Tab to Riff more than 1 Measure ?

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the Tab tab I can only save 1 current measure to Riff ?
If I drag the measures in 1 by 1 from another instance of Ample it looses the articulations.
I can save each measure to *.briff then copy and paste to join them into a new xml *.briff to create a longer Riff but I have to add Quantize amount to the next measure so it will start @ 17 using 1/16, changing Begin="1" End="2" to Begin="17" End="18" .
Is there another way to do this ? maybe a simple thing I have missed ?
I tried copy and paste from 1 instance to another but it didn't work.
You should also be able Ctrl+click & Shift+click to select notes or Ctrl+drag a box to select notes then Shft+drag on one note to move them all.

Thanks for the riff name export in 2.6.

Code: Select all

<Measure ID="1">
    <String ID="3">
      <Note FX="0" Velocity="90" Off-Velocity="65" Begin="1" End="2" Articulation="Slap"
            Fret="0" Legato="No Legato" Bend-Type="No Bend" Vibrato-Type="No Vibrato"
            Vibrato-Percentage="100" Duration-Percentage="100"/>
      <Note FX="0" Velocity="50" Off-Velocity="65" Begin="5" End="6" Articulation="Slap"
      <Note FX="0" Velocity="90" Off-Velocity="65" Begin="7" End="8" Articulation="Slap"
      <Note FX="0" Velocity="90" Off-Velocity="65" Begin="9" End="12" Articulation="Slap"
      <Note FX="0" Velocity="50" Off-Velocity="65" Begin="13" End="14" Articulation="Slap"
      <Note FX="0" Velocity="90" Off-Velocity="65" Begin="17" End="18" Articulation="Slap"
      <Note FX="0" Velocity="90" Off-Velocity="65" Begin="21" End="22" Articulation="Slap"
      <Note FX="0" Velocity="90" Off-Velocity="65" Begin="23" End="24" Articulation="Slap"
      <Note FX="0" Velocity="40" Off-Velocity="65" Begin="27" End="27" Articulation="Slap"
      <Note FX="0" Velocity="90" Off-Velocity="65" Begin="30" End="30" Articulation="Slap"
    </String>
    <String ID="1">
      <Note FX="0" Velocity="90" Off-Velocity="65" Begin="28" End="28" Articulation="Slap"
            Fret="2" Legato="No Legato" Bend-Type="No Bend" Vibrato-Type="No Vibrato"
      <Note FX="0" Velocity="90" Off-Velocity="65" Begin="29" End="29" Articulation="Slap"
      <Note FX="0" Velocity="90" Off-Velocity="65" Begin="31" End="31" Articulation="Slap"
      <Note FX="0" Velocity="90" Off-Velocity="65" Begin="32" End="32" Articulation="Slap"
    </String>
  </Measure>
</Riff>

Thanks for asking, you can do multi measures(up to 8) in v2.6 without edit XML. there is a measure setting selection below the FX label.
The batch operation is hard to do in current version, sorry.

Like this:

Also if you had a track at the bottom that syncs to the host (with a bar offset for 1 or 2 bar count-ins) you can edit each Riff better while still in Ample to fit your other song tracks while playing along with the host. You could have a Tab that switches from the Riff editor to the Song track at the bottom of the VST

Look how Superior Drummer 3, EZDrummer 2 or EZKeys work.

Click Watch Video Here

https://youtu.be/jb8ftoi5BXs?t=2m46s

Like this:

Song Track

Riff Editor

Hi, thanks for pointing out the Tab to Riffer conversion issue, this would be improved in coming updates. For multi-measure operations inside Riffer, use the number under FX label to create more measures, and right click to control the notes (copy, delete measure etc.). For the synced play between host and Riffer, it might have to be scheduled in some further updates. But we do appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks for that, Ample Guitars/Basses etc are great, I recommend them all the time to others.

If you could copy and paste between instances it would be good.

Dragging in looses keyswitches and starts on beat 1 and not beat 3.
When dragging midi it it should ask if you want to import the FX keyswitches also so you don't need to spend time adding them manually. This way also you can drag a full length tab out to Midi with keyswitches, BUT you need to be able to drag more that 1 measure only into the Riff Editor, it will support 8 measures so you need to ask how may measures to import ? starting @ measure ? this way you can import the first 8 measures Save to Riff then import the import the next 8 measure (9to16 of the midi) and Save to Riff.

Clear Measure will ask for conformation BUT Clear All will not, this can be clicked by mistake for Select All and there is NO undo.
You need Select Measure to select all notes in the one Measure and Shift+Drag to Move all the selected notes to the correct beat.

While you are adding the Song Track feature (In a future release :love: ) you can add a Chord Track above it so the Riffs will automatically fit the Chord/Scale like EZKeys:
Better not bother you anymore and let you get busy with all that work ! :clap:

Changing from 8/4 to 4/4 don't change the first time.
If you could drag drag the riff files straight in would help.

Thank you very much for your detailed input and the time you took to make the gifs ;) The changing from 8/4 to 4/4 and missing confirmation for "Clear All" are known bugs, which should be fixed in following updates. For other features you have mentioned, we will definitely take them into account for future improvements.
Our appreciation again.

Hi, this was back in Nov 2017 has anything been fixed or added from the above ? I haven't been able to use all my Ample products yet.
Are you working on the new Chord Track like EZKeys ?

I suggested some time back in 2017 in the previous posts that you needed a chord track like EZKeys in Ample Guitars/Bass, but I think Toontrack have now beat you to it:
https://www.toontrack.com/toontrack-20-years/

Return to “Ample Sound”