A small "Waveterm" for Terratec Komplexer (and other products)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's a small demonstration video of some new features, which will be available the next weeks: First a sample is looped and "stereofied" and then multiplicated with a drum loop. Computing the sounds is very slow because of the ressource consumption of the video capturing software.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qX8HIyCMBc

Here's another example from one of my tracks: The ending is looped and then multiplicated with the intro of another track.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/11/26 ... m_test.mp3

The examples above are some early results, it's not finished yet.

Very impressive. I'm looking forward to the new version.

That's really impressive! Thanks for sharing this. The loop generation sounds pretty smooth. I tried all sorts of things to create infinite sustain drum or other hits, mainly x-fade loops or convolving with white noise and then x-fading with the original attack. They were all pretty artifacty, unlike this :)
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:That's really impressive! Thanks for sharing this. The loop generation sounds pretty smooth. I tried all sorts of things to create infinite sustain drum or other hits, mainly x-fade loops or convolving with white noise and then x-fading with the original attack. They were all pretty artifacty, unlike this :)
And you can make a Lot of great Wavetables to play in Komplexer. Mathias told me he post a big Update in the next Weeks.

PietW. wrote:Take a look at this. It could be that it Waveterm B (WTB) or Waveterm A (wta)
http://www.hermannseib.com/english/synt ... ibrary.htm
Such .WTB files should be Waveterm B image files and are also included with the Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V (the complete Waveterm B sample library) and could be imported there. Those should be samples (or "transients" as those are called in the PPG) and no wavetables.
Anyway it's also possible that they work with the Waldorf Wave like mentioned above. Maybe those files could be checked with the evaluation version of PPG Wave 3.V (or the full version if available).

Those who want to create wavetables for the Blofeld could check this free wavetable editor (Blofeld OS v1.15 needed for this):
http://lady.rdsor.ro/~kotro/index.php?m=soft
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM40NOQ4MEE

Of course you could also import a WAV file into the Blofeld.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

PietW. wrote:
Sendy wrote:That's really impressive! Thanks for sharing this. The loop generation sounds pretty smooth. I tried all sorts of things to create infinite sustain drum or other hits, mainly x-fade loops or convolving with white noise and then x-fading with the original attack. They were all pretty artifacty, unlike this :)
And you can make a Lot of great Wavetables to play in Komplexer. Mathias told me he post a big Update in the next Weeks.
That's right, the wavetable generator / resynthesizer will also be included in the next version called "Audio Term". And the wavetables can be rendered to WAV and then can be used with other products like Wusikstation or the VAZ Modular. That's the reason for changing the product name and adding some "non-komplexer" features like the loop synth and the convolution features.

Ingonator wrote:
PietW. wrote:Take a look at this. It could be that it Waveterm B (WTB) or Waveterm A (wta)
http://www.hermannseib.com/english/synt ... ibrary.htm
Such .WTB files should be Waveterm B image files and are also included with the Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V (the complete Waveterm B sample library) and could be imported there. Those should be samples (or "transients" as those are called in the PPG) and no wavetables.
Anyway it's also possible that they work with the Waldorf Wave like mentioned above. Maybe those files could be checked with the evaluation version of PPG Wave 3.V (or the full version if available).

Those who want to create wavetables for the Blofeld could check this free wavetable editor (Blofeld OS v1.15 needed for this):
http://lady.rdsor.ro/~kotro/index.php?m=soft
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM40NOQ4MEE

Of course you could also import a WAV file into the Blofeld.

Ingo
An editor would have to come from the Waldorf. A shame.
The editor of Mathias is much better and has much more features. You can import everything. The Blofeldeditor want 32bit Waves.
The 3.V is such a crap. How can I write a PPG emulation without Waveterm? Incomprehensible. I am so glad that Mathias his program has developed so far that I can make sounds with Komplexer that would make the 3.V.

Audio-Term V1.0:

http://home.arcor.de/blacktomcat666/Audio-Term.zip

There's no manual at the moment, but it will be finished as soon as possible (next week, I hope... ).

The Programm now consist of the Wavetable Generator "KTERM<>", a loop synthesizer called "SLOOP<>" and a cross synthesis tool called "XMRPH<>". It can read sounds from 8448 samples up to one minute audio (16/32 bit, stereo/mono, 44.1 kHz).

Important:

1. The browsers show only files, which are in correct format.
2. In XMRPH<> you have to preload two sounds from the file list using PLOAD_A and PLOAD_B. Afterwards you can go to the FFT analysis by pressing button LOAD.

