Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Carpenter
KVRist

125 posts since 19 Jun, 2011

Postby Carpenter; Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:58 am How To Load Third Party Patches Into Kontakt?

I purchased a loop/sample library that has a collection of patches for Kontakt, but there is no proper installer. All the install directions tell me is that I can put the patches anywhere on my hard drive. What I can't figure out is how to actually get the patches/library into Kontakt to actually use them. I've tried to simply navigate to the folder containing the patches on my desktop, but no matter what patch I pick, I get a "content missing" pop up in Kontakt.

How do I load third party libraries like this in Kontakt?

Thanks.
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

26064 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:01 am Re: How To Load Third Party Patches Into Kontakt?

Usually when Kontakt tells you there's missing wave files etc, it prompts you to tell it where they are.

"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
Carpenter
KVRist

125 posts since 19 Jun, 2011

Postby Carpenter; Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:08 am Re: How To Load Third Party Patches Into Kontakt?

So I have to go through this searching dialogue routine for every single patch in the library until each one is found? Isn't there a proper way of loading third party libraries where I no longer even get such a pop up message?
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

26064 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:19 am Re: How To Load Third Party Patches Into Kontakt?

Carpenter wrote:So I have to go through this searching dialogue routine for every single patch in the library until each one is found? Isn't there a proper way of loading third party libraries where I no longer even get such a pop up message?

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... h-re-save-
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
aMUSEd
KVRAF

29541 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:26 am Re: How To Load Third Party Patches Into Kontakt?

Shouldn't be being needed all the time though, makes me wonder if the sample libraries are being put in the wrong folder structure? Generally when I install a new third party library they are all saved with paths that stand up to being on a different system as long as folders in in the right position relative to each other still.
Gamma-UT
KVRAF

4251 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:41 am Re: How To Load Third Party Patches Into Kontakt?

Most Kontakt sample libraries assume the samples are in a folder that's parallel to the instrument .nks files. If you're loading patches from a folder on the desktop, the instrument will expect them to be in something like /Desktop/[Whatever Library]/Samples if the patches are in /Desktop/[Whatever Library]/Instruments. Normally, even multiformat loop libraries like those from Zero-G have them placed together, so maybe you've separated them for some reason?

You can either place the folder with the instruments so that it sits alongside the actual sample folder; use Batch Resave to identify the sample folder once for that collection of instruments and then have Kontakt resave the individual instruments (I'd move to it wherever you really want it first or you'll have to do it all over again later); or use a symbolic link or junction point to make a virtual copy of the sample folder so that it has the right relationship to the instrument files.
superscan
KVRist

204 posts since 1 Aug, 2013, from USA

Postby superscan; Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:33 pm Re: How To Load Third Party Patches Into Kontakt?

I think what you're asking is to use the "Quick Load" feature. 3rd Party developers have two choices with Kontakt. They can license it (which does the installer, encryption, and a serial number from NI) or create the same files, but you have to manually point to it.

https://youtu.be/ZtON7YKor5Y
aMUSEd
KVRAF

29541 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:22 pm Re: How To Load Third Party Patches Into Kontakt?

No that wouldn't make a difference in this case

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Soundware