Iris subscription thread patchpool - fresh Iris 2 sounds

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Sampleconstruct wrote:Demo for Iris patch "Vase Duo" from the upcoming Subscription Set No. 25 - derived from the sample of tremolating with soft mallets on a ceramic vase. I also multisampled this vase (up to 10X Round Robin) and will make some Alchemy patches with it:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/v ... -patchpool
Simon, I just bought Iris and have been following your subscription and this thread closely; I'll be a subscriber as soon as I receive my next pay this Friday!

swartzfeger wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Demo for Iris patch "Vase Duo" from the upcoming Subscription Set No. 25 - derived from the sample of tremolating with soft mallets on a ceramic vase. I also multisampled this vase (up to 10X Round Robin) and will make some Alchemy patches with it:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/v ... -patchpool
Simon, I just bought Iris and have been following your subscription and this thread closely; I'll be a subscriber as soon as I receive my next pay this Friday!

Great! I'm happy to welcome you in our Iris family then :)

Here is an Iris video processing the sample of a Shipbell which I bought some days ago. There will be some nice bell patches in Set 25:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah4i0zwt-dA

Here is the bell:

Here is an ambient demo track using 4 Iris sounds from Subscription Set 25, some B2 Reverb was used on 3 of the sounds:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... emo-set-25

Wow! Very interesting.

Here is the info for Subscription Set 25 which I am just uploading to the server:

Iris Subscription Set 25 uploaded on April 11- 2013 containing 6 presets (142.4 MB) including:

Bell Contemplation
S1 plays a single hit on a nice brass bell I bought recently, S2 plays a metasynthed, drone-like derivative of that bell sound with moving harmonics.
Bring in fast pitch modulation with the Modwheel, control Delay and Reverb Mix with Macros 1+2, Chorus speed with Macro 4 and totally destroy the sound with Macro 3.
Here is a pic of the bell I sampled.

Bell Strike and Fly
Different spectral aspects of the same stretched brass bell sample are playing in S1+2, S3 plays an electronic bell texture made with granulators and other goodies.
The Modwheel adds temposynced amplitude modulation to S1+2. Macros 1+2 control LP filter cutoff and temposynced cutoff modulation, M3 controls Delay Mix.

Dream Impression
A dreamy drone texture I made after waking up from a strange dream, very narrow spectral selections of the same sample are playing in S1-3.
Bring in some subtle tube distortion with the Modwheel. Macro 1 adds random pitch modulation to S2, M2 controls Delay Mix.

Ghost Trains
S1+2 use the same sample of a recording I made in a russian train during my trip to russia for a documentary film in 2011, where we travelled for 3 weeks in a (horrible stinking) train through all of Russia, an unforgettable experience. These samples are from my SoundPack Trains and Subways.
S1 plays the main train sound and S2 plays a snippet of a train guard speaking through a walkie talkie.
In S3 there is another sample of a freight train passing by very fast which I recorded at an open air train station in Germany.
S2 doesn't follow pitch, it has a LFO assigned to it's pitch so the frequency is constantly changing.
The Modwheel adds temposynce pitch modulation to the train in S1, Macros 1+2 control Distortion and Delay Mix.

Shipbell Duo
A long texture played with a brass bell recorded in L-C-R - moving the bell around while tremolating - is playing in S1+3. S2 plays a spectralized derivative of that sample.
The Modwheel adds Chorus, Macros 1+2 control Reverb/Delay Mix, Macro 3 adds random filter modulation and the inverted Macro 4 controls filter modulation speed, turn it up to slow things down.

Vase Duo
The sample of tremolating at the top of a ceramic vase with a soft mallet is used in S1, S2 plays a granulated derivative of that texture.
The sample in S1 is tuned taking the lower spectral component as a reference, as the vase sound has this buil in interval.
Bring in S2 with the Modwheel. M1+2 control Reverb/Delay Mix, add fast random pitch modulation with Macro 3, Macro 4 controls HP Cutoff.
This sound is used in this Soundcloud demo track. Also check my Mini Bank The Vase for Alchemy if you need more vase sounds.

Subscription price has been upped to € 52 Euro.

Dear Iris subscribers,

During the next months, many subscriptions will expire (yeah, Iris has been around for a year now) - so I've started to send out requests for the renewal of your subscriptions. You'll find all the info in the Email.
Some of you have already contacted me, these folks will receive paypal invoices automatically shortly before their subscriptions end.

Simon

Just to add my voice to the patchpool thread --

I'm a new subscriber, and the funny thing is... I bought Izotope Iris so I could use Simon's patches. His work and talent sold me on the power of Iris. Izotope should give you a royalty check, Herr Stockhausen.

Just started the preset download and should be exploring new soundscapes in less than an hour. Thank you Simon! Very, very excited. :D

swartzfeger wrote:Just to add my voice to the patchpool thread --

I'm a new subscriber, and the funny thing is... I bought Izotope Iris so I could use Simon's patches. His work and talent sold me on the power of Iris. Izotope should give you a royalty check, Herr Stockhausen.

Just started the preset download and should be exploring new soundscapes in less than an hour. Thank you Simon! Very, very excited. :D
Welcome to the Iris family, Jay - I appreciate your enthusiasm and thank you for the flowers :)

Iris invited me to their Beta team last year during the initial Iris and Stutter Edit hype, but I was so overloaded with work that I didn't join in, also after years of beta-testing for various companies I'm a bit tired of crashing apps, I prefer stable Plug-Ins these days.

Here is a little video featuring a patch from the next susbcription set (No. 26) - some male overtone singing on F (myself) slightly melodyned (cheat!), harmonics enhanced with a filter, then treated with some spatial plugs, then imported into Iris. I also sampled my new Djembe today and processed some single hits to huge and beautiful drones and strange textures to be then treated with Iris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3EQrRhV14A

Djembe? Very excited to hear this!

swartzfeger wrote:Djembe? Very excited to hear this!
Yeah, it makes for some incredible subbass sounds in Iris when only selecting the lowest tone from the spectral display, but also some electronically treated Djembe textures will be very interesting. I'll probably add some loops as well.

VERY cool...

Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is a little video featuring a patch from the next susbcription set (No. 26) - some male overtone singing on F (myself) slightly melodyned (cheat!), harmonics enhanced with a filter, then treated with some spatial plugs, then imported into Iris. I also sampled my new Djembe today and processed some single hits to huge and beautiful drones and strange textures to be then treated with Iris.
Simon, just watched your video -- I didn't know you were a Tuvan throat singer! :D

Eerie yet beautiful. I have some buddhist prayer bells that will match nicely with that patch.

Return to “Soundware”