A small "Waveterm" for Terratec Komplexer (and other products)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

abstractcats wrote:Is there a "scalable version"? W7 is cutting off the bottom. I've tried adjusting the settings in W7 and in the software for my NVIDIA 8400 GS card but it wont adjust to fit on the screen :( I'm using a 32" flat TY/monitor.
Thanks.
Version 1.5 is not finished yet, but you can obtain a beta version for testing here:

http://home.arcor.de/blacktomcat666/Kom ... 5_BETA.zip

It's still not scalable, but now there's a kind of fullscreen mode ("resize" button). This is not a smart solution and this mode is scheduled for the light pen mode, but it could work. On all of my 6 computers it works well, but I only have WIN XP for testing.

The included manual is still for 1.4 and for the changes look at the readme.txt. V1.5 will be finished soon.

blacktomcat666 wrote:
abstractcats wrote:Is there a "scalable version"? W7 is cutting off the bottom. I've tried adjusting the settings in W7 and in the software for my NVIDIA 8400 GS card but it wont adjust to fit on the screen :( I'm using a 32" flat TY/monitor.
Thanks.
Version 1.5 is not finished yet, but you can obtain a beta version for testing here:

http://home.arcor.de/blacktomcat666/Kom ... 5_BETA.zip

It's still not scalable, but now there's a kind of fullscreen mode ("resize" button). This is not a smart solution and this mode is scheduled for the light pen mode, but it could work. On all of my 6 computers it works well, but I only have WIN XP for testing.

The included manual is still for 1.4 and for the changes look at the readme.txt. V1.5 will be finished soon.
Just ran it, guess what..... :( ................... IT WORKS! :D :D Thanks!

there is just enough of the bottom menu poking it's head above the task bar to click the "fullscreen" mode and viola! My screen is full of that beauty full classic green! And every thing seems to be working as it should. I love the green, when I was in high school in Evansville IND. in about 83' the library had the computers with the light pens, very fun. I'll let you know what I find as I get into Komplex-Term :)

Here's v1.5: http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/11/26 ... x-Term.zip

The manual is still for 1.4 (sorry, I have little time at the moment), but will be updated asap. See readme.txt for the most important changes (resynthesis now much faster, envelope drawing page added, "Page D" like wavetable visualisation added, reads now 32 bit files, fullscreen mode, new color scheme for better light pen support... ok, probably I'm the only one who uses K-Term with a light pen :D).

PietW. wrote:You can also create very good wavetables for Alchemy. Save the wavetable as WAV and import into Alchemy as Aditive. With the position controller you can morph through these wavetable. Stretch slider to zero.
i have to try this !
thanks a lot

There's still a bug in the header of the rendered file. I'll fix that the next days. Workaraound: Import the wave as raw big endian float (IEEE float) with a 44 byte header offset in a sample editor. Set loop length to 256 samples and save. This should work. Sorry for that. :(

I decided to maintain 16 bit rendering, because the changed header chunks and settings for IEEE float dont't work on some programs... :? . But reading 32 bit float files is still possible.

Link is still: http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/11/26 ... x-Term.zip

Some further screenshots of v1.5:

envelope editor:

new wave display mode:

color scheme for light pen usage:

This looks very interesting. I'm curious to see how this might work for the sample memory in the Blofeld, or generating wavetables to burn for my Harvestman Piston Honda. Hmm...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

It could work, I don't know. K-Term is primarily designed for the Komplexer, what means a restriction to sine wave synthesis, 33 wavetable entries and so on. Rendering is only a "byproduct" and I use the rendered tables for wavescanning in wusik station and someone told me that he uses them (after conversion) in an Ensoniq ASR10.

K-Term will be bundled with two other resynthesis tools (stereo convolution and an ensoniq - like "synthesize loop" generator for drones ), that's what I'll be working on the next weeks.

Thank you for the update. The analysis has become much faster. It's great fun to work with Komplex-Term. :tu:

I wonder if I can get some pre-made or built-in wavetables from those hardware so I can export and use it in VAZ? Are there any archives or websites for this?
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

Hi blacktomcat666,

A (hopefully easy) change which would make exported wave files work better with VAZ would be to write a root note into the wave file. This would be a fixed value given the single cycle waves are always the same length? I can dig out the spec for this if you need it?

btw the help file comment about VAZ not being able to handle long wavetables isn't (at least any longer) accurate, I've just tried a 1024 wave file which has worked fine...

Martin

poonna wrote:I wonder if I can get some pre-made or built-in wavetables from those hardware so I can export and use it in VAZ? Are there any archives or websites for this?
Look here! This could also be useful with other stuff on the first page...

Martin

blacktomcat666 wrote:new wave display mode:

wow. 8)
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

MadGav wrote:Hi blacktomcat666,

A (hopefully easy) change which would make exported wave files work better with VAZ would be to write a root note into the wave file. This would be a fixed value given the single cycle waves are always the same length? I can dig out the spec for this if you need it?

btw the help file comment about VAZ not being able to handle long wavetables isn't (at least any longer) accurate, I've just tried a 1024 wave file which has worked fine...

Martin
I have to add a further chunk which includes note data. That's not difficult,I have to find out the correct pitch settings and which chunk type can be used. Unfortunately I can't continue programming until tuesday, but I put your suggestion on top of the (very long) list.

blacktomcat666 wrote:I have to add a further chunk which includes note data. That's not difficult,I have to find out the correct pitch settings and which chunk type can be used. Unfortunately I can't continue programming until tuesday, but I put your suggestion on top of the (very long) list.
The root note is defined by a couple of fields in the smpl chunk which you already support for the loop. This WAVE spec describes it, one DWORD for the MIDI note and a further DWORD as a fraction of a semitone above that. The values I needed to match tuning with the VAZ oscillators was:
MIDI Unity Note = 65
MIDI Pitch Fraction = 0.766 (3289944948 or 0xC4189374)

There is *also* an inst chunk mentioned in that spec (which VAZ doesn't support btw) defining another way to specify MIDI note and also some sample mapping parameters. I suppose some software will require this in addition to the smpl chunk.

Martin

Return to “Soundware”