Ultra Analog Soundbank - RELEASED - Nec Plus Ultra :) - Soon Available in UA V2 format :)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok can confirm this is a preset switching issue..no wonder they sold it cheap..buggy as f**k :x however it does'nt matter how i select a preset it will crash and white out the UI regardless...screenshot below :x

I'll try UA in Presonus Studio One and see what happens there.

Rob

Bought it. Looking forward to it. Also looking forward to your Alchemy bank. Your bank and Xenos' ones have revitalized Ultra Analog.

dacaumodo wrote:I finally had the time to play around with these soundsets yestderday. They're yummy! Can't wait to dig deeper.

I like how the sounds are "meaty" and usable, rather than "flashy". Really makes this synth reveal its possibilities.

Well done guys.
Arglebargle wrote:Bought it. Looking forward to it. Also looking forward to your Alchemy bank. Your bank and Xenos' ones have revitalized Ultra Analog.

Many thanks Dacaumodo and Arglebargle for your kind comments :hug:

Mr Vim Yeah cant wait for the time when I can hear some of our instruments included into your classy fUnky tracks :)

The Alchemy Soundbank is on its way. There are only administrative ( Manual, Finishing and organising the demos, and also integration and installation of the instruments to try to be compliant with CA future updates like the search tool aso ) tasks left to do :oops: . But in this case they take a lot of time :o :-o

Else to Rob : In the other thread Eric has promised that the updates for UA1 concerning the preset brwosing random bug (and in your case random seems to be at a big bad ratio :? ) will soon be fixed as they're working hard on it and currently testing it if I understood him well.

Then finally, a new Audio Demo in an awsome Nrg and pushy vibe will hopefully soon be available. Listening to the draft version I was one more time amazed and impressed by what talented people can do with our instruments : It will hopefully probably strongly reinforce the perception of increased versatily ot the instruments people will have listening to all the audio demos !

LtZ
Last edited by Lotuzia on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

The crashing will make no difference to the audio demo as it will now be done in Presonus Studio One :) It's definatley a preset switching problem in Sonar.
If need be i will just record the riffs/bounce down/export instead of having 10 instances open and using the usual program change method..may take more time but not too long..will be worth the extra 2-3 day wait :)
will be starting the sound demos friday night after ACE presets final submission to Urs :)

Cheers

Rob

Ordered & looking forward to getting my link. :)
A well-behaved signature.

rob_lee wrote:The crashing will make no difference to the audio demo as it will now be done in Presonus Studio One :) It's definatley a preset switching problem in Sonar.
If need be i will just record the riffs/bounce down/export instead of having 10 instances open and using the usual program change method..may take more time but not too long..will be worth the extra 2-3 day wait :)
will be starting the sound demos friday night after ACE presets final submission to Urs :)

Cheers

Rob
Hi Rob,

Hmm so it seems to be in a way an host related problem if it does work better in One than in Live. The most tricky to fix for devs.

Anyway glad you found a host wich allows you to make music with UA1 in a not too harrassing way ! :)

Off Topic : Thats exactly the way I'm doing demos myself (ie Export/rendering) : I render a soundclip just after I have recorded it. The main advantage is that you're never tempted to work on it again imho, and to go directly from the step "clip to do" to the "done" one. Then its also more handy -imho- to make the big audio demos based on clips cos you just have two stereo audios tracks and can move the clips very quickly and easily.

Cant wait to hear the results ROb :wheee: :)

LtZ

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

JerGoertz wrote:Ordered & looking forward to getting my link. :)
Hi JerGoertz,

Thanks for joining :)

I just sent the banks to your -Msn- email box :)

Should be there ( Sometimes its worth checking the Spambox if they ain't there :D )

LtZ

demos sound great. just ordered, waiting for the link in my email. thanks for the heads up.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

michael2 wrote:demos sound great. just ordered, waiting for the link in my email. thanks for the heads up.
Hi Michael,

Yeah Thanks for your kind comments on the demos. Hope you'll like the instruments as well :)

Just emailed you the banks. Please let us know if you received it. Sometimes we have problems with scbglobal email boxes for delivery. Thanks :)

A miracle I was still awake its nearly 2AM in France :)

LtZ

Lotuzia wrote:
michael2 wrote:demos sound great. just ordered, waiting for the link in my email. thanks for the heads up.
Hi Michael,

Yeah Thanks for your kind comments on the demos. Hope you'll like the instruments as well :)

Just emailed you the banks. Please let us know if you received it. Sometimes we have problems with scbglobal email boxes for delivery. Thanks :)

A miracle I was still awake its nearly 2AM in France :)

LtZ
the french have great coffee, good thing for ma as I am now playing with my new sounds. really great job with these, thanks for the fast response. any chance of an XILS3 set coming?
my blog and some music:

michael2 wrote: really great job with these, thanks for the fast response. any chance of an XILS3 set coming?
Seconded! :wink: These are really good presets, that do a lot to revive a synth I'd put aside last year. And XILS3 needs help!

