Spire: Problems and trouble shooting help

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried all possible buffer settings.
I was also watching the CPU meter, but none of the cores ever hit any near maximum.
Can't test it in any other DAW, since I'm using Logic only.
I'm going to try it in Logic X, but only on a virtual machine, so I'm not sure it will run as smooth as it should.

regards

dw.

Ok guys, solved, all my fault. It was some weird Release setting on ENV2 causing the crackling.
Happy Spire user again :-)

thanks

dw.

dewulf wrote:Ok guys, solved, all my fault. It was some weird Release setting on ENV2 causing the crackling.
Happy Spire user again :-)

thanks

dw.
Nice, enjoy it!

:help: Spire keeps crashing here on Logic X when playing and then navigating between tracks:

Process: Logic Pro X [1653]
Path: /Applications/Logic Pro X.app/Contents/MacOS/Logic Pro X
Identifier: com.apple.logic10
Version: 10.0.4 (2911.63)

PlugIn Path: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/spire.component/Contents/MacOS/spire
PlugIn Identifier: reveal.sound.spire
PlugIn Version: 1.0.8 (Spire v1.0.8)

Date/Time: 2013-12-03 02:32:24.261 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9 (13A603)

Crashed Thread: 9 com.apple.audio.IOThread.client

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000000000001

Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

Spire 1.0.8 keeps crashing in Ableton 9.1 via Maverick OSX but only when I import midi files. I have tested all other options and it always comes back to Spire being the plug in that crashes the project.

New Spire owner here, running a PC with an AMD 2.6 quad core processor and 8GB RAM and the cpu usage is insane. Hitting 70-100% just with Spire on some of the presets. DAW is Studio One. Look forward to some future optimization updates. Really want to make use of this synth.

Strange problem with Spire here, dunno since which version it experience this bug but now I'm in 1.09 and still having it ... When I switch a preset from a poly mode to any mono mode, all the oscs are suddenly 8 notes lower than the original pitch :o

What is happening ?? I'm under Win 7 64, FL 32 bit with Spire 64 bit.

Help (I hope this will be fixed anyhow in v1.1) !

Hi Everyone,

I posted this back in August 2013:

---

Maybe it's just my setup, but audio rate modulations are noisy.

For example, from the init sound:

1. Set OSC1 WT Mix to a sine (100%)
2. In the mod matrix map OSC1 to OSC1 CtrlB
3. Increase the mod amount (and I hear a lot of audio popping).

---

Just wanted to post a follow-up that in FL studio, I found that if I set the plug-in to "use fixed sized buffers" the audio rate modulations are smooth. That adds a ton of sonic potential IMO.

Best regards,

Gino

Hello, to start with, i want to tell that i have experience alot of bugs with spire, some of them are patched away, many is still bugging me tho, and im gonna try to explain as good as i can when and how it happens.
I am currently using FL Studio.

First of all the most annoying of them all is a bug you guys actually fixed personally for me, after i mailed with you guys, but after i updated spire, the bug came back, so i decided to use my personal DLL file you sended me, until recently, because of the 1.10 update where you added some new features into spire, i had to upgrade my personal DLL file, the problem is just, now i have the issue again, let me try to explain the issue once again :)

Lets say that i want to make an automation clip on the filter cutoff, when i start to eddit the automation clip it all works perfectly fine, however if i afterwards try to launch spire again after and only (after) i eddited the automation clip, it shuts down my sequencer, and i can see on my procces explorer that (ilbridge) dosent react/answer.
Btw, this happens no matter what i decide to automate in spire, as soon as i edit the automation clip, spire will shut down, no matter how long time i wait, time dosent matter, i can even work with alot of other plugins after i worked with a automation clip, and still open spire and it will shut down my whole sequencer, and a lost project file.

Well, that was my first issue.

My second issue, when i have been working on a track for a long time, dosent have to be more than and hour or 2, at some point if i decide to mouse over a knop, or even just move the mouse into the spire frame meanwhile it is playing some midi notes, it decides to freeze for about 30 - 60 secs.
This issue might have something to do with the other issue i have, because loading the personal old DLL file, this will never happen.
Also to point out this most likely happens if i use presets in spire, havent tried this at all with my own init banks, could this be because im trying to load banks from an older version ?
Note: I am using the soundbanks from the newest version folder.

My third issue, is just a minor one, if i decide to use the matrix, setting the source from OSC1 to OSC CtrlB, it starts to make crackling noise, like pops and clicks, (dosent happen on the other OSC's), it only happens if you try to modulate anything from (OSC1 AMP) to any of the other OSC 2 3 4 CtrlB's.
If you try to matrix any of the other 2 3 4 OSC's AMPS, this never happens.

In order to fix all those issues, i updated all my sound drivers, even updated to a newer version of fl studio, tried with a different sound card, even tried without the asio4all driver.
No matter what, its not possiple for me to fix these issues, even tho i tried to figure out how and when they happen, this is not something i think is my fault atleast.
Also to point out, i dont have any issues with any other pluggins at all, this is my first time i actually cant fix a issue with a synth, and i have been working with music for more than 6 years now.

Also, after my opinion, this is one of the best best sounding trance/progressive synthesizers i ever tried, not to mention how easy you can make your own kick drum samples with the easy OSC phasing system, and with the new features in 1.10 you might be aple to make some phat filthy basses ?

Regards: Troels Henriksen

Hi

I am finding Spire totally useless on LPX. It sounds superb but after a while it just crashes Logic and makes the project corrupt so it can not be open again without crashing... Very annoying considering I bought Spire when it first came out. Hope the developer can help.

Disregard

I've been testing the demo of Spire v1.0.13 in Logic X 10.0.6 on my Mac Pro 10.8.5.

It sounds great and seems to be a very nice, easily programmed synth. However, when I do a MIDI learn to assign external midi control to the Spire (cutoff for example), the settings are not saved. Whenever I reload my project Spire has forgotten all midi controls that I've taught it.

Is this a limitation of the demo version, or is it a bug in Logic X? I don't know where the midi learn assignments are saved, I presume they are saved in some file somewhere? If someone can shed some light on this, I'd be grateful. I'm hesitant to buy Spire unless I know this will work properly.

Hello there!
Found a little problem in version 1.0.15: when i enable compressor - I hear the click in the sound :(
Testing continues:-)

im getting this problem here with 1.0.15

im running Spire in savihost to make some presets for me - easy cpu saving setup for me.
this is the x64 version of spire in savihost 1.42 x64.
im on windows 7 x64 SP1.
the problem comes after opening for 5 seconds and when you click ok, savihost will exit.

Same here. x-Comp give serious spikes on the meter. Can't here 'm though......

Return to “Reveal Sound”