Note on the same string

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I‘m using AmpleMetalRay 5 (bass). How do I prevent that a note plays on a different string from which I originally programmed it.
Working in Ableton Live. When I make a new arrangement in the same instrument stack, then in the other arrangement the melody is suddenly played on another string (same note, but different string).

I hope this makes sense. Don’t know how to describe differently.

1. Open the settings panel, toggle MIDI Guitar On, set MIDI channels for each strings, set the option of midi track to "all channels", but it seems user can not edit MIDI channel information in Live

2. Use capo key - F0 + Note B0 - E2 to change capo positions, you can customize strings with correct capo positions.

Can you explain the capo function further? Or is there a tutorial?

I see there is a possibility to select the string with StrMan E6-F6-G6. Only why only 3 strings?? Not all 5.

Can’t figure out how the Capo function works. If you can help us out, would be nice. Thank you

The strman are D#6 - G6, 5 notes.

Switch to a fret position manually. Press F0 and the CapoMan line (yellow) will appear. Then press B0-E2 to switch to position 0-17 respectively.

Found the strman :dog:

edit: also found out how to use the capo. Thanks.

You can understand capo quickly if you play guitar\bass.

The one of difference between Guitar and Piano is that you can play the same pitch on the different strings, if you play a MIDI note on your MIDI keyboard or in your MIDI track, virtual guitar doesn't know which string should be responded. but in a capo area, there is not a repeated pitch, e.g. if you play a G1 in 3rd capo area on a bass, it will be on D\2nd string. a G1 in 8rd capo area, it will be on A\3rd string.
So you can customize strings with capoman.

Metal Bass normally is played on two strings even one string, you have to switch capos often, the MIDI channels or strman work more easier.

But you can not set MIDI channels for each note in Live, so Strman would be the best choice for you.

Return to “Ample Sound”