Can't Record Strummer in Logic Pro X

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have looked all over the internet and Youtube for an answer to this. I am trying to record in the Strummer mode of Ample Guitar M II Lite. When I play the Strummer guitar in Logic Pro X, there are levels on the Master Volume and the Volume on the Instrument Track itself. But, when I hit record it does nothing. I have MIDI out selected "on" in the settings panel. Do I have one of the Channel Strip settings wrong perhaps? Thank you for any insights.

Hi Logic is the only one DAW which doesn't support MIDI out, you can simply drag MIDI into Logic without MIDI out.
http://www.amplesound.net/en/tutorial.asp#5.6.5

I think I found a workaround. I'll later edit my post if you want detailed instructions.

1. Get MuLab. The free version is good enough, and even if you cross the freeware limits and hear a soft noise, you just need to export the MIDI from the strums.
2. In the track rack, create a track loaded with AGML2 VST, and with an "event recorder" after the AGML2 VST.
3. Program your chords and strums in the AGML2 VST into the MIDI sequence clip.
4. Press record.
5. There should be a MIDI file of the actual notes that make the strums.
6. Export recorded MIDI clip and import into Logic Pro.
7. Load any third party instrument. Now you have Ample Guitar's strumming with other instruments.

Depending on how the sampled instrument will sound like with different velocities, you might need to adjust the notes' velocity to accommodate for that.

I routed the MIDI out from the AGML2 to a new track with the built-in synth to see if it works (in the modular section of MuLab).

Ample Sound take note of this. Next time please make the individual notes that comprise the strums available in Logic Pro directly when you drag and drop, so you can insert third party instruments and not rely on the plugin if one so chooses.

Does AmpleSound Guitar version three support recording strummer in Logic Pro?

No, that is a DAW feature, plugins can not do it.

Return to “Ample Sound”