Valo presets?

Official support for: signaldust.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, I'm trying to hunt down more presets for VALO. I know these have been shared on forums in the past, but the links are no longer active. Can you please help me find some extra presets/banks for this cool synth? Thanks in advance ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

where is vst download?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

What a nice find, would also like more presets if available?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I'm currently trying to make an audio demo for this synth - that's why any help tracking down some extra presets/banks would be appreciated :)
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Well, these old tunes are probably around 90% Valo (basically all synths, I think) at least:

https://soundcloud.com/mystran/sets/mon ... n-attempts

There's a heap of external processing and my mixing skills weren't that great back then (not that they are that great today either), but .. should still give some idea of what can be created with the thing.

There's more on my soundcloud page, but .. the more recent the stuff is, the more likely it is that I've used a lot of other stuff too (especially started using Dolphin for bass). The 2010 stuff might be mostly Valo too though.

I probably COULD try extracting some of the sounds, but many are straight-forward variations from the presets I think.

Well I'm trying to make a "naked" audio demo (like all my audio demos to date): only stock (as in unaltered) presets, no effects or sound processing whatsoever. Basically a raw track with just Valo sounds (except for drums) to showcase precisely how the synth sounds and what can be done with it at an average user level ;) However the plugin version I'm using (the one that was shared in the other topic) has very few presets...so having more sounds to work with would be a plus :) For example, any way of getting a hold of the presets created by streifentier? Or any chance for an additional "factory" bank? :hyper:

Btw, IMO it's a shame that this synth is not developped anymore - I've tested lately for my project almost every single freebie synth available and Valo performs way better than most ;) A new GUI, a couple of additional features (like an arp section) and a hefty preset bank would be killer ;) Sure, new powerful synths are released every year, but not all folks work on the latest computers and even then, having a nice light on CPU plugin that sounds good in spite of being several years old can't hurt, right? :) My 2 cents, anyway :)

idfpower wrote:Well I'm trying to make a "naked" audio demo (like all my audio demos to date): only stock (as in unaltered) presets, no effects or sound processing whatsoever.
I have an old demo actually (internal effects only) somewhere, but I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore. The presets from that demo are in the current bank though. But feel free to make another one. :)
Btw, IMO it's a shame that this synth is not developped anymore - I've tested lately for my project almost every single freebie synth available and Valo performs way better than most ;) A new GUI, a couple of additional features (like an arp section) and a hefty preset bank would be killer ;) Sure, new powerful synths are released every year, but not all folks work on the latest computers and even then, having a nice light on CPU plugin that sounds good in spite of being several years old can't hurt, right? :) My 2 cents, anyway :)
The development got side-tracked around the time I was trying to get the CPU use down, so large parts of it are actually heavily SSE optimized try to get it within acceptable CPU consumption by '08 standards. Unfortunately that also means that the code is largely a bit mess, which means it's hard to do anything with it without spending a lot of time.

If someone wants to organize a more complete factory bank, I can probably include one in a rebuilt binary, but it's unlikely that I'll do a lot more than that with the old code. Since then I've written a lot of code with the goal of doing a much better VA eventually. The only reason I even released it was because several people kept asking about it and I figured it should mostly work well enough to be hopefully some fun to play with.

I understand and thanks for the info ;) But you know, sometimes, even if working on old ideas might be tedious and not that appealing, IMO it's worth if those ideas were good - and I see nothing wrong with Valo ;) It performs excellent on my 10 years old computer ;)

I'll keep you posted if I manage to finish the track ;) Cheers ;)

Anyway, here's a few notes that might save some trouble if someone wants to try to make more presets:

- glide is active in polyphonic modes as well, so should be set minimum if undesired; it glides from the "most recent voice that is still active"

- "half-rate" sync means "sync every other reset of the master" so essentially hard-sync to octave below the master oscillator

