Iris subscription thread patchpool - fresh Iris 2 sounds

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Singing temple monks recorded in a Seoul temple processed with Iris. From the upcoming subscription set 38:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RomB7OKRqqo

Here comes the release info for set 38:

Iris Subscription Set 38 uploaded on Decembre 15 - 2013 containing 10 presets (163.8 MB) including:

Beijing Coal Mountain
A field recording I used in my soundtrack for the cinema-documentary Trip to Asia. I recorded this at 6 am in the morning in a Beijing city park, people do their Tai Chi exercises, stand in the woods shouting and spitting, some do group exercises or dance to chinese pop-music music coming from ghetto-blasters. What a great way to start the day.
The long sample in S1 is running in Non-Retrigger mode, add distortion with the Modwheel. Macros 1+2 control amount of Delay/Reverb FX, M3 adds random pitch modulation, control the PM speed using M4.

Big Synth Split
A multisampled synth sound I programmed in Zebra, three samples split across the keyboard, root notes at C1/D3/E5 (C2/D4/E6 in Iris). Control the attack time using Macro 1 (x), add temposynced filter modulation with M2. The Modwheel decreases LP filter cutoff and adds a tad of pitch modulation. M3+4 control the amount of Chorus/Delay FX.

Bouncing Timp Madness Split
A timpani sample from my sound library Scattered Entity Vol. 1 for MachFive 3, bouncing a little rubber ball on the timpani and then movig the pedal for glissando effects. This sample was then granulated with crusherX and run through a tuned multiband combfilter (Melda). S1+2 - running in Non-Retrigger mode - are playing in split mode using the same sample with inverted frequency band selections, overlapping split point is C4 (C5 in iris). S3, only using the end of the sample, is running in "Fixed" mode, meaning it doesn't react to incoming Midi pitch, it's pitch is modulated by a random LFO. Bring in S3 with the Modwheel. Macros 1+2 (x/y) control the amount of reverb and distortion, M3 adds pitch modulation to S1+2, control the modulation speed with M4.

Dark Doom Day Split
A textural sample I made with Diversion running in split mode, all 3 oscillators using different spectral selections and segments of the same long sample, all oscillators run in Non-Retrigger mode. S1+2 are mapped from C3 (C4) upwards, S3 plays below C3 (C4). Add noise-shaped pitch modulation to S1+2 with the Modwheel. Add Delay FX with Macro 1 (x), M2 (y) controls the LP cutoff, if M2 is turned down, the envelope controlled modulation of the filter cutoff becomes audible. M3 controls the amount of Chorus FX.

Ebow Magic
A sample of playing an acoustic western guitar with an ebow which I recorded for my sound library Sonic Cinema for HALion 5. This sample was processed with various spectral and spatial tools before importing it into iris. S1+2 play different spectral aspects of the same sample, S1 running in Non-Retrigger mode. The Modwheel adds noise-shaped pitch modulation to S1. Macros 1-4 for FX control, inverted M5 controls LP filter cutoff.

Penta Chimes
Some chimes I sampled for my sound library Sonic Cinema for HALion 5, first timestretched with MachFive's IRCAM stretch mode and then transposed and retuned to a pentatonic scale with Melodyne. The 3 oscillators play different spectral selections and segments of the same long sample. the Sub-oscillator adds a synthesized waveform. Bring in S2 (playing a broader spectral selection) with the Modwheel. Macros 1+2 (x/y) control the amount of Chorus/Delay FX.

Seoul Temple Monks
Two buddhist monks performing a puja which I recorded in a Seoul temple, a recording I used in my soundtrack for the cinema-documentary Trip to Asia. One of the monks was actually singing through a little guitar amp holding a SM 58 in his hands, I was standing behind the half-open room so they wouldn't notice me too much. S1+2 are running in Radius RT mode, so the original tempo of the sample is preserved no matter what pitch you play. S1 plays almost the entire frequency range, bring it in with the Modwheel. S2 plays a more narrow spectral selection in the lower frequency range. Macros 1+2 (x/y) control the amount of distortion and the HP filter cutoff, M3 controls the amount of reverb, M4 adds random pitch modulation which is somewhat synced to the rhythm of the singing and percussion.