I'll try to answer questions here in the thread until the manual is finished.

Komplex-Term 1.5 and Audio-Term no longer produce audio under WINE. Komplex-Term says "auditioning" in the bottom left, but no sound comes out and in Audio-Term audition doesn't even light up. If there is anything I can do to help get this working again, please let me know.

The new features in Audio-Term look great!

Hi,
Thanks for the great update. I am very happy with the Audio Term. It works just fine.
I have posted your Video on Facebook.

cheers

Piet

PietW. wrote: The 3.V is such a crap. How can I write a PPG emulation without Waveterm? Incomprehensible. I am so glad that Mathias his program has developed so far that I can make sounds with Komplexer that would make the 3.V.
Hi Piet,

i could understand that you are disappointed about a missing wavetable editor but i don't get why PPG Wave 3.V is a "crappy" synth because of that.
It's also wrong that it does not contain a Waveterm, it just only contains the sample import part of it. You could both import your own samples and you also got the full Waveterm sample library (as .WTB image files) included with PPG Wave 3.V.
You could also try to import the WAV files which the Waveterm for Komplexer could create into PPG Wave 3.V.

The PPG 3.V opposing to the older 2.V includes a huge selection of additional wavetables in addition to the ones in the 2.V version, all created by Wolfgang Palm himself.

In my own commercial soundbank for the PPG Wave 3.V i included many samples based on several softsynths and also hardware (e.g. Virus TI, Wavestation EX) which expand the sound range of the PPG Wave 3.V.

Besides that there were several changes (e.g. envelopes etc.) which make the 3.V version much closer to being a true emulation of an original PPG Wave 2 synth. The included FXs have an excellent quality too IMO.

On the other hand Komplexer is not available anymore and there is no support so those who do not have it already are "screwed".

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hi Ingo,

I read only "Sample Import". What's so great about importing sample? Almost every synth can import your own samples.
A PPG was not built to play samples. It was built to play wavetables.
I do not support for Komplexer. The software runs with AUDIO Term and I can build my own wavetables and much more. I also have the PPG emulation H.Seib. Even so I can make your own wavetables.
I sold my software Waldorf and will definitely buy no more. End of Waldorfkomunikation.

PietW. wrote:Hi Ingo,

I read only "Sample Import". What's so great about importing sample? Almost every synth can import your own samples.
A PPG was not built to play samples. It was built to play wavetables.
I do not support for Komplexer. The software runs with AUDIO Term and I can build my own wavetables and much more. I also have the PPG emulation H.Seib. Even so I can make your own wavetables.
I sold my software Waldorf and will definitely buy no more. End of Waldorfkomunikation.
I just posted because you are bashing about PPG Wave 3.V (and other Waldorf stuff) here and on other KVR threads all the time. It's NOT the case that the PPg Wave 3.V is unusable without having a wavetable editor (which i added as a feature request for future updates BTW...). It's a great synth with the included wavetables and the ability to import samples, not to forget the included Waveterm sample library.
The Waveterm was thought to support BOTH samples and wavetable creation as the PPG Wave 2 alone was not able to play samples.

I agree that importing samples itself is nothing special but with the new True PPG mode (with "proper" alialising), the PPG filter and the new FXs you could get a really unique or Lo-Fi sound which in several cases is more appealing than having just "super-clean" sample playback (which is possible with the PPG 3.V too).

Like i already mentioned you could also try to import the WAV files from the Komplexer Waveterm into the PPG 3.V.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

blacktomcat666 wrote:Audio-Term V1.0...
Many thanks for this - it works beautifully with VazMod :tu:
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

jonahs wrote:Komplex-Term 1.5 and Audio-Term no longer produce audio under WINE. Komplex-Term says "auditioning" in the bottom left, but no sound comes out and in Audio-Term audition doesn't even light up. If there is anything I can do to help get this working again, please let me know.

The new features in Audio-Term look great!
Hmm.. :? maybe that's a problem with the endianess or the wave header, which is needed to play back ram data. Are you able to load, edit and save sounds? Are there any other (graphics) errors, too?

There's no chance for me to test the software on another OS than my Win XP :(. But I'll write a small debug tool for you to test some cases, if you like. But I'm not at home at the moment, so I cannot work on the software until monday. Sorry for the disappointment - I hope we will find a solution.

Return to “Soundware”