Soundset ChromaZone for Chromaphone released on patchpool

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ChromaZone

Just a heads up for my new Chromaphone Bank Cardinals which was released by Applied Acoustic Systems some hours ago. It's my first collaboration with AAS and the soundset is only available on their website, not on patchpool.

Check it out here.

Hi Simon, and congratulations on this new bank!

I loved the time I spent developing sounds for my Chromaphone bank, and judging by the demos on the AAS web site you did too 8)

Very interesting interview as well.

Martin

first on my wishlist ... if someone bought this virtual guitar amp in the marketplace :hyper:
"It dreamed itself along"

Yes, congratulations on the new bank. From the demos it sounds like some fantastic sounds in there. I hope this makes even more people aware of your work also at Patchpool. Your sounds are always an inspiration and the new bank is a no brainer - especially at the introductory pricing. The interview at the AAS site was an interesting read, btw. I hate you though... getting your first synth (a Minimoog) at age nine!!! :D
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Sequent wrote:Yes, congratulations on the new bank. From the demos it sounds like some fantastic sounds in there. I hope this makes even more people aware of your work also at Patchpool. Your sounds are always an inspiration and the new bank is a no brainer - especially at the introductory pricing. The interview at the AAS site was an interesting read, btw. I hate you though... getting your first synth (a Minimoog) at age nine!!! :D
HAHA, that was one of my sister's fault, she is a pianist and my father wanted someone from the family to get into live-electronics to join his ensemble. She didn't want the Moog so I got it, loved it and performed with it 2 years later in one of his pieces :)

And thank you so much for the flowers!

Thank goodness for sisters who aren't into electronics. I think it's great though that you didn't let the electronics eclipse your interests in acoustic instruments. It seems like you're very well versed in both sides.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sequent wrote:Yes, congratulations on the new bank. From the demos it sounds like some fantastic sounds in there. I hope this makes even more people aware of your work also at Patchpool. Your sounds are always an inspiration and the new bank is a no brainer - especially at the introductory pricing. The interview at the AAS site was an interesting read, btw. I hate you though... getting your first synth (a Minimoog) at age nine!!! :D
HAHA, that was one of my sister's fault, she is a pianist and my father wanted someone from the family to get into live-electronics to join his ensemble. She didn't want the Moog so I got it, loved it and performed with it 2 years later in one of his pieces :)

And thank you so much for the flowers!
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Sequent wrote:Thank goodness for sisters who aren't into electronics. I think it's great though that you didn't let the electronics eclipse your interests in acoustic instruments. It seems like you're very well versed in both sides.

The interest for both worlds was always equally strong really, and being a trained pianist playing synths and keyboards is just a different thing I suppose. Although there were times when I didn't touch a piano for months and only played them plastic keys. And playing drums and saxophone is just a physical experience which can not be had when tweaking knobs and abusing ribbon controllers :)

As a tie in to the upcoming Patchpool bank "Modelled Reality" I felt I should return the favour on the early bird deal and mentioned I'd show what great work Simon had done with the ChromZone bank.

So as promised I'm going to do a few "demos" of ChromaZone patches in the next week.

The First is just a run through of a cluster of interesting patches in the "Keys" category.

Classical/Wagner inspired. Ars Acoustic Compressor used as limiter and Valhalla room, 2 sec decay reverb mix 50%.

https://www.box.com/s/uygswu63mhpmabbqanvg

Regards

Wade
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Thank you Wade, very delicate :)

Sampleconstruct wrote:Thank you Wade, very delicate :)
Thanks!

Heres another Demo from the ChromaZone bank

Achromatic Percussion , one sound from Textures, and another from the Keys categories used as two Canons.

Some reverb from Valhalla Room, the Arts Acoustic CL compressor as a limiter.

No other external sounds or effects used.

This an exploration track. What I notice when working with the chromaphone sounds is there's a certain body to them that's appealing the attacks are crisp the volume of the resonators is almost tangible..

I've only just gotten a computer that would allow these 12 instances of Chromaphoone with 2 or 3 voices each..

I personally would go back in and tame some of the over saturated low end. But this is just to show some of the qualities of the sounds and how I could work with them at one sitting.