Sousa Drone Split
A sousaphone sample (singing a vocal interval over a deep root note) which i recorded for my sound library Sonic Cinema for HALion 5, first timestretched with MachFive's IRCAM stretch mode and then spatialized with various plug-ins. S1+2 are mapped up to C3 (C4 in Iris), S3 plays from C3 (C4) upwards. S1+3 are running in non-Retrigger mode. Add temposynced amplitude modulation to S1+2 with the Modwheel. Macros 1+2 (x/y) control the amount of Delay/Reverb FX, M3 controls the HP cutoff, M4 adds Chorus FX.

Spectral Orchestra
A recording made backstage during an orchestral rehearsal, processed with various GRM tools and retuned with Melodyne. All 3 oscillators use the same sample playing different spectral aspects and segments. The Modwheel adds subtle pitch modulation, Macros 1+2 (x/y) control the amount of Delay/Chorus FX, M3 controls reverb amount, the inverted M4 controls LP cutoff.

Wahwah Trombone Split
Trombone with Wahwah mute performing an accel/rit with the Wahwah vowels, a sample recorded for my sound library Sonic Cinema for HALion 5. S1+2 both use the same sample, overlapping split point is C4 (C5 in iris), S2 is running in Non-Retrigger mode. Add random pitch modulation with the Modwheel, control the modulation speed with Macro 3. M1+2 control the amount of Delay/Reverb FX, M4 adds aliased distortion, modulate the tone of the aliasing with Macro 5.

----

The Iris subscription library now contains 259 patches using 5.35 Gigabyte of samples. The price is still discounted at 20% through Decembre 31 and will be raised on January 1st.

After almost 3 weeks of forum update time, here are some demos and vids which have been created in the meantime. The next set is due very soon.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/w ... xture-iris

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/n ... -ride-iris

----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cp7c2NVodA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuCfsjZ4vRc

Three Iris patches from the upcoming subscription set 39 in a rather dark, experimental track. All sounds are derived from field recordings. The same instance of B2 reverb on a Send Bus was used for all 3 sounds.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/m ... -mix-in-b2

Here comes the release info for set 39:

Iris Subscription Set 39 uploaded on January 10 - 2014 containing 10 presets (253.4 MB) including:

Crane Impacts
All 3 oscillators use a sample recorded in the russian harbour of Kaliningrad while a huge crane was unloading a container ship. S1 plays a metal impact follwed by the voice of a harbour worker. S2+3 play very narrow spectral selections of the surrounding harbour environment, S2 running in Non-Retrigger mode. Each oscillator has it's dedicated volume control (Macros 3-5), Macros 1/2/6/7 control the involved Iris effects. The Modwheel adds pitch modulation to S1+2.

Crane Monster
All 3 oscillators use a sample recorded in the russian harbour of Kaliningrad inside a huge crane unloading a container ship. I just gave the camera man my Zoom as the cabin was too small for all of us and he put it next to the crane conductor, we got banned from the harbour for filming this after the shooting.
S1 plays a very narrow (and mysterious) spectral selections of very high background noises, S2 play more accentuated noises from this sample. S3 running in "Fixed" mode (no Midi pitch response) plays the full spectral selection backwards/forwards from the end of the long sample, bring in S3 using the Modwheel. The pitch of S3 is constantly modulated ny a noise-shaped LFO. The Modwheel also adds noise-controlled pitch modulation to S1. Macros 1-4 control the amount of the involved Iris effects.

Darker Day Split
A long sample/soundscape made by processing some natural cello harmonics/flageolets and a sousaphone accent at the end of the sample with ÜberMod. The cello part in S1 plays up to C4 (C5 in Iris), the sousaphone sound plays from C4 upwards. The Modwheel adds temposynced amplitude modulation to both sounds. Macro 1 (x) controls Delay FX amount, M2 (y) controls LP cutoff, M 3+4 control Chorus FX amount/speed.