=fn<x>
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

so I love the sounds; question though:
what are the duplications of the sounds all about? if you look at this picture you can see that the sounds with the blue "knob" work. above pretty much everyone one of them is a duplicate in dark gray that doesn't do anything (except make the list really long). I highlighted one of the non-working dark gray ones:

my blog and some music:

They are midi settings specific for each sound (assignements for the MW, aftertouch, etc). There is a pdf tutorial on the matter in the zip that Lotuzia sent to you.

michael2 wrote:
the french have great coffee, good thing for ma as I am now playing with my new sounds. really great job with these, thanks for the fast response. any chance of an XILS3 set coming?
funkychickendance wrote: These are really good presets, that do a lot to revive a synth I'd put aside last year. And XILS3 needs help!

=fn<x>
Yeah Glad you got them Michael, and thanks for the compliment. Deeply appreciated :). And thanks to FunkyChickenDance too. Glad you liked them :) ( I know of a certain company whose home page states : A new bank is a new synth. Could they possibly be right ? :wink: )

Else XILS3 : The decision will probably be taken before the end of the year, and we focus on this synth. But I cant confirm anything yet. :shrug: I'll have to test it thouroughly before taking any decision, and atm I'm preparing the release of the Alchemy soundset. So all this is a bit delayed sorry for that.
michael2 wrote:so I love the sounds; question though:
what are the duplications of the sounds all about? if you look at this picture you can see that the sounds with the blue "knob" work. above pretty much everyone one of them is a duplicate in dark gray that doesn't do anything (except make the list really long). I highlighted one of the non-working dark gray ones:

standalone wrote:They are midi settings specific for each sound (assignements for the MW, aftertouch, etc). There is a pdf tutorial on the matter in the zip that Lotuzia sent to you.
So thanks to StandAlone who was faster than me :tu:

I'll try add a bit more details on this matter, but you'll also find a complete tutorial about making/customising your own "intelligent" MidiLinks in our PDF manual/Helpware, wich ships with the banks.

Yes basically MidiLinks (the one with the Midi black symbol) are a way to add/enhance realtime expression possibilities, realtime "automation" and playability for our UA1 instruments (ie Sweeps, Tremoloe, Vibrato, Filters, more than all that, aso)

In UA1 first choose an instrument you like ( the ones with the standard blue gain knob), and then, if this instrument has a MidiLink associated, just load it by dblclicking on the MidiLink : The possible controlers used are : Mod Wheel, Breath Controler (cc2), Foot Controler (cc4), and Aftertouch. We strongly encourage you to then test the Mod Wheel and other controlers real time action :)

I was very surprised that AAS didnt provide any MidiLinks in their factory library. So we might be the first ones to propose a bunch of them. MidiLinks are areally one of the keys to fully expressive presets in Ultra Analog.

We provided more than 120 distinct MidiLinks, and you can also use a MidiLink with instruments that were not primary intended for it. This way you can have very good, or ..... less good :hihi: , surprises :)

Hope this will clarify a few things :)

LtZ

michael2 wrote:so I love the sounds; question though:

standalone wrote:They are midi settings specific for each sound (assignements for the MW, aftertouch, etc). There is a pdf tutorial on the matter in the zip that Lotuzia sent to you.
So thanks to StandAlone who was faster than me :tu:

I'll try add a bit more details on this matter, but you'll also find a complete tutorial about making/customising your own "intelligent" MidiLinks in our PDF manual/Helpware, wich ships with the banks.

Yes basically MidiLinks (the one with the Midi black symbol) are a way to add/enhance realtime expression possibilities, realtime "automation" and playability for our UA1 instruments (ie Sweeps, Tremoloe, Vibrato, Filters, more than all that, aso)

In UA1 first choose an instrument you like ( the ones with the standard blue gain knob), and then, if this instrument has a MidiLink associated, just load it by dblclicking on the MidiLink : The possible controlers used are : Mod Wheel, Breath Controler (cc2), Foot Controler (cc4), and Aftertouch. We strongly encourage you to then test the Mod Wheel and other controlers real time action :)

I was very surprised that AAS didnt provide any MidiLinks in their factory library. So we might be the first ones to propose a bunch of them. MidiLinks are areally one of the keys to fully expressive presets in Ultra Analog.

We provided more than 120 distinct MidiLinks, and you can also use a MidiLink with instruments that were not primary intended for it. This way you can have very good, or ..... less good :hihi: , surprises :)

Hope this will clarify a few things :)

LtZ[/quote]

great, thanks a bunch standalone and Lotuzia. usually automate within Logic, but this could be useful.
my blog and some music:

Return to “Soundware”