Alchemistry Metallurgy Version 2 released on patchpool

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And a last Bumpage in 2011...

Hi Simon, have been enjoying this sound set a lot after recently purchasing. Already inspired me to include a few sounds in some tracks I'm currently working on and will no doubt get a lot of use down the track too. Your talent and passion for sound design clearly shines through once again. :)

Teezdalien wrote:Hi Simon, have been enjoying this sound set a lot after recently purchasing. Already inspired me to include a few sounds in some tracks I'm currently working on and will no doubt get a lot of use down the track too. Your talent and passion for sound design clearly shines through once again. :)
Thank you so much - that's a nice read for the morning of New Year's Day :)

A rust-free Metallurgy Bumpage...

Bumping Metallurgy on a sunday evening...

A little Bumpage for Alchemistry Metallurgy...

Alchemistry Metallurgy can now be purchased bundled together with my new Alchemy Bank Warped Strings - check it out... :wheee:

Metallurgy is one of the best set for Alchemy on the market.
Your whole Alchemy work (4 libs) is a pure piece of sound-design art.

matteogk wrote:Metallurgy is one of the best set for Alchemy on the market.
Your whole Alchemy work (4 libs) is a pure piece of sound-design art.
Thank's for the love Matteo - those 4 libs have inspired a lot of musicians around the world and I'm delighted about all the positive feedback I am getting. Much more to come for sure...

And while I'm here - Alchemistry Metallurgy and the other libs are discounted until May 31 - check it out here.

Simon, I'd also like to express my awe and admiration for the libraries you have created for Alchemy. Yesterday, I listened to around 80% of the demos on your site and was really inspired by the depth and scope of the soundscapes I was hearing. The compositions were also excellent and worked well to demonstrate the variety of sounds possible. I could listen to those demos for hours, or even more satisfying, play those sounds for hours :)

I plan on picking up all of your Alchemy libraries whilst you have the may deal running, not only for the patches, but for the sample material too. I think your sounds are ideal for the scoring work I do (indie productions), and like others have said before, a great showcase for what Alchemy is capable of.

Hearing these libraries inspires me to take my sound design skills to the next level :tu:

audiosabre wrote:Simon, I'd also like to express my awe and admiration for the libraries you have created for Alchemy. Yesterday, I listened to around 80% of the demos on your site and was really inspired by the depth and scope of the soundscapes I was hearing. The compositions were also excellent and worked well to demonstrate the variety of sounds possible. I could listen to those demos for hours, or even more satisfying, play those sounds for hours :)

I plan on picking up all of your Alchemy libraries whilst you have the may deal running, not only for the patches, but for the sample material too. I think your sounds are ideal for the scoring work I do (indie productions), and like others have said before, a great showcase for what Alchemy is capable of.

Hearing these libraries inspires me to take my sound design skills to the next level :tu:
Thank you a lot for the flowers - yeah, besides the Alchemy patches you'll get +7 Gigabyte of samples in those 4 Banks, many of them are multisampled acoustic instruments, objects, vocals, percussion, processed stuff, soundscapes - what have you. It took me ages to record, edit and level those but it was well worth it :)
Use the samples in any sample mangler, Granulator or process them inside your DAW, or just spend weeks to really explore the almost 400 patches and their 8 variations each.

I can't imagine the amount of work it took to record, edit and program all those sounds. I can't wait to get them.

I must add: I rarely buy soundsets or patches for any synth; I'm usually pretty insistent on building the right sound for every situation. The fact I instantly wanted to buy not one, but all your Alchemy sets displays the sheer quality of your work :)

I really do wish I'd have noticed these before; I've had Alchemy since release :lol:

audiosabre wrote:I can't imagine the amount of work it took to record, edit and program all those sounds. I can't wait to get them.

I must add: I rarely buy soundsets or patches for any synth; I'm usually pretty insistent on building the right sound for every situation. The fact I instantly wanted to buy not one, but all your Alchemy sets displays the sheer quality of your work :)

I really do wish I'd have noticed these before; I've had Alchemy since release :lol:
I thought I was investing too much time and money into marketing at one point, but if you never heard of my soundware and patchpool before I was obviously wrong :)

I also got Alchemy very soon after the release, it needed some time to learn and then it clicked with me. Nowadays I'm using it almost as frequently as Kontakt when it comes to producing tracks with my own multisampled instruments, especially after the Round Robin support was introduced with version 1.2. And the additive resynthesis and Granular mangling possibilities in Alchemy are still quite unique.

My next Bank "Dark Brass and Woodwinds" is on hold/standby right now as I just don't have the time for it but when the current composing phase is over I will certainly work on that.

Dear Metallurgists,

I just emailed the link to the updated presets for Alchemistry Metallurgy to all Metallurgy customers. If you don't receive that mail, please check your spam folder. If I get any bounces I will try resending the mial from another account.

In Alchemy 1.50 a new Preset Browser is introduced, this also means that the subcategories I added to all my Alchemy soundsets do not exist anymore. 
Alchemist losan - who some of you will know from the KVR and NI forums - was so incredibly kind to tag all the presets from Alchemistry Metallurgy, he also added the original categories in the "user tags" and some playing tips from my pdf file.

You can now browse through your presets using keywords for articulations, timbre or type in the sounddesigner you're looking for - so type in e.g. "Simon Stockhausen" in the search field and all my presets will appear. Or browse by Sound Library to see all presets from Alchemistry Metallurgy in one list.

I also added a thumbnail image (png) to the preset folder so a pic will appear when a preset from Alchemistry Metallurgy is selected in the browser.
As Metallaurgy only uses very few aaz-files (resynthed sample data) this download is a small one: 6 MB

Please note: These presets will only work with the current version of (Alchemy 1.50) and not with any previous versions.

The download folder only contains the acp and aaz-files, not the samples, you don't need to re-install the samples, only the new presets. After unzipping the file you downloaded, place the contained folder "Alchemistry Metallurgy" here and simply substitute the existing folder:

Mac: HD(not user)/Library/Application Support/Camel Audio/Alchemy/Presets 
Windows: PathToDataDirectory/Alchemy.data/Presets/ 

Then use the function "Scan for New Presets" from the File Menue in Alchemy and you'll be ready to go and make full use of the new browsing system.

One more update for my Alchemy soundset Alchemistry Beyond will follow.

Simon

This set is discounted at 25% for one day in the Novembre Bundles Deal of the day campaign.

Return to “Soundware”