Iris subscription thread patchpool - fresh Iris 2 sounds

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Here is some info for set 36:

Iris Subscription Set No. 36 uploaded on Octobre 27 - 2013 containing 9 presets (121.9 MB) including:

Asian Synth
The involved sample was made by rubbing a large metal tray with a rubberball, sounding somewhat gong-like. This sample is used in S1+2, the Sub-oscillaotr adds a more distinct pitch to the sound. Add temposynced, square-shaped pitch modulation with the Modwheel, control the FX with Macros 1-3, Macro 4 controls Highpass cutoff to "de-mud" the lower range of this patch if needed.

Bouncing Timpani
The involved sample was taken from pedal-timpani recordings (pic here) I made for my MachFive-ibrary Scattered Entity. Bouncing little rubberballs on the timpani while moving the pitch-pedal. Then the rubberballs bounce off the timpani onto the wooden floor and in the end of that session little balls were scattered all over the recording room.
Oscillators 1-3 all play different segements and spectral aspects of this sample. The x/y-pad (M1+2) lets you add combfilter-like delays and determine the pitch/speed of those very short delays with high feedback. M3+4 control reverb/distortion amount, inverted M5 controls Lowpass filter cutoff. The Modwheel adds random pitch modulation to S1+2.

Female Moaner
Processed female moaning, a snippet taken from the theatre production MacBeth which I did some years ago, from the scene where the witches are having intense fun with MacBeth.
S1+2 both use the same sample, S1 runs in Radius RT mode, so the speed of the sample is the same whatever pitch you play. If this is too heavy for your CPU, switch S1 to "Resample" instead. Add evil distortion with the Modwheel, the x/y-pad (M1+2) controls pitch modulation depth and speed. Macro 3 controls reverb amount.

Misty Life (Split)
An isolated and timestretched snippet from an orchestral rehearsal of one of my compositions is used in this patch, both oscillators play different segments and spectral aspects of the same sample. Split point is located at C3 (C4 in Iris). In the upper half you have a flute-like sound, the sample is running in Non-Retrigger mode, so playing legato will not retrigger the sample from the start. Add temposynced pitch modulation with the Modwheel, the x/y-pad (M1+2) controls Chorus FX and "Space"-amount (a combo of reverb and delay). M3 controls Highpass cutoff.

Russian Gym
In the russian city of UFA in 2011 our filmteam recorded some footage in an old and stinky gym where dozens of kids were exercising gymnastics, I just wandered though the gym recording all sorts of sounds, this is one of the captured ambiences. Oscillators 1-3 all play different segements and spectral aspects of this sample, each oscillator has a LFO assigned to it's volume so the sounds fade in and out at different speeds. Control the LFO speeds with the Modwheel. Please check the Macro page to learn how the 5 assigned controls are modifying the sounds.

Saturn Drone
A dronish sample I made with Metasynth is used in both oscillators. S1 has a broader frequency selection and is masking S2 somewhat, that is why you can modify the sustain level of S1 with the Modwheel, turn it up if you want more high frequencies. Please check the Macro page to learn how the 6 assigned controls are modifying the sounds.

StretchTimp Split
The involved sample was taken from pedal-timpani recordings (pic here) I made for my MachFive-ibrary Scattered Entity. A timestretched timpani glissando is used in all three oscillators, S1 is mapped up to C3 (C4 in Iris), S2+3 are mapped from C3 (C4) upwards. Add temposynced amplitude and filter modulation with the Modwheel, control te modulation speed with Macro 1 (x-axis of x/y-pad).

WaterPhoneDrone
The involved sample was taken from waterphone recordings (pic here) I made for my MachFive-ibrary Scattered Entity. The sample was granulated with crusherX, playing several octaves to create a rich drone. Oscillators 1-3 all play different segements and spectral aspects of this sample, S2 running in Non-Retriggermode plays almost the entire frequency range, bring it in with the Modwheel. S3, also in Non-Retrigger mode only plays the reverb tail of the sample looped back and forth. This is a rather cosmic patch...

Wholetone Magic
Resynthesizing a waterphone sample taken from waterphone recordings (pic here) I made for my MachFive-ibrary Scattered Entity in Metasynth, tuning the resynthesized data to a wholetone sale and furtherly processing it, then playing back the resynthesized result with muted Thai Gong samples, also from Scattered Entity. S1+2 play very dotted selections of this sample, S3 plays a full range segment of this texture. S3 is only mapped up to C6 (C7 in Iris). Add slow square-shaped pitch modulation to S1+2 with the Modwheel. Macros 1-5 control various parameters of the involved FX modules.

The subscription price has been upped to € 80 Euros. I'll be sending out the dl link for Set 36 in a minute.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is some info for set 36:

Iris Subscription Set No. 36 uploaded on Octobre 27 - 2013 containing 9 presets (121.9 MB) including:

WaterPhoneDrone
The involved sample was taken from waterphone recordings (pic here) I made for my MachFive-ibrary Scattered Entity. The sample was granulated with crusherX, playing several octaves to create a rich drone. Oscillators 1-3 all play different segements and spectral aspects of this sample, S2 running in Non-Retriggermode plays almost the entire frequency range, bring it in with the Modwheel. S3, also in Non-Retrigger mode only plays the reverb tail of the sample looped back and forth. This is a rather cosmic patch...
This patch is absolutely brilliant. Very non-iterative/Eno-esque. Your work is so inspiring, Simon!

swartzfeger wrote:
This patch is absolutely brilliant. Very non-iterative/Eno-esque. Your work is so inspiring, Simon!
Thank you, Jay - I got rather lost in space while programming that one :)

Wade Mattson was so kind, to create a PDF containing all my patch descriptions which you can view/download here. Looks much better than my boring rtf-text-file.