FilterQuencer Split
A sequence I made with Spectral using a sound from my soundset Spectral Excursions, processed with ÜberMod synced delays. S1+2 both use the same sample with different spectral selections, both oscillators run in Radius RT mode, so the tempo is fixed to the original tempo of 120 BPM. Switch the oscillators to "Resample" if you want normal sampling behaviour (time follows pitch). Macros 1+2 control amount of Distortion/Reverb FX.

Folk Beings Split
A rather mysterious soundscape is used in this patch, a processed field recording of russian folk music performed by three dancing girls during the end-of-winter-party in the russian city of Cheylabinsk. I stretched a snippet of this recording, and processed the high and low frequency bands differently using various plugins inside RX 3. S1+2 play up to C4 (C5 in Iris), S3 plays from C#4 (C#5) upwards, running in Non-Retrigger mode and looping backwards/forwards. Bring in S2 using the Modwheel. Add random pitch modulation to S1 using Macro 3, control the modulation speed with M4. Check the Macro page to learn how the other assigned controllers affect the sound. Play long notes to fully explore the mysterious atmosphere of this patch.

Resynthesized Meta Bowl
The involved sample was produced by resynthesiszing a percussive singing bowl sound in Metasynth and playing back the resynthesized data with another singing bowl accent, manpulating the tuning and length of the harmonic content. S1+2 both use the same sample playing different segments and spectral selections, S1 runs in Non-Retrigger mode. The sub-oscillator adds a modified sine wave with some pitch modulation, bring in the sub using Macro 4. The FX section runs in Send-mode, add Chorus FX with Macro 1 (x), change the delay time for nice pitch modulation effects using M2 (y). M3 adds distortion to S2, M5 controls the reverb send. This patch can produce some amazing subbass frequencies too.

Rooftop Violinist Beijing
The involved field recording was recorded on the rooftop of a bell tower in the city of Beijing, there was a young woman standing there practising on her violin, probably a music student. I recorded her secretly from the distance, in the background there is the crazy traffic of Beijing going on. When she noticed me she blushed and ran away. S1 plays the isolated violin spectrals, S2 plays the inverted frequency selection of that section, bring in S2 (and the full sonic picture) using the Modwheel. S3 plays the end of the sample with a broad spectral selection, control the volume of S3 using Macro 3. Macro 1 (x) adds pitch modulation to S1+2, control the modulation speed with M2 (y). M4 controls amount of Delay FX.

Spectral Mantra Split
A dronish soundscape is used in both oscillators, S1 is mapped up to C3 (C4 in Iris) playing the bass range and some narrow spectral selection in the very high range, S2 is mapped from C3 (C4) upwards and plays a broader frequency seletion without the bass frequencies. Add temposynced pitch modulation to both oscillators using the Modwheel. Macros 1-3 control the involved Iris effects, M4 introduces a filter envelope assigned to the LP cutoff.

Vastness
This is the sort of sound I hear when looking into the clear sky at night. A long dronish soundscape made with a variety of plugins is used in all three oscillators. All oscillators are running in Non-Retrigger mode. The Modwheel adds temposynced amplitude modulation to S2+3. Macro 1 (x) controls amount of Delay FX, M 2 controls the cutoff of the HP filter, M 3+4 control amount of Chorus FX/Chorus speed.

Waterphone Gong Texture
The involved sample was made by tremolating on the bottom of a waterphone with a soft gong beater which sounds similar to a Thai Gong. S1 plays a more narrow spectral selection, S2 plays the entire frequency range and is tuned an octave lower. Tune it up two octaves using Macro 2 (y). Add noise-shaped pitch modulation to S1 using the Modwheel. Please check the Macro page to learn how the other 6 assigned Macros affect the sound.

