KTGranulator -- This is a keeper -- Great Voice Tool

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, I had to post a 'Thank You' for such a great little tool... and can you believe it, it's FREE.

I've used KTGranulator to make a few radio spots and skits for my Internet Radio Station and it has worked out really well.

I used KTGranulator to make my voice sound like it was coming through a phone and also used it to disquise my voice to sound like a corrupt lawyer and mobster. If you're interested in hearing the skits I used it in go to the link below and check out the following skits.

(Warning, these were done by my 1 member radio staff... me ... all voices are mine except for my son's "Don't hurt my daddy" cry...)

The ones that I used KTGranulator on were the following...

Radio Contest Skit -- 1:30 Minutes
A confused caller thinks he's won a contest

Mr. Meely Returns -- 1:42 Minutes
Well Mr. Meely returns and tries once more to get his prize.

Mr. Meely's Lawyer - 1:42 Minutes
Oh, oh, it looks like Coronal Winds is in big trouble now.

and finally:
The Mob Hits Coronal Winds Radio. 1:53 Minutes
The Mob just took over Coronal Winds Radio

You can check these out here...
http://www.roadtobetterliving.com/HTML/RadioSpots.html

Thanks for the great tool and I wanted to let you just know how I was using it...

Best of luck,
Dennis
Last edited by dlt123 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coronal Winds Radio - Tune In!
Remember, what you believe doesn't rewrite reality.

I agree, it's a great tool. Used it on guitars, percussion, but it shines on vocal fx.
Thanks Koen!

Thanks guys ;-)
By the way: don't forget to check out AudioMulch by Ross Bencina, from where I got the idea of this granulator!
Koen

KoenTanghe wrote:Thanks guys ;-)
By the way: don't forget to check out AudioMulch by Ross Bencina, from where I got the idea of this granulator!
Koen
Thank you Koen, I'll do that... Just a final note, I've read that some think this is a one trick pony and I have to dissagree. I can see a lot of uses for this VST and would support an updated version of this tool if it ever happened.

Thanks again for a very useful and fun tool in my arsonal,
Dennis

An enthusiastic +1 :D

I have used KTGranulator many many times in my live ambient music. It's a brilliant granulizer with great sound. The ability to finely control the amount of CPU consumed is also very nice.

Interesting it was modeled after the BubbleBlower in AudioMulch - I always wondered why KTGranulator had such similar controls to the ones in AudioMulch ... very cool.

Thanks very much for such a useful tool, and for making it available to the community freely!

dburgan wrote:An enthusiastic +1 :D

I have used KTGranulator many many times in my live ambient music. It's a brilliant granulizer with great sound. The ability to finely control the amount of CPU consumed is also very nice...
I have to agree and also add that I am very picky what FREE VST I use in my arsonal since most are marginal in their utility, but this application has been very useful and fun to use making it a no-brainer for those looking for a unique tool.

If this is free, it definitely necessitates looking at what this developer has for sale? :o

Dennis

Thank You too from Prague. Your granulator is one of the best, i know much of them... this is the Your I prefer. I hope You manage to continue to develop it to adapt it to the VST3... Thank You a lot!!!

And if You want to visit Prague a day, you are welcome to take some pints of a good beer...

MiroslavH
Prague, CZ
Free presets: Alchemy, FM8, Poseidon, Tera, Toxic Bio and soon for Gladiator, Circle, Cube2, Zebra and more.

I agree I love this plug-in. thanks for it. Only one issue i have with the au version, it has no gui and the basic one does not fit on the screen of my 13" macBook pro. I find this a real shame if not a little iritating. any chance of making the gui available on the au.
cheers

dlt123 wrote:Well, I had to post a 'Thank You' for such a great little tool... and can you believe it, it's FREE.

I've used KTGranulator to make a few radio spots and skits for my Internet Radio Station and it has worked out really well.

I used KTGranulator to make my voice sound like it was coming through a phone and also used it to disquise my voice to sound like a corrupt lawyer and mobster. If you're interested in hearing the skits I used it in go to the link below and check out the following skits.

(Warning, these were done by my 1 member radio staff... me ... all voices are mine except for my son's "Don't hurt my daddy" cry...)

The ones that I used KTGranulator on were the following...

Radio Contest Skit -- 1:30 Minutes
A confused caller thinks he's won a contest

Mr. Meely Returns -- 1:42 Minutes
Well Mr. Meely returns and tries once more to get his prize.

Mr. Meely's Lawyer - 1:42 Minutes
Oh, oh, it looks like Coronal Winds is in big trouble now.

and finally:
The Mob Hits Coronal Winds Radio. 1:53 Minutes
The Mob just took over Coronal Winds Radio

You can check these out here...
http://www.roadtobetterliving.com/RadioSpots.html

Thanks for the great tool and I wanted to let you just know how I was using it...

Best of luck,
Dennis
Great skits... :)
I enjoyed the special effects on the vocals. :hihi:

But please, we need the new version for Leopard and Snow Leopard. This work under the VST, but this is not the last plugin VST version, and under the AU, we lost the GUI (graphic user's interface)... I'm affraid that under the last Cubase and in the Snow Leo environment this don't work well... Do You can project a new version?
Free presets: Alchemy, FM8, Poseidon, Tera, Toxic Bio and soon for Gladiator, Circle, Cube2, Zebra and more.

I give it a bump.It's always been one of my favorites.
TONEDEAD Love Sharts

dburgan wrote: Interesting it was modeled after the BubbleBlower in AudioMulch - I always wondered why KTGranulator had such similar controls to the ones in AudioMulch ... very cool.
Actually it's modelled after AudioMulch's DLGranulator (according to this page http://koen.smartelectronix.com/KTGranulator/).

DLGranulator => Delay Line Granulator. Granulates live input.

BubbleBlower => Granulates an in memory sample loaded from a soundfile (good for freeze and timestretch effects.

Ross.
Perform, Compose, Mangle
AudioMulch modular audio software for PC and Mac
http://www.audiomulch.com

Just wanted to add an additional note... Besides using KTGranulator to make my radio skits... I've also used another voice changing application called MorphVox Pro. It has a ton of interesting voice changing voice packs that allows for a number of voice enhancements even changing your voice to the opposite sex.

If you're not familiar with ScreamingBee's MorphVox Pro check it out.

http://www.screamingbee.com/product/MorphVOX.aspx

Enjoy,
Dennis

Why do I suddenly feel like I've been cleverly spammed
TONEDEAD Love Sharts

Kmeister wrote:Why do I suddenly feel like I've been cleverly spammed
By who and for what? :?

Return to “Smart Electronix”