Can't get chord mode legato slide to work, can someone help?

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've watched the tutorial video many times but I'm having issues getting it to work. Using latest version of Reaper.

The video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q8fPvcFIBw

So I'm in stru mode. I get that I need to put the 'set strum time' in the sequencer(C#5). It's there. But this the first thing that isn't working correctly. This just starts playing Chord Pattern 7.

Legato Slide (E0) is also in my midi pattern before anything begins, BUT if I watch the display, it never gets out of sustain mode into legato slide mode. It only goes to legato slide mode if I manually hit it on the virtual keyboard. When I hit play again, it goes right back to sustain mode and I don't know why.

The third thing I can't match in the videos is C4, D4, E4, etc do not do downstroke, upstroke etc. C4 does chord sequence #1. and d4, e4 and on do only the bass note, not entire chords.

Basically I can't get anything to act like it does in the video and I would love if there was a midi file I could import, or get screenshots of the VST settings while I'm doing this because I realize something's not set right on my VST. It's simply not acting like the tutorial video does. I've used it this far with success, but it's only now when I'm trying to use the slide that I see it's nothing like the tutorial video for some reason in terms of function.

In this case, the patch name in Reaper is different with Cubase, the C4 in Cubase just is C5 in Reaper - all of notes should be up one oct.

Return to “Ample Sound”