Iris subscription thread patchpool - fresh Iris 2 sounds

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Sampleconstruct wrote:
mandolarian wrote:Finally, an Iris patch with a romantic pitch: 'Promise her anything, but play her set no. 35'.

Will you be including your 'How to get to first bass' tutorial with the subscription? :D
ROFL - I'll try to work on such a tutorial then :)
If you could work in a patch for "Rounding Thirds" I would appreciate it. All though not as much as "Heading Home."

When we can expect new Absynth patches? It's been over a year since last (good ones) came out... :(

hueynym wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
mandolarian wrote:Finally, an Iris patch with a romantic pitch: 'Promise her anything, but play her set no. 35'.

Will you be including your 'How to get to first bass' tutorial with the subscription? :D
ROFL - I'll try to work on such a tutorial then :)
If you could work in a patch for "Rounding Thirds" I would appreciate it. All though not as much as "Heading Home."
::) - I'll put it on the wishlist.

HcDoom wrote:When we can expect new Absynth patches? It's been over a year since last (good ones) came out... :(
Wrong thread maybe? When NI releases the fixed update after more than a year with a buggy version of Absynth around, I'll have a look at my Absynth folders and see how much motivation there is left to promote this synth and the subscription.

Improvising with iris patch "Harp Delusion" from the upcoming set no. 35 in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYVlEBavSEE

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Wrong thread maybe? When NI releases the fixed update after more than a year with a buggy version of Absynth around, I'll have a look at my Absynth folders and see how much motivation there is left to promote this synth and the subscription.
But, you had no problem creating patches with ''buggy'' version till some time ago?

HcDoom wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
But, you had no problem creating patches with ''buggy'' version till some time ago?
I have not released new Absynth patches since June 2012.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Too bad I gave money than...cause, if I remember correctly, it says: life time upgrade. So I thought we will see at least one big patch library a year.

HcDoom wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Too bad I gave money than...cause, if I remember correctly, it says: life time upgrade. So I thought we will see at least one big patch library a year.
It says "unlimited subscription" and hopefully both of us will live for some time to come, you can't be too sad about the 130+ patches and the 1,6+ Gigabytes of samples you received so far.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
It says "unlimited subscription" and hopefully both of us will live for some time to come, you can't be too sad about the 130+ patches and the 1,6+ Gigabytes of samples you received so far.
And Iris has 3x more than that...

But, ok...I wish you all the luck.

I've just released subscription set 35, the link will be distributed in a minute.

Iris Subscription Set 35 uploaded on Octobre 4 - 2013 containing 7 presets (210.2 MB) including:

Harp Delusion
The sample of a sequence with flagolet notes played on the celtic harp I'm currently sampling for my MachFive 3 library Scattered Entity is used in all 3 oscillators.
The Modwheel adds aliased distortion, reduces the LP cutoff and also adds some Chorus FX. Macros 1+2 control amount/time of Delay FX, M3 adds reverb, M4 adds pitch modulation to S1+2, M5 adds pan modulation to S3.

Leader
A synth wave I programmed in Zebra is used in both oscillators with different spectral selections, both play in Non-Retrigger mode. If you set polyphony/voices to 1, you can play this sound like a monophonic lead synth. It also produces great bass drones. The Modwheel controls the LP cutoff. Macros 1+2 (x/y) control the amount of Delay/Reverb FX, M3 adds some distortion.

Mystical Garden
A very long textural sample made with Endless Series and numerous other plugs is used in all three oscillators. The Modwheel adds noise-shaped pitch modulation to all samples, Macro 1 (x) controls amount of Delay FX, inverted M2 (y) controls LP cutoff, M3 adds Chorus FX, M4 controls the speed of the chorus. Take your time with this patch as the sound needs some time to evolve.

Outskirts
Looking at a crystal clear sky in the middle of the night led to making this patch. The involved sample was produced by metasynthing the recording of a turning plastic tube which creates higher harmonics the faster you turn it. S1+2 play different spectral aspects of the same sample, S2 having a very "dotted" selection. The Sub oscillator adds a sinewave with noise-shaped pitch modulation. The Modwheel adds fast random pitch modulation to S1+2, the Iris FX are routed in "Send" mode, no Macros are assigned, so if you want to change FX, please do that on the "Mix" page.

Phoenix
S1+2 both use the sample of a timestretched single accent played on my celtic harp, S1 plays from C2 upwards (C3 in Iris) and S2 plays up to C4 (C5). S3 adds a synth sound from my good old D50 synth. If you turn the Modwheel up the filter cutoff will be controlled by the filter envelope. Macro 1 (x) controls amount of Delay FX, M2 adds temposynced amplitude modulation to S2+3 and pan modulation to S1. M3 controls the pitch of S1 scaled in semitones, +2 octaves with M3 fully up.

Singing Bowls Granular
A sequence of hits played on my new singing bowl granulated with MBand Granular with different grain settings for 3 frequency bands, furtherly processed with some other plugs. All 3 oscillators use the same long sample playing different spectral aspects and segments, S3 running in Non-Retrigger mode. Increase the volume of S2 with the Modwheel, please have a look at the Macro page to learn how the 6 assigned Macros modify the sound.

Surreal Seaside
S1 uses a sample recorded at the german sea side last year, it actually cost me a Zoom H2 as I put the recorder on a big stone only some centimetres above the water surface, after some minutes a wave decided to drown the recorder, but the recordng was well worth it. S1 doesn't react to incoming Midi notes, instead a LFO is constantly modulating the pitch. S2 plays the sample of some very denoised seagulls recorded at the same beach, these react to Midi but also have a LFO assigned to pitch. Control the modulation speed with the Modwheel. Macros 1+2 (x/y) control Delay and Reverb FX, the inverted Macro 3 controls LP cutoff.

There are now 230 patches using 4.87 GB of samples in the subscription.

Demo combining 2 Iris patches from the upcoming subscription set no. 36:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/m ... -patchpool

Demo for Iris patch "WaterPhoneDrone" from the upcoming subscription set no. 36:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/p ... -patchpool

Stepping though some Iris presets from Set No 36 in this video, I'll release these sounds later today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMSf2cnlYtk

Return to “Soundware”