PRODUCTS

Ameyah Audio wrote:
frag wrote:Multi-thread support
Patch browser
Spire standalone
Spire FX
Audio input
Custom wave import

SYNC/RESET ON KEY STROKE for Unison Oscs, to make tighter unison basses!

Type-in value for each parameter... It's a must.

I hope v1.1 will be multi-threaded. I can use Spire now without any issues on i7 CPU, but for example, I've just made a huge unison pad which beats Access Virus on almost every level, however, if I use all 16 voices ASIO hits 100%. Could be down to 30% on 8-threads Intel i7.
you can upload a sound demo?
never tried if its actual using all cores with one spire instance. :ud:

waiting for the huge 1.1 version with the better cpu usage.
Here's the pad, really massive, lush sound:

http://picosong.com/e7jC/

On my i7 with full polyphony it consumes almost entire ASIO buffer. This is why we need Spire multithread. But of course, in real-life situation, would I even try to mix this pad? Not many elements can be added to it.

Now, in my opinion, filter resonance does not sound pleasant enough on Spire, though changing from Perfecto LP4 to Scorpio Black LP4 on this pad helped a bit for resonant sound. Maybe developers could work out an even better sounding filter, call it "Superbo", whatever.

In this area, Virus still rules... High resonance can still sound very pleasant and exciting on a Virus.

Regarding the resonance, I discussed it in a separate thread...

"SYNC/RESET ON KEY STROKE for Unison Oscs, to make tighter unison basses!" - this was silly, everything is resolved with the Phase knob.

Was playing around with the demo, one thing that could be improved in my view is the orange lights for ENVs, LFOs, STPs, ARP as well as for the five effect tabs.
I think the features that are actually on/active/being used should have the orange light on (or maybe even a green light if you want to use the orange one for display selection). The broad arrows already show which ENV tab etc. is currently being displayed in detail. That is not the case for the 5 effects tabs, where for whatever reason you did not use the arrow that shows which tap is being displayed.
Would be better if one could click on each LED repeatedly to turn the tap function on and off (in the effects section you already have it, being called mute).

frag wrote:
Ameyah Audio wrote:
frag wrote:Multi-thread support
Patch browser
Spire standalone
Spire FX
Audio input
Custom wave import

SYNC/RESET ON KEY STROKE for Unison Oscs, to make tighter unison basses!

Type-in value for each parameter... It's a must.

I hope v1.1 will be multi-threaded. I can use Spire now without any issues on i7 CPU, but for example, I've just made a huge unison pad which beats Access Virus on almost every level, however, if I use all 16 voices ASIO hits 100%. Could be down to 30% on 8-threads Intel i7.
you can upload a sound demo?
never tried if its actual using all cores with one spire instance. :ud:

waiting for the huge 1.1 version with the better cpu usage.
Here's the pad, really massive, lush sound:

http://picosong.com/e7jC/

On my i7 with full polyphony it consumes almost entire ASIO buffer. This is why we need Spire multithread. But of course, in real-life situation, would I even try to mix this pad? Not many elements can be added to it.

Now, in my opinion, filter resonance does not sound pleasant enough on Spire, though changing from Perfecto LP4 to Scorpio Black LP4 on this pad helped a bit for resonant sound. Maybe developers could work out an even better sounding filter, call it "Superbo", whatever.

In this area, Virus still rules... High resonance can still sound very pleasant and exciting on a Virus.
breath taking! well done phat supersaw.

i agree on the resonance i noticed the same playing with, the base sound is really clear and powerful, but i do miss too there some really strong not to write sharp egdy (almost metallic) sounding upper High, well i never owned a virus, um judging only from the samples i heard over years from friend who own virus synths.

well we see if they can solve this.

I would love to see the option to change the envelope shapes from logarithmic to linear.

Thanks

Ameyah Audio wrote: i agree on the resonance i noticed the same playing with, the base sound is really clear and powerful, but i do miss too there some really strong not to write sharp egdy (almost metallic) sounding upper High, well i never owned a virus, um judging only from the samples i heard over years from friend who own virus synths.

well we see if they can solve this.
Still, as I posted in a separate thread http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=248 amazing resonant sounds can be made by dual filtering. No need to worry about this.

Although I tend to compare Spire to hardware synths, I honestly find it a unique machine which is not an emulation of anything. He has a soul of its own, a character. Logic users enjoyed ES2, a lot of great music has been made on ES2, and now VST users can enjoy Spire. In my opinion, Sylenth1 or Zebra do not possess such sonic quality nor such friendly GUI.

I'm running 3820 now, and in realistic arrangements I do not have problems with Spire CPU/ASIO usage. However, I am impatient to install Spire multi-thread. That would definitely make Spire the Sylenth1 of new gen CPUs. The native DAW Virus! And if I upgrade to 4930K, which is a good investment, particularly if I find it second-hand not-more-than-a-year old... Oh yes!

Spire REVEALS.

almondcazvind wrote:I would love to see the option to change the envelope shapes from logarithmic to linear.

Thanks
Forgive me if I didn't understand your post correctly, but just in case you didn't know, it's possible to click on the envelopes and the shapes of the envelope will change, so you can have logarithmic and linear shapes.
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Yes thanks Solidtrax, I contacted the support team and they told me that ;)

Nothing major, but would be nice to be able to move the Bank folder for patches to a location of choice. Thanks.
alex-shore.com
Producer / Composer / Sound Design

A resizable GUI would be nice. I find the GUI a bit small to work with.

solidtrax wrote:
almondcazvind wrote:I would love to see the option to change the envelope shapes from logarithmic to linear.

Thanks
Forgive me if I didn't understand your post correctly, but just in case you didn't know, it's possible to click on the envelopes and the shapes of the envelope will change, so you can have logarithmic and linear shapes.
:love: didnt know this, thanks for pointing out.

A 'smooth' option added to the matrix - in example for use when modulating OSC Volume with a Stepper to remove audible clicks.
Fight Apathy or don't.

If it hasn't already been mentioned, I'd like to see the modulation source be right clickable from the relevant control, so for example I could right click the filter resonance and be given the relevant modulation options. Once clicked the next available modulation slot would be automatically populated.

Absolutely loving the sound of this synth!

Here are some more feature requests:

- An extended ARP to 32 steps
- Assignable Macro / Performance knob page
- An option to switch LFOs between Loop & 'One Shot' modes.
- 'Note On' & 'Note Off' modulation sources.
- An 'Alternate' mode for the Steppers so the stepper moves forward one step each time a new note is pressed.
Fight Apathy or don't.

True to its name, I've found this to be an inspiring synth. For some reason, I'm drawn to it for synthesis tasks. And it seldom disappoints.

So the core product is good. More than that - it seems to have that ineffable special something. But of course, there's always room for improvement. Some things that I've found include:

- Multiple pages of steps would be good for both the arp and the steppers.
- I agree that a 'smooth' control for the stepper would be useful. Currently I need to double the speed and use twice as many steps to allow curves leading to hard corners, but this obviously burns half the available steps - and they're already quite limited.
- An effect matrix - allowing multiple chains of assignable effects. (I accept that this would be tricky given the current method for assigning modulation destinations)
- Filters as effects.
- I'd also like a filter drive.
- The ability to dial in more volume for quiet patches. Boost is useful, but sometimes not quite enough.
- A would also like assignable performance knobs.
- The ability to detach the arp from selected oscillators.

More as I use the synth more.

Return to “Reveal Sound”