ABP 2.5 riffer creates 4 midi files in Pro Tools 12

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK I auditioned the ABP precision 2.5 with the new riffer…It’s really good, I bought it and it goes nicely with the ACT and AGTC I’ve already got but theres one thing that I can’t figure out ? Must be a mistake on my part !
If I set up say a stereo instrument track in Protools (12.7.1) and put the bass ABP in it, then look for a riff I like, then drag the midi into protools…..I get four midi files ! ? Each comprising bits of the required info ?
If I do a similar thing say using my guitar AGT and strummer, then I drag in the midi and I get one file which contains all the info ?
Am I doing something really daft here ? The set up in each is the same and I can’t see what is wrong or different.
Any Ideas ?
Cheers Clive
Pro tools 12.7.1, Win 7/64

Found it ! I'd missed the riff preferences button at the btm of the riffer screen and the part that changes export from channel to strman.

Only downside is that it seems to revert to channel every time I open the plugin, is there some in a future version that the riffer preferences could be saved with general settings ?

Anyway got it sorted !

Cheers

Clive

You can save your settings as a default setting on the Settings panel.

The Channel export mode will open MIDI guitar feature automaticlly, then the Bass Strings (1-4) are responsed MIDI channel (1-4), your MIDI keyboard only can output MIDI channel 1 -- so only 1st G string (G2 - F4) sounds.

As we know there are 3 DAWs don't support MIDI channel feature (multi MIDI channels in one MIDI track), Protools, Live and Digital P. the most of DAWs support that feature.

Thanks for the prompt reply but that’s not quite right or maybe I'm not explaining myself very well !

If say in standalone mode I select the riffer page in the ABP plugin and then open the Riffer preferences window at the bottom and change the export mode from the default channel to Strman, close it and then go to the settings window and save the settings as ‘Default’(which then it should read every time the plugin is opened), then close the plugin and reopen it, the riffer preferences will have reverted to Channel (I tried changing other settings in the Riffer Preferences Window and none get saved).

I’ve checked the Default APb2state file and its todays date so I know it saved, it just doesn’t save any changes to the Riffer preferences window ?

Cheers

Clive

Pro Tools 12.7.1, Win 7 64

Sorry we will fix it and release the update ASAP.

Return to “Ample Sound”