----

There are now 269 patches including 5.6 GB of samples in this subscription. The price was upped to € 90 EUR.

Time for a new set, here comes a demo for "Inside Piano Scape" from the upcoming subscription set no. 40:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/i ... -iris-demo

Two fresh Iris patches from the upcoming subscription set in one ambient demo:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... -iris-demo

Here are four fresh Iris patches from set no. 40 in one demo - 100% Iris:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/t ... -patchpool

Here are the release notes for set 40:

Iris Subscription Set40 uploaded on February 8 - 2014 containing 9 presets (201.2 MB) including:

Cloud Cosmos
A long granulated harp texture from Scattered Entity processed with various applications is used in all three oscillators. S1+3 have a very punctual spectral selection applied, S2 is playing a more broad and noisy selection. Control the volume of S2 using Macro 5. Inverted Macro 6 controls LP filter cutoff. The other Macros control FX. The Modwheel adds fast random pitch modulation to S1+2. S3 plays in Non-Retrigger mode.

Cold World Split
Electronic texure produced with Spectral and ÜberMod, S1+2 both use the same sample playing different segments and spectral selections. Overlapping split point is C3 (C4 in Iris). Modwheel adds temposynced pitch modulation. Macro 1 (x) controls amount of Delay FX, M2 (y) controls LP filter cutoff, M3 adds aliasing/distortion.

Conjuring Drone Split
The long sample used in this patch was produced by sending a physically modelled string texture into a multiband convolution reverb, using a different IR for each band: a female vocal cloud in the lowest band, a trombone texure played with plunger mute in the middle band and an electronic texture made with Cosmosƒ in the highest band. The sample has 2 sections, section 1 layered with different spectral selections in oscillators 1+2 - the sound while the impulse was playing, section 2 used in S3 - the decay phase after the release of the impulse, where only the 3 responses play to their respective end points.
All oscillators play in Non-Retrigger mode. S1+2 have dedicated volume controls (Macros 3+4), as S2 is tuned an octave lower by default you can tune it up using Macro 6. M2 (y) controls LP filter cutoff, the other Macros control various FX. The Modwheel adds temposynced amplitude modulation (2 against 3 in the lower hald of the keyboard). Overlapping split point is C4 (C5 in Iris).

Glassgong Texture Split
This patch uses a long texture produced by mixing granulated glass sounds from Sonic Cinema with granulated Thai Gong sounds from Scattered Entity and processing this mixture with various apps. S 2+3 are layered in the lower half of the keyboard, forming a very tonal more electronic sound, mapped up to C3 (C4 in Iris), S2 playing in reverse and Non-Retrigger mode. S1 - a tinkling glass texture - plays from C#3 (C#4) upwards. S1 is a very long segment so play long notes if you want to hear it all. The Modwheel reduces LP filter cutoff and adds some distortion. Macro 3 adds pitch modulation to S1 (upper sound), control pitchmod speed with M4. M5 adds square shaped pitch modulation to S2, control mod speed with M6. The other Macros control various FX.

Grain Meditation
A meditative electronic texture is used in all three oscillators, S1+2 running in Non-Retrigger mode, are layered in the lower half of the keyboard, control the volume of S2 playing a broader spectral selection with Macro 3. The oscillators overlap between C3-C4 (C4-C5 in Iris), above C4 (C5) only S3 plays. Add temposynced random pitch modulation using the Modwheel. Moving Macro 2 (y) upwards introduces temposynced, random filter modulation. M1+4 control amount of Delay/Reverb FX.

Inside Piano Scape Split
The long textural/rhythmical sample used in this patch was produced by playing/treating an upright piano with two players, one player (me) playing on some very low keys (left hand) and inside the piano (right hand), the other player only playing inside the piano picking strings with fingers and coins. S1 plays up to C4 (C5 in Iris), S2+3 are layered playing from C4 (C5) upwards, S3 having the inverted spectral selection of S2. By turning up the volume of S3 using Macro 3, you will get the full sonic picture of the sound. The Modwheel introduces noise-shaped pitch modulation. Macro 1 (x) controls amount of Delay FX, use M2 (y) for delay modulation effects. M4-8 control various other FX parameters.

