Procedure for Acquiring Blue Updates

Official support for: realitone.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is current procedure for downloading updates to Blue?

I downloaded the *jax.zip from the original email, but that contains a June .nki file.

I need 1.3 update.

Seconded; I've had nothing by email, and the old download link is the old .nki
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I got hold of Mike via facebook - apparently he sent the info to kvr then found a last minute bug, so it's delayed - said ALL owners will definitely be notified via email when the update is online

John is correct. I made a pretty big screwup so I pulled the update. I'm hoping to have it up tonight. It includes the ability to edit syllables in the middle of the phrase, so the sooner I can get it to you, the better.

I'll probably only post here and on Facebook, though, and wait to email until next week, because I'm going to be out of town starting tomorrow and won't be able to handle a lot of email.

Regrettably, tonight isn't going to happen for the update. Still a few snags I need to iron out.

I'm going out of town until Sunday, so there won't be anything while I'm way, but I'm reasonably confident I'll have this up on Monday or Tuesday.

Hi Mike, are you still working on the 1.3 update?

Yes. The delay is because I've added a bit more than I originally planned. This update now gives the ability to edit in the middle of a phrase (rather than just a backspace button) and I've also got a load/save function working for the phrases.

I'm still trying to iron our a bug in the legatos of Boom and Bom, but hopefully by this afternoon, that will be done. Then I ext the manual and start the upload process. Probably Monday or Tuesday you'll be able to download. I'll announce here before we send our emails, since I'll also want to finish up a video and a few other odds and ends before making it "official."

Great news, sounds like a lot of work you're doing to improve/enhance it.

No hurry for me..I'd rather you take the time needed to get the results you envision.

Uploading now. This will take a while, because my internet is really slow here. Should be done by tomorrow morning, though. I'll post here when it's done.

Musical Gym, WhyteRabbyt and JDNZ, yours are already up. (I did yours first.)

Anyone else who wants the download soon, email me (your serial number would be helpful, but not mandatory as long as I have your email address or full name you purchased with) and I'll jump you to the front.

Thanks Mike!

Cheers!

Everyone's files are now uploaded. I'll post officially as I finish up the video and some other stuff. For now, a few notes:

1. You only need to download the zip file. (Nothing new with the large far files that have the samples.) The link for the zip file is the same as the first time you downloaded from the "Your Realivox Blue Purchase" email. (Updates will always be in that link.)

2. If the zip file decompresses and gives you mysterious duplicate files that start with a dot, you can delete them. You can also delete anything that says "DS_Store." Those are just weird by-products that happen in the compression process on Windows. There might be a bug in compression app that's doing that. For now, just delete the odd stuff and you'll be fine.

3. The manual is updated with the new features, specifically the new edit features, and loading and saving phrase banks. There will be a video as well, but I'm not sure how quickly I can get to that.

4. I won't be emailing for another day or two, just in case there is something wrong. Soooo . . . if there's something wrong, please tell me! ;)

Mike Greene wrote:2. If the zip file decompresses and gives you mysterious duplicate files that start with a dot, you can delete them. You can also delete anything that says "DS_Store." Those are just weird by-products that happen in the compression process on Windows. There might be a bug in compression app that's doing that. For now, just delete the odd stuff and you'll be fine.
Am I right in thinking the drive you're zipping these file on is shared between a Mac and a PC?

.DS_Store files are hidden files created by OSX (as are the .<whatever> duplicates); windows 'sees' them, but OSX pretends it doesnt. If you've got a drive shared between both OSes, any time you browse to a folder in OSX it'll create them.
Then, when you zip up that folder in Windows, if there are any of these files inside it, it zips them up too.

edit : some windows command line options for stomping on them...

http://awesometoast.com/delete-all-inst ... n-windows/

Thanks Sean! This is really helpful. The drives are only used on my Macs, but they are indeed formatted for both. I use an Applescript to do my processing of the individualized files, so when I get a chance, I'll revise it to include the deletions. The good news is that it looks like it won't be too difficult . . . I hope!

"If the zip file decompresses and gives you mysterious duplicate files that start with a dot, you can delete them. Those are just weird by-products that happen in the compression process on Windows. There might be a bug in compression app that's doing that. For now, just delete the odd stuff and you'll be fine."

I just read this part, but I already sent screen prints of the ._files to your email.
I don't think this is normal behavior, as I don't recall seeing it before and I extract a lot of Kontakt libraries from zip archives.

Is it possible that those files could have been created as a result of not closing Blue prior to running the utility on them?
Last edited by Musical Gym on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Realitone”