NyquistEq released!

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!
I just released NyquistEq, which is a parametric, graphic equalizer with an intuitive graphical interface. The reason it's called NyquistEq is because it's the result of my efforts to create a filter that sounds good all the way up to the Nyquist frequency (if sampling rate is 44.1 kHz then nyquist is at 22.05 kHz). It also never clicks and it handles deep bass well also. Hope you like it! :wink:

http://magnus.smartelectronix.com/

Ps, it's windows VST only.

wow!
thank you very much magnus for this beauty!
lalo

Loox very interesting. Gotta check that one out...
WinXP * CubaseSX3 * Intel Core2Duo6800 * 2GB RAM * M-Audio 24/96

After some testing I can say: Looks dope and sounds even doper! It's free? 10/10.
WinXP * CubaseSX3 * Intel Core2Duo6800 * 2GB RAM * M-Audio 24/96

yeah this is free?

extremely nice job :love:

one nitpicky thing though.. could you but a border or a dot (something) to distinguish which blocks are the frequency movement and which is the Q level?

VitaminD wrote:yeah this is free?

one nitpicky thing though.. could you but a border or a dot (something) to distinguish which blocks are the frequency movement and which is the Q level?
:? what do you mean with that? I mean, the one in the middle is for the frequency and the two other ones are for the quality - it can't get any easier, can it?

But what I am missing is information about the settings: q, freq and db - or am I missing something? :?

Anyway: this little baby sounds fantastic :D
- thanks for it, Magnus :hail: :hail: :hail:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:
VitaminD wrote:yeah this is free?

:? what do you mean with that? I mean, the one in the middle is for the frequency and the two other ones are for the quality
no crap.. you're missing the point. :roll:
jens wrote: - it can't get any easier, can it?
It could get easier for me with a little dot or something to signify which is which.. it IS a minor thing.. but still is an issue for me. Maybe a circle for the middle block.
jens wrote: But what I am missing is information about the settings: q, freq and db - or am I missing something? :?
shrugoff my issue with the plugin, then introduce your own? how nice.

:P :P :P
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

magnus@se wrote:Hello!
I just released NyquistEq, which is a parametric, graphic equalizer with an intuitive graphical interface. The reason it's called NyquistEq is because it's the result of my efforts to create a filter that sounds good all the way up to the Nyquist frequency (if sampling rate is 44.1 kHz then nyquist is at 22.05 kHz). It also never clicks and it handles deep bass well also. Hope you like it! :wink:

http://magnus.smartelectronix.com/

Ps, it's windows VST only.

Thank you...I love it.
Very easy to use and instant feedback on adjustments.

Thanks again.

Cool. I don't understand all the engineering stuff about frequencies and "Q" levels but I'm having a whale of a time moving the pretty coloured lines around and hearing what it does to the sounds :)

Thanks

argh, don't make me donate again!!

I love it, I wish the params could be VST params.

Also a bug - if I re-open a saved song (FL Studio) I see the params showing in the GUI, but I have to touch them to make the sound correct.

sounds great :)

i´m having it , even if i don´t need to use , i´ll have it decoranting my working space !
5 stars

It's not designed as an usual eq, is it :oops:

Really love it, bravo and thanks.

Simply brilliant! Magnus, you're the man.

Some suggestions for a future update:

Frequency-meter built into the EQ-GUI - this way you hear and see what you're doing. The Logic EQ has this - was always looking for something similar.

Could you label the vertical lines with the corresponding frequecy-number?

Doubleclick on the center square makes the line jump back to its default position.

Overall level control.

Before I forget: Superb sound!

Love it.

Cheers, Pädy

Great interface!! Except for the lack of frequency lables and meter. Its hard knowing where I am sometimes. But overall, fantastic. I'm not a mixing engineer but it sounds really good to me. :)

Return to “Smart Electronix”