Synth1 - Mr Wobble now Zenified

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

Really enjoyed the pads and the arps (one of them made me lol). Good stuff!

VSTJuNkiE wrote:it would be FANTASTIC if we could get everybody who has made banks for Synth1 to go through and tweak the old presets to take advantage of all the new features!
You might find, as I did, that a lot of patches created before the revision that added the sub oscillator (and also reversed the saws and changed FM somehow) sound quite different in newer revisions, and can't be tweaked back into shape. Patches that use any combination of FM, RM and sync are affected.

I discarded a load of my old patches for this reason (including my favourite FM piano, which I still can't replicate in 1.12 :cry: ).

Thanks for the kind words everybody - I really wasn't expecting such a reaction. :)

And the pads are some of my favourites too (as they should be, considering how long they took to get into shape), but no love for any of the others? I thought some of the physical models and semi-real patches weren't too shabby? I guess most people just like their synths to sound synthetic? :?

hakey wrote:I thought some of the physical models and semi-real patches weren't too shabby?
There's a piano patch in there that is totally awesome, almost as good as the ESQ-1 piano sound and that uses a sampled piano waveform.

I'm impressed by the overall quality of your patches :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

thanks

<3

hakey wrote:You might find, as I did, that a lot of patches created before the revision that added the sub oscillator (and also reversed the saws and changed FM somehow) sound quite different in newer revisions, and can't be tweaked back into shape. Patches that use any combination of FM, RM and sync are affected.
Ah, okay. Well, that's poopy.......... :?
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

crimsonwarlock wrote:There's a piano patch in there that is totally awesome
Thanks! That's just about my best accidental Synth1 discovery 8) - I was trying to make a guitar at the time (IIRC 6 String came from the same patch).

It's far from perfect, but, with pianos being notoriously hard to emulate in synths, I was pretty chuffed to get something that sounds and behaves more-or-less recognizably piano-like.

there is a preset that is very similar to Kitaro's lead from Silk Road, a very expressive sound, 81:voc soprano

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ulc51ZOGQk
Great work, thanks for this incredible bank of sounds

herboriseria wrote:there is a preset that is very similar to Kitaro's lead from Silk Road, a very expressive sound, 81:voc soprano

(though it's not a copy - I was going for something closer to the sung part of the Star Trek theme - another of Howard's Zebra patches, HS Tonto Sings, I think it's called, was a bit of an influence on that one.)

Thanks hakey, the bank is very good... quality sounds there.
Fig Newton: The force required to accelerate a fig 39.37 inches per sec.

@ Everyone who left the nice comments - I've just compiled a mini patchbank from some bits and pieces I had left over. 30+ patches - half pads, the rest odds and sods. A couple of interesting sounds amongst them (least ways, I think they're okay):

[EDIT: The Addendum got swallowed up in Vol 2 - see page 4 of this thread]

The other 350 freeloaders who dl'd but couldn't be bothered to comment can kiss my hairy etc... :x :P :hihi:
Last edited by hakey on Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hurrying to show appreciation before forced to ugly deeds... :D

Nah kidding, some more top pads in the addendum there. Cheers :)

Thanks hakey! Excellent work.

Will download and try tonight. Going from the quality of your previous bank this one will be a keeper as well (... and I'm addicted to pads) :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Love the bank(s)!

Return to “Soundware”