Stick Guitar
This patch uses 3 multisamples from Warped Strings for Alchemy, playing an acoustic western guitar with drumsticks. No spectral selection was made, so Iris is just being abused as a sample player in this case. Add pitch modulation using the Modwheel. The samples are looped back and forth so play some long notes for reverse effects. By turning Macro 2 (y) down, the filter cutoff is controlled by it's enevelope and the filter resonance is increased. M3+4 control attack/release time, the other Macros control various other FX.

Tokyo Etnoparty Split
Field recording made in a Tokyo city park on a Sunday afternoon during a public celebration, people drumming, playing flutes, cheering, dancing. The long loop is used in three keyboard zones, each one playing a different spectral selection. All samples run in Non-Retrigger mode. S2 plays up to C3, root C2 (C4/C3 in Iris) – S2 C#3-C5, root C4 – S3 C#5 upwards, root C6. The Modwheel controls the amount of Delay FX with very short delay times at a high feedback setting, sounding combfilter-like. Add pitch modulation with Macro 4, control modulation speed with M5. M3 controls release time, M1+2 (y/y) control amount of Distortion/Reverb FX.

Trombone Plunger Stretchdrones
A granulated trombone texture played with plunger mute from Sonic Cinema, extremely timestretched and manipulated, root notes at F2 (F3 in Iris). Each oscillator plays a different segment from the long sample, there are dedicated volume controls for each oscillator (Macros 3-5), Macro 1 (x) introduces slow amplitude modulation with slightly different LFO speeds for each oscillator so you can achieve evolving, always changing layerings. The Modwheel reduces LP filter cutoff, M2 (y) controls attack time. M 6-8 control amount of distortion/distortion tone and amount of Delay FX.

----

There are now 278 patches including 5.81 Gigabyte of samples in the subscription, the price remains at € 90 EUR. I'll send out the links in a minute.

Here is a track combining three fresh Iris patches from the upcoming set no. 41:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... -iris-demo

"Ionian Ladder" from set 41:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucIedrpzyI0

Here is another track, rather dark, combining three new patches from set 41, one of the Iris instances uses some VVVerb (the voice-like patch, this is a melodyned shopping mall-crowd, tuned to a minor scale and timestretched, then spectralized in Iris):

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... -patchpool

Using a field recording made at a Tokyo train station in this patch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df-MZfaGnOY

Demo for iris patch "Frozen Field Split" from the upcoming subscription set 41.
This patch uses a sample with an excerpt from a live performance of one of my orchestral works.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/f ... -iris-demo

Here comes the release-info for set 41:

Set41 uploaded on March 1 - 2014 containing 9 presets (226.8 MB) including:

Cerberus Split
In the lower half of the keyboard there is a drone sound playing, mapped up to C3 (C4 in Iris), made with sounds I programmed in Spectral and HALion 5. This sound is split up into 2 frequency bands (S1+3), control the volume of each band using Macros 3+4, add amplitude modulation to S1+2 with Macro 5, M6 controls amp mod speed. From C#3 (C#4) there is a mysterious sample with processed glass samples playing in S2, add noise-shaped pitch modulation to the glass scape with M7, control the speed of the noise generator with M8. All samples play in Non-Retrigger mode. M1+2 (x/y) control the amount of Chorus and Delay FX.

Frozen Field Split
This patch uses a sample with an excerpt of a live-performance of one of my orchstral works. S1 - mapped from C3 (C4 in Iris) upwards, root note at D#5 (D#6) - has vary narrow spectral selection of the first, calm half of the sample, the segment in S2 begins with a dark brass line, the main theme of this piece and then dissolves into spectral-ness. Both samples play in Non-Retrigger mode. The x/y-pad (M1+2) controls distortion amount/tone, the Modhweel reduces LP filter cutoff. Add temposynced amplitude modulation to each sample individually using Macros 3+4. M 5+6 control amount of Delay/Reverb FX.

