GalactiX

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any more plans for this little gem?

Doug
Please wear a mask!

shortyedwards wrote:Any more plans for this little gem?
Doug
Thanx for your post Doug.

There are a lot of plans of course.
I got too much contradictory requests
from folks around the globe - so I was a bit frustrated
what exactly public needs from this tool.

Maybe I'll release next version, maybe it will play
for me only - still don't know

--Alex.

Hi Alex..

A sustain would be really nice..

great synth

thanks
AlexSE wrote:
shortyedwards wrote:Any more plans for this little gem?
Doug
Thanx for your post Doug.

There are a lot of plans of course.
I got too much contradictory requests
from folks around the globe - so I was a bit frustrated
what exactly public needs from this tool.

--Alex.

It's a great synth. I use it quite a bit when I need some digital sounding chords. The only improvement for me would be if either CPU usage could be decreased a bit or if the quality was adjustable i.e. user could sacrifice sound quality for a lower CPU usage.

I had some voice pads that were running at around 55% on a 933MhZ in Orion Platinum which didn't leave room for much else...

It seems like GalactiX noise courses a DC-offset. Might be that you use only positive values for noise. Could you fix that?

I like it alot too. I appreciate its very digital, synthy sound. Its sound doesn't shy away from its synthyness if that makes any sense at all.

AlexSE - I think you should take the synth wherever you want it to go. I'm sure it will continue to find its use in my stuff. Press on!!

Doug
Please wear a mask!

pppllllleeeeaaaaaaassssseeee don't keep it only for you !

:cry:

What a little gem... anyone who has not got this, download it, crank up the rgcaudio1 and rgcaudio3 presets and you'll see this is something special.

Thanks Smart Electronix... I hope more people see the worth in this little beast!

Cheers,
Jon :)

Gargoyle wrote:What a little gem... anyone who has not got this, download it, crank up the rgcaudio1 and rgcaudio3 presets and you'll see this is something special.
er what presets?

I can't seem to find them on KVR or the RCG site - where do I get them pls?

Right-click on the bar that says "Default" ... there you'll find the presets among others.

Cheers
travisdk

doh! - I should have read the 100 page manual I guess :)

Anyone done some more presets?

Alex wrote:
I hope you continue work on GalactiX. It's one of my favorite synths!

If I can help in some way let me know, of course I'm not a programmer or graphics guy but don't let that stop you. :D

I'm putting together a new CD and GalactiX is on 7 of 12 tracks. I will credit Smart Electronix and you in the liner notes.
Reviews http://www.musicfaq.net
Selected tracks from new album TRAUMA :
http://netnewmusic.ning.com/profile/BSatinover

its sad that there arent as many similar synths out there like galactix... (or are there and i just dont know about them?)

it makes some rather impressive pads... i agree with what shortedwards said.. it doesnt shy away from his synthyness.. its quite an expressive sounding synth..

i also agree that you, the developer (alex), should take the synth where YOU want to go with it (as in development) its a freebie, so just develop it on how it best suits you- but please dont keep it to yourself :cry:

the only extra thing i want from this synth is better cpu optimization...

i would use it, but its a cpu killer. a three not chord takes up around 30% of my 1.2ghz tbird. Its the most cpu intensive plugin that I have come upon. It does sound great though...

I just like the sound of your patches Alex, and use them alot.:) More patches and/or just a extra patch bank here to download a KVR would be nice. Yeah, it eats the CPU - but taught me alot about 'stream to .WAV' in the process.;)

Return to “Smart Electronix”