Official support for: smartelectronix.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK.

requests and bugs, let me have it!

Features I will definatly add in a new release
  • midi control over everything
  • An option (or 3) to prevent silence/reverse/slow speed to happen on the straight beat to keep the 4-to-the-floor feel
  • some kind of amplitude envelope per slice
  • variable bit-crunching and samplerate reduction per slice :) (thx wakax!)
  • dry-wet mix or only output 'rearranged slices'
  • new version should have a minimum of 4 slices per measure.
  • presets
  • random panning per slice
Features I will have to think about (i.e. I like these, but they aren't too easy ;) )
  • pitching up/different (linear pitch down, tempo synched slow speed, start pitch<->target pitch)
  • GUI (hard to do right for this effect, ...)
  • Tempo synched slow speed (half speed, quarter, 3/8 etc...)
  • some way of getting mixed measures (for ex. 1/4 and 1/8 chops in the same measure)
  • an option to force slices to be picked from the past when slow or reverse is instantly triggered (right now only 'rearranged slices' can be reversed or retriggered, which is sometimes confusing...)
  • a few filters in parallel to which slices are routed (i.e. probability of X that slice goes to HP, probability of Y that it goes to HP, Z that it bypasses the filters) (thx Timbre for the idea)
  • support different timesigs?
  • dotted slices (triplets), needs an allmost complete rewrite :(
Features I will never add
  • multi I/O, too many hosts behave funkie with multiple IO
bugs
  • at VERY high BPM counts the internal sequencer isn't randomized each and every measure
  • when instant-whatever is turned on, it sometimes produces clicks (note-to-self: try w/ sinewaves)
  • weird bug on on thehumanPlugin's dual mac (*sigh*)
- bram
Last edited by Bram on Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:12 am, edited 15 times in total.

no bugs here so far (os9.2.2, logic 6.1), but buckets full of joy. :oops:

feature requests:

- some 1/16, 1/8 etc. quantise-functions. Topcool would be if they could be set to "random" as well ... hehe. (best would be if they could be automated as well)

- an overall pitch function to pitch the whole thing would be also nice.
(for example to get these superslick fitzifitz-beats when pitched really high)

cheers master bram
putte

Bram, awesome plugin! most fun i've had in a loooong time and so much more to try it on!

My request would be midi key activation of the instant chop/rev/stop functions... :D

Great work..easily my favourite plugin!

THANKYOU!

btw tested in Mac OS 9.2.2 and 10.2.5 (VST 5.2pb1/SX 1.06)
< nobody cares what you use >

putte, I don't really understand what you mean by saying
'1/16' '1/8' etc quantise?
Isn't that exactly what the number of slices is??

- bram

A nice GUI so that I can read what each of the parameters are when using in Orion Pro !! :D
Thanks
Ian
The Cat
The Pads

Bram wrote:putte, I don't really understand what you mean by saying
'1/16' '1/8' etc quantise?
Isn't that exactly what the number of slices is??
:roll: .... hmmm, i thought about that too. :hihi:
Okay - then i now say thanks for implementing it! ha!
:D

putte
(tired and silly)

HI

This plug really rocks, instant breakbeat fun!
Some suggestions:
An option (or 3) to prevent silence/reverse/slow speed to happen on the straight beat to keep the 4-to-the-floor feel
Tempo synched slow speed (half speed, quarter, 3/8 etc...)

And Bram, Samplitude sends tempo and time information to the plugins, all tempo synched plugs and also fruity loops vsti work fine, so that cannot be the reason that it doesn't work. Anyway, I have to beg Volker from Magix to fix it...

Bye

Hi!

I found a bug, unfortunately :(

I really am looking forward to try this plugin out, but haven´t succeeded yet. Every time I attempt to do so, it crashes cubase (5.1 is what I´m using, on win98):
As an insert efx, it crashes when turning it on from the mixer.
As a send efx, it crashes when starting to play something through it.
The crash is the same in both cases: I get that "A serious problem have occured" dialogue that cubase generates = the machine doesn´t crash, but cubase does.
Best Regards

Roman Empire

i know what puttputt means:

you know how you sets the chops/beat.. to like 4 chops 8 chops etc?

how bout making it more like a quanitize feature where some chops will be chopped at 1/4 or 1/8 or a dotted 1/8th.. then have it be able to chop up different durations for one loop instead of it being fixed to the 4/8/16/etc...

i would love it to chop 1/4 triplets for the last 4 beats of an 8beat loop. :D

i'll hopefully have time this weekend and go through it well with cubaseSX
worst signature evar

roman empire: can you be more specific or elaborate more?
what kind of measure/bpm settings?
what exact version of cubase?
have you tried OTHER hosts, does that work?
if possible try it w/ supatrigga as the ONLY loaded VST plugin.
if possible, try to load it w/ supatrigga as the only VST plugin in your PLUGINS DIRECTORY.

heheh, someone needs to teach you KVR-people how to submit propper bug reports ;) ;)

- bram

Supatrigga = lots of fun!

Is there any way to do a wet/dry mix (or really I guess it would be to only outputs slices which were modified)? I'd like to have just the effected slice panned left or right with a dry track.

Ok - here is a greedy one. Is there any way to feed it two signals and use probabilities to determine which one (or both) would get output?

Here are a couple possible bugs:

- When the "rearrange prob" is set to 0 the other sliders seem to have no effect. Is this by design?

- When the granularity is set to 2 slices / measure "reverse" and "rearrange" don't have any effect unless "repeat" is cranked up.

Thanks!!! Dan

I would like to see preset banks, so I could save my favourite crazy SupaTrigger settings for later. Is that possible without a GUI?
-K
http://www.plogue.com/bidule/
~ Plogue Bidule User ~

Just a quick though, pHATmatik has the PERFECT gui for something like SupaTrigga. I'd take a good look at it and maybe even find some good ideas for funtionality :)

Just one thing- as well as the speed I'd like to be able to determine a pitch(%) to slow down to, instead of just 0%. Come to think of it maybe more than 100%, speeding up in other words?

Hey Bram!!!

OK first and foremost this is THE GREATEST plugin to come out in a long time. Also Ivan is crazy:) - a lot to master at once but it will be rewarding with time given.

Bug:
MAC OS 9.2- Dual1ghz
CubaseVST/32 5.1 r2 pb1

When I play one channel and have supa on its insert, it works fine.
If I put it in on a second channel and its insert and play both tracks I get bad clicks. (though some people might like this) :)

like this:
http://www.kingrhythm.com/rho.MP3

So basically I can only use one of these on a song at a time:(

Weird thing:
If I mixer-mute the second track, just to cease the audio, not the midi events, the first track still clicks. The only way to get it to stop clicking is to mute the midi notes.

By the way, nothing instant is on

I hope this helps!!!

If you need further info, PLEASE ask!

Return to “Smart Electronix”