Here is a demo for the patch "Rising Darkness" from the upcoming subscription set no. 37:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/r ... -iris-demo

You had me with the nuns... :D
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

BBFG# wrote:You had me with the nuns... :D
Haha, the nuns - yeah!

Here is a little video using two patches from set 37:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIcZ_jHy_Cs

Three fresh Iris patches from set 37 in one track - 100% Iris, some volume automation:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/i ... -iris-demo

Another three fresh Iris patches from set 37 in one demo - 100% Iris:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/f ... -iris-demo

Here comes the release info for set 37:

Iris Subscription Set 37, uploaded on Novembre 22- 2013 containing 10 presets (190.7 MB) including:

Backstage English Horn
In this patch I am isolating an english horn from the usual orchestral backstage warm-up-chaos. S1+2 both use the same sample with different isolated frequency bands. Play longer notes to produce ever changing tonal combinations. The Modwheel adds noise-shaped pitch modulation. Macro 1 controls LP filter cutoff, M2 adds temposynced filer modulation. M3+4 control amount of Delay/Reverb FX.

Barrel Loops
Barrel percussion recorded during a parade in Berlin, S1+2 tuned in octaves play slightly different spectral selections of the same sample, S3 tuned up yet another octave plays the whole frequency range and can be brought in with the Modwheel. Macros 1+2 control reverb amount/time, M3 adds saturation/distortion.

Cosmic Drone Split
A long dronish soundscape created with Metasynth and various filters plays in all three oscillators, each one using a different segment and spectral selection. S1+2 are mapped up to C4 (C5 in iris), S2 is mapped from C#4 (C#5) upwards. The Modwheel reduces LP filter cutoff so that the filter envelope becomes audible, it also adds distortion. Macros 1+2 control amount of Delay/Phaser FX.

Crane Impacts Split
Two samples with metal impacts I recorded in the harbour of Kaliningrad when a huge crane was discharging a ship filled with black coal. Split point is C3/C#3 (C4/C#4 in iris). The Modwheel adds very short delays with high feedback (combfiltering), tune the delays using Macro 5. Also check the other Macros to modify the sound.

Floating Beauty
A long sample created by layering different soundscapes I made for various synths and samplers and processing them with spectral plugs, granulators, reverbs and whatnot. S1+2 play different segments and spectral selections of the same soundscape. Each oscillator has a dedicated volume control (Macros 4+5), the Modwheel adds temposynced amplitude modulation to S1 and temposynced pan modulation to S2. Also check the other Macros to modify the sound.

Harbour Pad
A mysterious pad sound generated from a field recording made in the harbour of Kaliningrad. S1+2 both running in Non-Retrigger mode use the same long sample, playing different segments and spectral selections. Bring in S2 with some atonal glissando action and some hammering later in the sample using the Modwheel. Macro 1 adds temposynced amplitude modulation to S1, shift up S2 an octave (scaled in semitones) using Macro 2. M3 controls LP cutoff (inverted) M4+5 control the amount of Delay/Reverb FX.

Harmonic Entropy Split
A very dense texure created in Metasynth is used in both oscillators. S1 mapped from C3 (C4) upwards plays a very dotted selection with fast transitions and other mayhem. S2 mapped from C3 (C4) downwards plays a broader selection from the second half ot the sample. The effect section runs in Send mode, so you can add Delay FX individually to each oscillator. The Modwheel adds fast square-shaped pitch modulation, reduce the LFO speed with Macro 3. Macro 4 reduces LP cutoff, M5 adds filter modulation, M6 controls filter modulation speed. M7+8 add Chorus FX to S1+2.

Ice Mystery
S1 plays a sample recorded in the harbour of Kaliningrad during winter time, ice breaking on the water surface after a giant container ship docked at the pier, some seagulls are crying in the second half of the sample. Control the volume of the ice-water using Macro 5.
S2 plays a sample made with Metasynth by resynthesizing a vocal texture and retuning the result to a custom scale, this sample runs in Non-Retrigger mode. The Sub-oscillator adds a pitch-modulated sine wave to enhance the tonality of S2. The Modwheel adds temposynced amplitude modulation to S2. Also check the other Macros to modify the sound.

Rising Darkness Split
S1+2 are running in split mode, both using a mysterious texture made with Metasynth. Overlapping split point is C3 (C4 in Iris), both samples are running in Non-Retrigger mode. Add noise-shaped pitch modulation with the Modwheel. Check the Macro page to see how the 6 assigned Macros modify the sound.

Temple Nuns Taipei
Singing temple nuns (with some ritual background drumming) and spectators recorded in a Taipei temple. S1+2 both use the same sample, both are running in Radius RT-mode, S1 playing the inverted spectral selection of S2, root note is A#2. Each oscillator has a dedictaed volume control (Macros 3+4). Add pan modulation with M1 (x), tune S1 (scaled in semitones) using Macro 2 (y). Macros 5+6 control the amount of Delay/Reverb FX, M7 controls LP cutoff. If Radius RT mode is to heavy for your CPU (also check the 2 available quality modes for Radius RT) switch the oscillators to "Resample", then you get chipmunked nuns which are also fun to play with.

----

The price for the annual subscription has been upped to € 85 Euro, we now have 249 patches using 5.19 Gigabyte of samples.

Two Iris patches from the upcoming subscription set 38 are playing in this track:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... -iris-demo

Here is a little video improvising with the new Iris patch "Ebow Magic" from the upcoming subscription set 38:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPWdi-kzUwg

Two more patches from subscription set 38 in one track:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/p ... -patchpool

Processing a field recording - made in Beijing at Coal Mountain - with Iris. From the patchpool subscriptions series, set 38.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tfds56Yv4I

Return to “Soundware”