Competition winners

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

r.a.w. wrote: p.s.: my fav still is Cosmotronic Introduction by mpg~ ;)
That is very kind of you and I appreciate it. :) I'm sort of glad I didn't win, though... I would have ended up pressuring myself into making a release demo or something crazy!

But if you like my music you can keep an eye out for a new project of mine that deals with ambient / sub-rhythmic music, emotion and textures. It won't be released as mpg~ though.

Many congratulations to all the contest winners and their super mad skills. :) All of the top entries are definitely worthy of the title "Winner!"

Smex voting was bunk! My top four were: (in no particular order)

The Tragic Death of insects (Steven West)
Cosmotronic introduction (mpg~)
Still Dope (psynus)
Catacthonic (annihilist)

Forever,

Kim.

Aww shucks Jeez, that's mighty kind of you. :oops:

Where we you BEFORE the judges voted then, huh? :tantrum:

:lol:

I did work on my song, but if truth be known - I didn't work THAT hard on it. :roll: And to be honest, I really didn't know what I'd be up against with all these SmEx fans as well? And I didn't listen to anyone beforehand, because I was to scared to know after my damage was done and entered. (Thanks to Gary MC once again for his help. :D )

But the talent that used the SmEx stuff stuff as they did - frankly I'm amazed I even got Honourable Mention. 8) I feel like I'm in a room with magicians and their devices, and I'm the guy that just does the 'disappearing coin' trick. I want to ask all the users how they do their tricks... And I'm sure they would just tell me 'PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!'.

So I got 300 days to master the 'Levitating TransVerb' trick. :hihi:

Steven West wrote:I feel like I'm in a room with magicians and their devices, and I'm the guy that just does the 'disappearing coin' trick.

Forever,

Kim.

Steven West wrote:Where we you BEFORE the judges voted then, huh?
I really wanted to enter the comp myself, but I just didn't have time. :cry:

I would have liked to submit a top-40 style pop song. :ud:

Forever,

Kim.

Since the email sent out (that pointed to this thread) welcomed suggestions.. :D ..

I'd suggest having (after the contests are over) the ratings for each song.. maybe a short writeup by each judge on their most prevalent likes and/or dislikes on each entry..

or

maybe some musical rules to go by.. as far as to what you'll be judging more on.. like 30 points will be going to musicality.. 40 for creativity.. 20 for the mix.. maybe 10 for personal preference.. etc

then you could just click on a song after the contest and see that it got (for instance) 20/30 on musicality.. 34/40 on creativity.. 2/20 for the mix.. 5/10 on the pref..

grand total.. 61/100

just an idea.. i dont think it would make the contest longer.. this one had a deadline of june 17th? and its middle october now.. so you'd have plenty of time to judge :P

We'd also love for the winners to show us exactly how the track was made! Perhaps we could even make a tutorial/showcase about it on Smartelectronix.
I would really love a tutorial showcasing how some (or all) of the tracks were made. Somehow, I dont think its gonna happen though.. :(

Interesting idea VitaminD, but who knows what the styles and trends will be next year? And I usually try to go as far right from trendy expectations as I can. So I would hold a rating of 32/100 more dear than 63/100. :hihi:

And I hear you too Snapple - I'd love for the winner, in this case Joseph; give a tutorial or 'walkthrough' on how his track was completed and all. It really is stunning! :D But, if Joseph's anything like me - I just kind of throw things together in a trance and nod when I like the sound.
So I hope it doesn't become 'standard' that the winners has to fully note every move made, or else I'm entering the most minimalistic piece next year! :lol:

there will be no "point details".

there will be a full description (how they are made) and no-compression download of the tracks.

- bram

So Joseph and all DO have to give a technical synopsis for us poor minions at some point Bram? :?
That for sure will be a interesting read when done! :D

"I started Metrosexual by first loading up NI's Pro53... Oh-oh! :bang: " - Joseph

Really Great Track!!! Der Koen Maxchina ist der best...

Sunsinger

Return to “Smart Electronix”