Soundset ChromaZone for Chromaphone released on patchpool

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ChromaZone

A little weekend ChromaZone Bumpage...

Hi Simon-
I've purchased the Chromophone product from AAS, and i mostly like it! There's some things that i think are "missing" and most of them fall in the category of what you mention in your post regarding this set on your webpage. I quote you:

>>
As soon as AAS updates Chromaphone to add Pitchbend, Microtuning, Aftertouch and whatever else I will add these controls to the patches and all customers will receive a free update of ChromaZone.
<<

I bring this up because it surprises me that AAS would release Chromaphone without Pitchbend in particular. Its a "personal gripe" of mine that microtuning (all i ask for is the simple ability to import Scala tunings) is not on any of the AAS product line (with the exception of Lounge Lizard, where it works very well, i might add....and it makes me use it alot more, i might add further....). I am not "surprised" that Chromaphone does not have microtuning, but again, I don't understand why virtually ANY software synth that features pitched output does not have that feature (with hardware synths, it was a bit easier to understand that design choice).

My question is: Do you happen to "know" whether AAS plans to release an update to this product that includes any of the above? I'm particularly interested in the microtuning angle of it. Understand that i'm not asking you to speak for the company (obviously), but if i know that there's a pretty good chance that they're headed in this direction, it makes it more likely that i would invest time (and $$) into this product (and YOUR instruments....). :D

Any comments would be appreciated!
cheers,
Jim Lanpheer.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

SaxBlaCussionIzer wrote:
My question is: Do you happen to "know" whether AAS plans to release an update to this product that includes any of the above? I'm particularly interested in the microtuning angle of it. Understand that i'm not asking you to speak for the company (obviously), but if i know that there's a pretty good chance that they're headed in this direction, it makes it more likely that i would invest time (and $$) into this product (and YOUR instruments....). :D

Any comments would be appreciated!
cheers,
Jim Lanpheer.
Hi Jim,
I am collaborating with AAS for an upcoming Chromaphone Bank as they have announced all over the web recently so I am in direct contact with the company. Back in Decembre we had a chat about "missing features" in Chromaphone and they asked for some suggestions, amongst other things I also suggested to add microtuning and pitchbending to an upcoming version of Chromaphone. Now if and when this is actually going to be implemented I can't say, but as many other users have mentioned microtuning and pitchbending as "missing features" I am sure that AAS will eventually come up with some enhancements to their new instrument.
That is all I can say about that.
S.
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you for replying, i appreciate that you can't speak for AAS, but its helpful to know that others are asking for it also. There's a couple of "obvious" things that seem to be "missing" from this synth like pitch bend and the ability to assign parameters of the physical model to controllable MIDI parameters. On the latter, maybe there's something about varying parameters of the physical model in real time that renders the model "unstable" (?), at least that is my guess...

I'll go on record as saying that i LOVE AAS products! And, i wish to use them more, not less. But folks (including myself) have been "suggesting" to AAS that microtuning is something that is worth having on a variety of their products for years. To me, Tassman (via a simple "microtuning module") and String Studio are MADE for it. There probably just isn't enough critical mass of people working in this area to get them to focus on it, i'll bet. To me, a forward-thinking company (and i consider AAS to be one of those) would be interested in creating and/or leading sonic exploration into things like microtuning.

Anyways, i appreciate your response and i'll strongly consider purchasing your soundbank from your website. I've listened to the demos and there's some great sounds there, imho.
cheers!
jim.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Sampleconstruct wrote:I just released this soundset for Chromaphone:

This soundset contains 100 original patches and 22 variations for Chromaphone by AAS. I focussed on emulations of known and und unknown instruments like mallets, bells, chimes, plucked strings, keyboards, hybrid strangers and percussive sounds as well as experimental patches, lush pads, dark drones, beautiful textures, funky synths and funny noises.
As soon as AAS updates Chromaphone to add Pitchbend, Microtuning, Aftertouch and whatever else I will add these controls to the patches and all customers will receive a free update of ChromaZone.

Combining materials like metal, skin and wood with elements like air and articulations like beating, plucking and bowing can create physically modelled instruments that are hard to describe with words. Although they might sound familiar due totheir "organic" nature, words sometimes fail to describe what they "really are" and how they actually sound. Quite a few of these hybrid strangers are included in ChromaZone.
Chromaphone is advertised as a percussion synthesizer which in my opinion only covers a smaller aspect of it's virtues. Physical modeling has been rivaling with conventional sampling for years in terms of emulating "realism". The creation of sonic "surrealism" based on organic sounding materials is a far more powerful aspect of this technology and Chromaphone in particular.

You can view/download the PDF for ChromaZone with more details, the licence agreement and the patch list including playing tips and descriptions for each patch here.

Price: 18 €
Delivery: Email

Product page with demos

Thank's for reading

Simon Stockhausen :ud:
This soundset needs a little weekend Bumpage...

Sampleconstruct wrote: Back in Decembre we had a chat about "missing features" in Chromaphone and they asked for some suggestions, amongst other things I also suggested to add microtuning and pitchbending to an upcoming version of Chromaphone. Now if and when this is actually going to be implemented I can't say, but as many other users have mentioned microtuning and pitchbending as "missing features" I am sure that AAS will eventually come up with some enhancements to their new instrument.
That is all I can say about that.
This is great news that I missed earlier. Thanks! You've answered my question...

This set needs a little Bump....

Can you use this with AAS Player, or do you need the full instrument?
Music you can believe in:
http://rebshaya.com

irvg wrote:Can you use this with AAS Player, or do you need the full instrument?
I just replied to your mail as well:

Just downloaded it and the format for the player files is "aasbank" - ChromaZone comes in the native "Chromaphone Bank"-format and is not compatible with the player. Apparently only soundsets published by / licenced with AAS work with the player. I will release a Signature Sound Bank with AAS soon though in case you won't get Chromaphone as a single Plug-In.

This Bank is now discounted in the patchpool Spring Special

I just finished my second Bank for Chromaphone, a commissioned project for AAS who will release it pretty soon. So stay tuned and watch out for news from AAS. It's sold exclusively by them so I can't offer it on my patchpool site.

Awesome! I can't wait!

If it's anything like this one, I'm sure it will be more than worth having. :)
Blue Phase Music

4lb Kitty wrote:Awesome! I can't wait!

If it's anything like this one, I'm sure it will be more than worth having. :)
Thank you for the flowers :)
I'm quite certain that my first Bank wasn't a one-hit-wonder - I'm really happy with the result.

Time for a bump here now that Chromaphone 1.0.4 has been released. :)

Still wish they'd add pitchbend support.
Blue Phase Music

4lb Kitty wrote:Time for a bump here now that Chromaphone 1.0.4 has been released. :)

Still wish they'd add pitchbend support.
Thank's for the bumpage :)
The release of my new Chromaphone Bank for AAS seems to get delayed a bit, not from my side though, it's all been signed sealed delivered :)

Return to “Soundware”