Iris subscription thread patchpool - fresh Iris 2 sounds

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Fresh demo for Iris patch "Harp Wonder" from the upcoming subscription Set No. 23 - made from a processed recording with (real) harp playing flagolet style from one of my recent compositions - all modulations played in real time:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/h ... -iris-demo

Soma Zoo - ambient soundscape made with 2 fresh Iris patches from the upcoming set:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... -patchpool

Woo hoo, barely scratched the surface of my recent subscription and the next installment is on the way. I have enjoyed the patches that I have played with and can't wait until next month when I will have some time to devote to Iris.

scook wrote:Woo hoo, barely scratched the surface of my recent subscription and the next installment is on the way. I have enjoyed the patches that I have played with and can't wait until next month when I will have some time to devote to Iris.
Thank's - if you're enjoying the surface you will also like what's beneath the surface :)

Iris Subscription Set 23 is online now, I will send the link around to all subscribers later tonight.

Iris Subscription Set 23 - uploaded on February 25 - 2013 containing 7 presets (167.8 MB).
With the release of this set I'm skipping the "MW - xy Macros" in the patch titles, it just clutters the preset browser and by reading the descriptions and looking at the Macro page in each patch you should all be able to understand, what the Controllers do.

Fantasy Space
The involved sample was made by sending the improv with one of my Alchemy patches into a space made with B2.
S1+2 play different aspects of the same sample, bring in S2 with the Modwheel. Both samples play in Non-Retrigger mode.
7 Macros are assigned, please check the Macro page to see what's happening there.

Harmonic Festival
First I made a patch in Absynth sending a processed field recording of a pedestrian zone through it's incredible (tuned) Supercomb filters. Then I played some notes and tweaked the Comb controls and granulated the result with crusherX. S1-3 play different aspects of the same long sample, S2/3 run in Non-Retrigger mode. The inverted Mowheel controls the LP filter cutoff.
Macros 1+2 control amount/speed of temposynced pitch modulation in S1+3, Macro 3 shifts the pitch of S2 down an octave. Effcts run in Send Mode.

Harmonic Sweeper
A spectral drone made with Metasynth by...too convoluted to explain. S1+2 running in Non-Retrigger mode are panned hard left right, playing the same sample and spectral selection with an offset.
Modwheel controls LP filter cutoff, 6 Macros are assigned, check the Macro page please.
Works well for deep drones and chord playing in the higher ranges alike.

Harp Wonder
The processed recording of a harp playing a snippet from my recent orchestral composition Doktrin der Ruhe in flagolet style.
S1-3 all play different aspects of the same long sample, bring in S2 (running in Radius RT mode) with the Modwheel. S1 plays in Non-Retrigger mode.
6 Macros are assigned, please check the Macro page.

Penguin Kids
A field recording I recorded in the Mannheim zoo of bathing penguins, screaming/talking children/parents and background activities (birds, planes).
S2 running in Non-Retrigger mode plays a spectral selection of the screaming penguins while being fed with stinky fish, S1 plays adult voices and a shouting child.
The Modwheel adds random pitch modulation to the penguins and a fast pitch mod to the voices.
6 Macros are assigned, please check the Macro page.

UberThunder
S2 plays the sample of a metal thundersheet I recorded in an open air sculpture park in Dresden. It plays in one shot mode, so it doesn't loop.
S1 plays a long, metasynthed derivative of that sample made by resynthing it in Metasynth and playing back the manipulated/stretched spectral content with a multi sampler using strange noises I made by improvising with UberMod processing short noise bursts.
Modwheel adds distortion, Macros 1+2 control the Delay FX, M3 ads pitch mod to S1, Macro 4 controls Reverb Mix.
S1 plays in Non-Retrigger mode so you can play overlapping legato notes to reach the end of the sample while re-triggering the thundrous attack.

Vowel Synth
2 samples made by tweaking an imported waveform in Diversion's wave editor in real time and recording the output to disk. Great sound for deep drones, chords work well too though.
The Modwheel adds different flavours of pitch modulation to S1+2, five Macros are assigned, please check the Macro page.

Just love the descriptions of the sounds. I'm looking forward to this!
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Just love the descriptions of the sounds. I'm looking forward to this!
Link was sent out a minute ago.

And is duly downloaded!

Iris is great and inspiring to work with, a whole world of sound possiblities opens up..

Exciting times..

Thanks for set 23 whew!
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

As this is developing into a FAQ:
The price for renewing your subscription for another year will be the difference between the amount you paid when initially subscribing and the current subscription price. So if you subscribed at a point when the subscription cost € 20 Euro, you would now pay € 25 at this moment in time to subscribe for another year.

That's a very novel pricing scheme and very commendable. Nice one!

macprovideo, groove3 etc .... are you paying attention ? :-)

Sampleconstruct wrote:As this is developing into a FAQ:
The price for renewing your subscription for another year will be the difference between the amount you paid when initially subscribing and the current subscription price. So if you subscribed at a point when the subscription cost € 20 Euro, you would now pay € 25 at this moment in time to subscribe for another year.
Hi Simon

that sounds very fair

will you invoice us when our subs are up?

lnikj wrote:That's a very novel pricing scheme and very commendable. Nice one!

macprovideo, groove3 etc .... are you paying attention ? :-)
Thank's for the approval :)

aMUSEd wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:As this is developing into a FAQ:
Hi Simon

that sounds very fair

will you invoice us when our subs are up?
Well, I'd rather have people contact me, as some subscribers might not want to renew their subscription, some might have already sold iris again and I don't want to spam people other than with my Newsletters.
But I will make a note on the Iris list, that you would like to renew, then I'll invoice you via paypal.

Yeah it's just that I might not have remembered when I first subscribed and when it needed to be renewed otherwise, but I just went back through my emails and saw it was late April.

Here is a new track combining 4 Iris patches from the upcoming subscription set no. 24:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/f ... artet-demo

Return to “Soundware”