- super-saws (=8 detuned saws): both versions work the same, except the reset version starts with all waves in sync (which results in pretty high amplitude, so compensate with slower attack or limiter or something if you don't want this), for a strong phasing effect where desired, the PW/mod knob sets detuning in both cases; sync-slave super-saws will reset one of the saws and calculate the phase it gets moved, then nudges all the other saws by the same amount

- ring-mod in oscillator mix section is "inverted" in the sense that the actual output is -OSC1*OSC2, so mixing it together with the others will give less "spiky" results typically, which can be used for slight fattening effect

- noise is pink; not necessarily the best choice in retrospective, but .. yeah.. it's pink

- the filter "velocity" knob scales the filter envelope (not cutoff directly; must use mod-slot for that)

- the filter internal drive-level is high enough that it distorts a bit if mixer levels are maxed out..

- drive knob is post-VCA (but per-voice) distortion, so affected by the VCA envelope (by design)

- the LFOs (and mod-env) have the bipolar "mod" knob and selection for another modulation source; the way this works is that the total LFO output is "amount+mod*source"

- whenever (for LFO mod-control, or extra mods) no "source" is selected, then the value is treated as 1 so you can set constant modulation

- when an LFO is selected as a source in another LFO's mod-amount or in one of the "extra modulation" slots, the value taken is the raw LFO output (not scaled by the amount or anything else)

- the LFO modes:
-- free-running: per-voice in pretty much random phase
-- reset on note: per-voice, resets phase for new notes
-- single cycle: per-voice, resets on new notes, holds final value without looping
-- tempo-sync: per-voice tempo-division setting
-- song position: tempo-division setting forced to track host transport (so effectively global)
-- global: time-based settings that tracks transport (so effectively global)

- if host-transport is stopped, the "song position" sync mode runs on internal timer that is reset whenever all keys are released

- the song sync and global LFO modes ignore frequency modulation; you need a per-voice mode if you want modulation

- the "DD" and "HD" modes are "double dotted" and "half-dotted" respectively, where the latter is essentially "only the second dot of a double dot"

- "pitch" as a modulation target goes to both oscillators and filter key-tracking (if active by filter key-track knob).. if you don't want

- "single cycle" LFO with S&H wave-form can be used to generate per-note fixed random values (speed in this case is effectively ignored)

- setting a wave-shape like "rising saw" that ends high, then setting the speed to maximum (with single-cycle mode) can be used to "abuse" LFOs as another "extra mod slots" if you just want more routing and don't need all the LFOs

- "note-key" mod-source (key-tracking) is scaled such that when sent at -100% to one of the oscillators, it exactly cancels the normal key-tracking (say for fixed frequency sync-slave)

- all the effects are processed after mixing voices together

idfpower wrote:For example, any way of getting a hold of the presets created by streifentier?
Forgot to answer this. Those presets marked "str" are picked from that bank if I'm not mistaken. Rest are created by me.

mystran wrote: Forgot to answer this. Those presets marked "str" are picked from that bank if I'm not mistaken. Rest are created by me.
Um...my version has only 61 presets out of 128 and there are no STR marked presets...just 5 marked ST... however the guy has originally shared over 80 presets for Valo...strange that the bank got lost since (as it seems) there are ppl still using this plugin (and that's good).

Btw, I tried loading the dll file in VPG (preset generator) but I get this error: "VST Plugin main entry not found" - whatever that means... :bang:

Heres 20 presets for valo mostly plucked and goa type leads
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:Heres 20 presets for valo mostly plucked and goa type leads
Thank you very much ;) I'll test 'em asap :)

Here it is ;)

https://soundcloud.com/telurica/valo-demo

Only stock (unaltered) presets (except for drums, all sounds are 100% "VALO"); everything was kept raw: no external effects, no processing (eq/mixing/mastering).

The audio demo also features presets created by mysticvibes (thanks again) ;)

Enjoy ;)

Return to “Signaldust”