A small "Waveterm" for Terratec Komplexer (and other products)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow! Thank you for the VAZ modular updates! That's going to be awesome! :D
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

blacktomcat666 wrote:By the way, I'm working on a new function especially for the VAZ Modular/2010 crossfade wavetable osc. This will turn up to 90 seconds of sound into a complex sounding, scanable wavetable - avoiding phasing, buzzing and other artifacts you get if you try this with normal audio data. A first basic version will be included in one of the next updates.
:wheee: Will we have any choice for how many "waves" for that wavetable? Really looking forward to this. :tu:

V-GER wrote:
blacktomcat666 wrote:By the way, I'm working on a new function especially for the VAZ Modular/2010 crossfade wavetable osc. This will turn up to 90 seconds of sound into a complex sounding, scanable wavetable - avoiding phasing, buzzing and other artifacts you get if you try this with normal audio data. A first basic version will be included in one of the next updates.
:wheee: Will we have any choice for how many "waves" for that wavetable? Really looking forward to this. :tu:
At the moment I'm only testing the algorithms with 33 slots, each slot around 2 seconds. I know that this is a strong limitation, but I have to keep it usable. The more slots, the larger the amount of data and the slower the program. And the more difficult to access and view sound details (at least with this old school interface :D). But I still have to do much testing and programming to find out what works and what's possible...

Here's an example: The first 20 seconds of this track recomputed as wavetable (it's a simple four note sequence using 10 of 33 slots, scanning from slot 0 to 9 and then back from 9 to 0) :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/z1m ... Loop01.mp3

The use of this feature depends on the material, but it might be great for scanning soundscapes and works best with noisy or complex material. This will only work with the later versions of VAZ products (those which have the crossfade option in the wavetable osc).

Here are some example wavetable files for VAZ Modular/2010:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/3bx789ajf5t601 ... tables.zip

Each file consists of 33 slots with 131072 samples per slot. They were created as test file dumps (what means the analyzer stage is by far not finished and there's still much work to do).

Don't forget to enable the "crossfade" option when loading the wavetables. Otherwise they won't work.

is there a manual yet, I have no idea how it works....ive read the .pdf that comes with it, but its not as manual

cheers

Does it create waveforms from scratch, or only from samples. Cant watch vids at the moment.

from samples

ok, not what im looking for then. Thanks

Kriminal wrote:Does it create waveforms from scratch, or only from samples. Cant watch vids at the moment.
The K-Term mode makes a wavetable consisting of up to 33 waveforms. You can handdraw them one by one. You can also envelope the up to 64 partials individually as you want each of them to progress concerning volume and phase through those up to 33 waves. And offcourse those two techniques can be combined.

Finally was able to figure out how to create a wavetable with this.

In the past i had created tons of my own single cycles (e.g. with DNR Wave Designer) and now able to use them with this.
Just created a wavetable for PPG waveGenerator and it seems to work (when the file is copied into the "user" sub-folder of the Wavegenerator data folders).

Also saved in a few oter formats.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I cant find the dwonload link in this thread!

My installed version doesnt want to update itself anymore
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:I cant find the dwonload link in this thread!

http://dl.dropbox.com/s/1y0d88ts8zy1um7/Audio-Term.zip
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

PietW. wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:I cant find the dwonload link in this thread!

http://dl.dropbox.com/s/1y0d88ts8zy1um7/Audio-Term.zip
Apprectiated :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Here's another audio example using the new wavetable algorithm i'm working on (using a 12 - second - snippet from TD - Logos). This example is very simple: a single note with an LFO modulating the scanning position while the lfo speed is decreased.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/cm4wsrzr5bwkw5 ... formed.mp3

You may notice that this now also works with stereo wavetables - as far as I know VAZ Modular is the only product which is capable of doing this type of wavetables.

There's still much code to write, so it will take some further weeks until the next version of Audio-Term can be released.

Return to “Soundware”