AGL II hiss on legato notes

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

I was looking for a nylon acoustic VSTi and was impressed by the AGL II demos so I pulled the trigger and I've just purchased AGL II.

I've noticed there is a bit of hiss at the end of legato notes. Using a bit of compression makes it worse but even without any plugins in the strip I still notice it. I've also tested the standalone and it's there as well. Is this normal?

Cheers,
Steph.

The hiss you said maybe release sound, please turn "REL" slider to 0 on the main panel if you don't like it.

Thanks for the tip however REL is already at 0. The hiss is quite noticeable on a legato slide. I think this is the issue.

Then turn FS switch off?

Tried that too but still there is hiss. It seems part of the samples and or software?

Could you upload an audio example here? we have to check it in detail.

Hi. Here are 2 short samples from a song I am working on. 1 raw and one with the effects strip enabled. The strip is eq, slight compression, delay, reverb.

The hiss is there in the raw version throughout the opening few bars but especially noticeable at the end of legato notes as they fade out. The file with the strip inserts enabled just magnifies the issue.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That is the natural background noise from Mics and AMPs, the level of AGL recorded background noise is less than -68 db which is acceptable. any dry samples have background noise except used a Noise Gate or something like it, but it will reduce the sound quality, we will not use it for pre-recording.

Ok thanks for the info however I am hearing a fair bit of hiss once applying some light compression, exciter, eq and transient shaper. I am using Izotope Neutron for these strip effects.

I don't know if I have a bad install but now that I've had some time play with AGL on an original song (3 rhythm and 1 lead parts), I find I have to apply quite a bit of EQ in the top end, transient shaper (for a little extra sustain in the mid-top region) and exciter to get it to punch through the mix - it has a lot of percussion and parts that compete in the same frequency spectrum. And because of this the hiss becomes noticeable in the track.

Do you have any suggestions for pulling a good sound with AGL!?

Please use pick library in a big band.

Return to “Ample Sound”