I have some little practice in C++...

thanks

a.

It would be great if someone did that, Transverb is still one of my favourite fx.

I'm working on it. Slowly though...

YES!
Transverb and Geometer would be amazing!

Its unbelievably great that DFX is still working on these great and unique plugins. Thank you:D!!!

Still hoping...

There is a working 64 bit Mac version of Transverb now

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... b#p6353455

Great. Maybe we need a Kickstarter to get updated AU and even AAX versions.
I can dream at least.

I'd be willing to take a stab at porting Transverb to 64-bit AU. Looking at the source it doesn't seem like it will be too difficult (knock on wood...)

Amazing that Transverb is working!
Does anyone have any info on a working Geometer (64bit VST)?!
That would make my year.

B

sophia wrote:I'm working on it. Slowly though...
Apologies for the super necro-bump but how's things going with the Buffer Override build - I saw a commit back in November ( https://sourceforge.net/p/destroyfx/code/1118/ ) but doesn't look like there's been a build of it yet

Damnit, if only I knew how to compile VSTs, took me like a month to work out how to get Visual Studio Code to compile a 5 line 'hello world' program !

necromancy, but if you are an OSX user, there is a plugin wrapper called 32Lives which will allow you to use your old 32-bit SMEX plugins

sophia wrote: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:55 am I'm working on it. Slowly though...
Hi Sophia, any advancement on the x64 port (Win and OSx)?
thanks!

lalo wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:45 am Hi Sophia, any advancement on the x64 port (Win and OSx)?
thanks!
At this point, I have finished everything except for one remaining step, however that is the biggest part, which is probably why I have saved it for last, since that is the hardest type of thing for me to find time to tackle.

I should also note, to set expectations, that no one is working on Windows or VST. I actually did just yesterday try to find and flag everything in the source code that lacks Windows or VST implementations with compile-time warnings or runtime assertions, to at least guide such possible work someday, but no promises that will happen.

sophia wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:35 pm
lalo wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:45 am Hi Sophia, any advancement on the x64 port (Win and OSx)?
thanks!
At this point, I have finished everything except for one remaining step, however that is the biggest part, which is probably why I have saved it for last, since that is the hardest type of thing for me to find time to tackle.

I should also note, to set expectations, that no one is working on Windows or VST. I actually did just yesterday try to find and flag everything in the source code that lacks Windows or VST implementations with compile-time warnings or runtime assertions, to at least guide such possible work someday, but no promises that will happen.
Oh :-(
Thanks Sophia, so how did you managed to compile the old versions for Win32 VST?

Return to “Smart Electronix”