Another part of my challenge is working in an Interesting way with Numerology;
Lots of modulations of the track mutes, looping preset in the Stacks, and other obscure technics that make the whole arrangement come to me as something of a suprise after working in a shifty kind a way trying to move towards that happy state of creating without being artificial, where lucky accidents, the goodness are all through providence, and bad shorn frameworks are all my own responsibilty.

ChromaZone Percussion

Regards

Wade

https://www.box.com/s/es2y8g8y7872hs5sv64d

Another track using ChromaZone patches.

Quietly Suspensful:

https://www.box.com/s/dds1oa9kab7qacypiuvl

Regards

Wade

Here I'm using no effects just the raw sounds with Arts Acoustic CLMS limiter but it's not really needing to do much. this played real time. Using four instances of Chromaphone two on the lower two cotaves and two on the upper two octaves. I'm using my Numerology phrase/delay, Player which has round robin switching where detatched notes move the midi output from sound A to sound B. When I play legato the focus stays on the presently active sound.

This Numerology Pro 3 Project- phrase/delay Players is a has two sequences set to "midi trigger play" modus for each singel note range over a 4 octave range. 96 sequences in total! I've made a master editor and timing sliders for editing the sequences individual parameters in groups of twelve. So that way I get per ocave control on each of my four ChromaZone playing Chromaphone soft synths. Of course it's always possible to go to one of the source sequences and edit the phrase on a per not basis...

Just phenomal tools. Look ma two hands!

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Another track using ChromaZone patches.

Quietly Suspensful:

https://www.box.com/s/dds1oa9kab7qacypiuvl

Regards

Wade

Here I'm using no effects just the raw sounds with Arts Acoustic CLMS limiter but it's not really needing to do much. this played real time. Using four instances of Chromaphone two on the lower two cotaves and two on the upper two octaves. I'm using my Numerology phrase/delay, Player which has round robin switching where detatched notes move the midi output from sound A to sound B. When I play legato the focus stays on the presently active sound.

This Numerology Pro 3 Project- phrase/delay Players is a has two sequences set to "midi trigger play" modus for each singel note range over a 4 octave range. 96 sequences in total! I've made a master editor and timing sliders for editing the sequences individual parameters in groups of twelve. So that way I get per ocave control on each of my four ChromaZone playing Chromaphone soft synths. Of course it's always possible to go to one of the source sequences and edit the phrase on a per not basis...

Just phenomal tools. Look ma two hands!
I imagine an old black and white silent movie to go with this...nice sequencing!

I'm showing off more of the sounds used together.

Danger Control:

https://www.box.com/s/tf23nvp0zzhacp0ugieu

A drum heavy example.

AChromatic category:

Strange Drum
Big Sub Kick
Low Tom A
Talking Drum

Sounds from Synths&Keys:

Nice Woodpecker synth, Mickey synth, Panflute Pad

CZ Textures Nervous Windchimes.

The main Pad is a dual layer of two sounds; Mystery synth from Hybrid Instruments
and Singing Glass synth from Synths&Keys at the octave and other intervals.

These two layers are auto crossfaded between one another using 2 Lfos with unequal period lengths..

Regards

Wade

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I'm showing off more of the sounds used together.

Danger Control:

https://www.box.com/s/tf23nvp0zzhacp0ugieu

A drum heavy example.

AChromatic category:

Strange Drum
Big Sub Kick
Low Tom A
Talking Drum

Sounds from Synths&Keys:

Nice Woodpecker synth, Mickey synth, Panflute Pad

CZ Textures Nervous Windchimes.

The main Pad is a dual layer of two sounds; Mystery synth from Hybrid Instruments
and Singing Glass synth from Synths&Keys at the octave and other intervals.

These two layers are auto crossfaded between one another using 2 Lfos with unequal period lengths..

Regards

Wade
Terrific, I like that!

A new example using only ChromaZone patches for the Chromaphone.

Eroding Foundations:

https://www.box.com/s/tddo22q4oasq8uwwa8px

Taiko A

AiryHammond

And others.

Regards

Wade

Return to “Soundware”