Ionian Ladder Split
The sample used in this patch was made with Endless Series and some other plugins. All oscillators use the same sample playing different segments and spectral selections, the selection in S2 is particularly punctual.
S1 is mapped up to C3 (C4 in Iris), S2 plays from C3 upwards. S3 - reversing the second half of the sample with a full frequency range - plays over the entire range, it has a LFO assigned to it's amplitude, control the overall volume of S3 with Macro 6 and the modulation speed with M7. The other Macros 1-5 control various FX parameters. The Modwheel introduces square-shaped pitch modulation to S1+2, +/- 1 octave with the wheel fully engaged.

Modelled Hypno Glass
The sample used in all 3 oscillators is a glassbell-like texure programmed in Chromaphone and processed with various pitch-shifters, delays and reverbs. The Modwheel adds random pitch modulation to S1+2. The x/y-pad controls amount/character of the Chorus FX, the inverted Macro 3 controls LP filter cutoff. Introduce amplitude modulation with M4, control modulation speed with M5, M6 controls amount of Reverb FX. The samples in S1+3 play in Non-Retrigger mode.

Shopping Crowd In Minor Split
A field recording i made in a Hongkong shopping area (Mongkog, it's crazy there), mainly people shouting, yelling, laughing. This recording was melodyned, all pitches tuned to a harmonic minor scale with all modulations removed and then extremely timestretched. S1 uses the first half of the sample with a broader spectral selection, mapped up to F3 (F4 in Iris), root note at F2 (F3). S2 playing from F#3 (F#4) upwards uses a more punctual spectral selection in the second half of the sample. This can be quite a hypnotic patch when you let the sounds play over a longer period of time.
The Modwheel adds distortion (recommended), Macros 1+2 control amount of Delay/Reverb FX, M3 introduces noise-shaped pitch modulation, M4 controls HP filter cutoff. Happy shopping!

Spectral Float Split
Processed scraping sounds performed on a Tamtam. The same sample is used in both oscillators, S1 playing from C3 (C4 in Iris) upwards, and S2 from C3 downwards. The Modwheel shifts the cutoff of the HP filter and adds distortion. The x/y-pad controls amount of Delay/Reverb FX, M3 intorduces pitch modulation, M4 controls pitch mod speed.

Spectral Scrapes
Spectralized scraping sounds performed on a Tamtam. The same sample is used in both oscillators, S2 playing the inverted spectral selection of S1. The Modwheel shifts between S1+2. The x/y-pad controls amount of Delay/Chorus FX, M3 intriduces temposynced amplitude modulation (2 against 3).

Transportation Music
A field recording I made in a Tokyo train station, standing next to a ticket machine and the barriers passengers have to pass to access the platforms. The same sample and spectral selection is used in both oscillators, S2 having an offset of about 12 seconds. Control the volume of S2 using Macro 3. The x/y-pad controls amount and time of Delay FX, play with it for introducing some crazy transitions between comb-fltering and pitch mayhem. Add pitch modulation to each sample individually and control the mod speed using Macros 4+5 for S1 and M 6+7 for S2. M8 controls amount of Reverb FX. The Modwheel adds clipping distortion (recommended).

Waterphone Harmonics Split
A long scape made with processed waterphone sounds is used in all three oscillators, each osc playing a different segment. S1+2 are layered playing up to C4 (C5 in iris), S3, mapped from C#4 (C#5) upwards, plays the second half of the sample backwards/forwards. Macros 1-4 control various FX parameters, M5 adds pitch modulation to S1+2, M6 controls the attack time of S1+2. The Modwheel reduces LP filter cutoff and adds distortion.

----

There are now 287 patches including 6.03 GB of samples in this subscription. The price has been raised to € 95 EUR.

Return to “Soundware”