A small "Waveterm" for Terratec Komplexer (and other products)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

blacktomcat666 wrote:
PietW. wrote:Version 1.77 is available. You are very busy. Thanks for that. :D
This change will include that the executable is renamed simply to "Audio-Term", so you don't have to set a new desktop shortcut after every update run.
:tu:

Version 1.81 is available. Thanks mate :tu:
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Yes, the current update runs are for implementing the new update procedure. There are still some minor errors I didn't expect and which can hardly be reproduced, but I'll do my best to fix them.

If something in Audio-Term doesn't work as expected after an update, please have at first a look at the utility page. I experienced that some options where set to disabled after the update run (backlight, browser prelistening and shortcut support).

If the update log tells you something like "remote file not valid" you should download the zip file and replace the *.exe manually.

i have started a trans-wave work shop for the asr10 samplers and have added your program as a free tool to create transwaves

https://www.facebook.com/groups/552524268147339/

its to show people how to use transwave synthesis to create great sounding patches

i use several tools and recently started to use yours as it does robotic voice conversion really well

but if i use my snippets of single cycle samples in you program and load them into the single cycle loop they dont show up do i need to have them with loop info so that they are seen

also your loop setting is incorrect for ensoniq samplers if set to 257 as it is on your table you will get a buzzy sound they need to be set to 256 loop size for a smooth transition

also it would be nice if there were more slots as i know you modeled it on the wt of komplexor but having more slots you can do wierd slot formations

so you could have a wave on slot one then on slot 10 then on slot 13 then on slot 67

which gives you different types of morph which i can do on my paid for program

plus on the math program i use i can save any slot as a 256sample waveform so that i get 128 new single cycle waveforms every time i make a trans wave

to do it with yours i have to cut each cycle in an editor which takes time

thanks for the program its a great piece to you and i find it very easy to use even with out a manual

and will be giving manual type instructions on how to use it in my tran-swave work shop

not using your program but some other tools oi recreated the ppg wavetables

in 64 slices removing the synth waves

if any one is interested in them i can make them available

jammie1 wrote: i use several tools and recently started to use yours as it does robotic voice conversion really well
It does a quite good conversion for other types of sound too, at least for a wavetable synth with limited dynamic range, fixed frequency ratios and fixed time resolution:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pifmp8wqeEQ

As I explained on youtube you have to make sure that your sound is tuned to 172.265625 Hz (+/- 1 octave). Then you can use the keyboard on the screen and the +/-5 Cent buttons to tune the analyzer. Incorrect tuning will result in inharmonic and buzzy sound. The result also depends on how suitable material is used. Complex, inharmonic or noisy sounds cannot be reproduced well with classic wavetables (may be with Waldorf Nave or PPG Apps or realtime additve VSTi like Alchemy or Harmor, but they all use a different technology - AT/Komplexer works rather like a Kawai K5/K5000).
jammie1 wrote: but if i use my snippets of single cycle samples in you program and load them into the single cycle loop they don't show up do i need to have them with loop info so that they are seen
Sounds must have the following specifications to be recognized as single cycles:

- 44,1 kHz
- 8,16,32 bit pcm or 32 bit IEEE float
- 1 channel (mono) or 2 channels (stereo)
- 32 .. 4096 samples/channel
- loop data must be set to length of "samples/channel" (loop start=0, loop end=samples/channel-1)

Files which don't appear in one of the folders 01..05 are moved to the "unrecognized file type recycle bin", where you also can find a message about what's the problem with this file.

If you disable "force loop data for single cycle recognition" in the utility menu, all sounds with 32...4096 samples per channel are treated as single cycles. Then AT instantly moves all files which match the new requirements into the folder "02 Single Cycles (WAV)". But this can have the effect that very short drum samples (hi-hats, rim shots...)are also interpreted as single cycles.
jammie1 wrote: also your loop setting is incorrect for ensoniq samplers if set to 257 as it is on your table you will get a buzzy sound they need to be set to 256 loop size for a smooth transition
This is a problem of the conversion software, because it rounds fractional samples up to the next integer. I'll remove fractional samples in the next update, so this problem should be solved then.
jammie1 wrote: also it would be nice if there were more slots as i know you modeled it on the wt of komplexor but having more slots you can do wierd slot formations

so you could have a wave on slot one then on slot 10 then on slot 13 then on slot 67

which gives you different types of morph which i can do on my paid for program
I agree, it would be nice, but this would require a complete redesign of the software: AT was never meant to be a universal tool for all kinds of wavetable implementations, but for computing some of my samples to Komplexer. In the beginning it was a simple batch tool with a few lines of code, made for my personal needs only. Then I was asked for sharing the software, later for adding hundreds of features.

Now it's 5 years of work later and AT consist of ~17000 lines of code and many features I personally don't need. I'm afraid I don't have the time and the energy to rebuild everything from start. Further some other things in my life require focus at the moment. And: I'm not a developer, I'm a musician - but I haven't played a single note the last 16 months because of the programming work, which is finally used as freeware by around thirty people. This is also reason why I'm not keen on a complete rebuild.
jammie1 wrote: plus on the math program i use i can save any slot as a 256sample waveform so that i get 128 new single cycle waveforms every time i make a trans wave

to do it with yours i have to cut each cycle in an editor which takes time
You can export every slot as single cycle: DISK->F_TYPE->"02"->SAVE. Indeed, storing all 33 slots in one go is not possible because of naming conventions. May be I'll find a solution to make this possible. It's on my list, but with lower priority.

1.82 hot off the press!

Amazing work you have put into this. :)

Two small suggestions-
Put a link to the latest v. in your sig, and put the v. number in the zip filename.
ImageImageImageImage

yes i understand on the reprogramming

it can be a nightmare when adding functions that you need to go back to the start and code it again

any way i have done the little thing to make it work correctly by hand in the asr10 and they work great

thanks for all your hard work in doing this as i know i do lots of dsp modular devices and sample sets and some times you dont even get a thankyou

which would be nice

i thank you for your great programming skill as no one else has ever bothered

would be great for you to join the trans-waves workshop group as its all about the creating of patches from the transwaves which is only the start sound palette

:) I didn't want to moan or to complain, I only try to make understandable why I don't put things (immediately) into AT although it would be a useful feature.

started to do video,s on how to use your program on the trans-wave workshop group

first small video was showing how to make a table from single cycle waves

and the second video is showing how analysis of a sample is done in this case robotic voices

thanks

highkoo wrote:1.82 hot off the press!
Link?
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

https://soundcloud.com/jhulk/mytbl01-wa ... deo-single

this is the trans-wave created via the first video and made into a patch on the asr10

https://soundcloud.com/jhulk/welcome-to ... -synthesis

and these are the talking robotic voices using the analysis of audio term

and made into trans-waves then modulated by mod-wheel speed of ramp lfo

Thanks man. I appreciate it very much...

:)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWTdaIjXCKk

A short Video that shows how to create a Wavetable with Audio-Term for Komplexer.

Please excuse the poor quality. In the original it sounds much better.

This is just a very small example. Audio-Term can be very much more.

Return to “Soundware”