Ample Guitar no release sound in Studio One 2.6

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Every one. I can hear Ample guitar release sound clearly in Fl Studio 11 but nothing in Studio One 2.6 using the same midi controller. I've turn the release fader all the way up and down but nothing's different. Is this a Studio one velocity note off problem? Why in Fl studio everything just work fine?
Any help? Thanks

Hi, can you try to run standalone with your midi controller and see if you can get release sounds? This would help to diagnose the problem.

Hello Jie Chen. I've try to run AGT standalone and the release sound are clearly audible . But can you help me find out the problem please. How the release sound works and why I can't get it in Studio One? In Studio One when I click the Guitar fretboard of AGT I still hear the release sound but when I play with my keyboard or try to record or draw notes, the release sound just gone away no matter what I do. :(

I have, to some extent, the same issue. There is an additional issue found, however.

3 keyboards (MIDI behavior monitored inside S1-2):
M-Audio Keystation 88ES sends "Note On" when key released.
M-Audio Oxygen25 sends "Note Off" when key released, unknown vel.
Novation SL-MkII-61 Sends "Note Off" when key released, unknown vel.

Standalone:
Fretboard-sounded note has release sample.
Novation triggers release sample and is adjustable with "Rel" volume.
M_Audio kybds do not trigger release sample.

In Studio 1 2.6.2:
Fretboard-sounded note has release sample.
M-Audio kybds do not trigger release.
Novation triggers release, but is independent of Rel setting. It is loud and obnoxious. Rather than deal with it, I prefer the lack of release sample trigger of the other kybds.

Hope that adds to the understanding.
2013 MBPro OS10.9.4
Studio One is current

The volume of release sound is determined by note off velocity. Some keyboards are sensible to note off velocity while others just set it to 0. In Cubase, you can open piano-roll to edit off velocity. You may find similar option in Studio One.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ample Sound”