Iris subscription thread patchpool - fresh Iris 2 sounds

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

I just checked as well, and mine was on May 1st. So, I guess I still have a little time. I've been thinking about it so hopefully I won't forget, but we also have a lot of things going on right now, so it's possible that I might be sidetracked. I love having the subscription because it's like periodically getting a little present when the email announcement shows up in the inbox and playing with the new sounds is always a fresh burst of inspiration!

I would also love getting a reminder and invoice if that isn't any trouble.

I have no intention of selling Iris and your sounds are a big part of that equation! I do hope that Izotope and GForce continue developing and enhancing it. I'm not holding my breath, but keeping positive.

Iris is also partly one of the reasons I finally picked up one of those portable Zoom recorders.

So I feel like there are still entire worlds to explore when it comes to Iris. :)
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Sequent wrote:I just checked as well, and mine was on May 1st. So, I guess I still have a little time. I've been thinking about it so hopefully I won't forget, but we also have a lot of things going on right now, so it's possible that I might be sidetracked. I love having the subscription because it's like periodically getting a little present when the email announcement shows up in the inbox and playing with the new sounds is always a fresh burst of inspiration!

I would also love getting a reminder and invoice if that isn't any trouble.

I have no intention of selling Iris and your sounds are a big part of that equation! I do hope that Izotope and GForce continue developing and enhancing it. I'm not holding my breath, but keeping positive.

Iris is also partly one of the reasons I finally picked up one of those portable Zoom recorders.

So I feel like there are still entire worlds to explore when it comes to Iris. :)
Thank's for the great feedback, Wes - I have made a note in the Iris list and will notify you when your subscription expires. I'll probably just send a paypal invoice then, if that's ok with you.

I feel the same about Iris, whenever I create a new patch I find it fascinating to explore the spectral content of a sample, sometimes it seems like a little miracle when totally new sounds unfold from the spectral selection...

Simon I would also like to receive a renewal prompt or invoice when due - Thanks

don1thedon wrote:Simon I would also like to receive a renewal prompt or invoice when due - Thanks
Sure, will do Don, but you only subscribed in Novembre during the Novembre bundles campaign - so there is plenty of time.

Experimental track combining 3 fresh Iris patches from Set No. 24 which I will releases within the next few days:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... t-machines

Here comes the info for Iris Subscription Set No. 24 which I am just uploading, links will be sent out in a minute after I doublechecked the download.

Iris Subscription Set 24 - uploaded on March 17 - 2013 containing 7 presets (158.5 MB) including:

Broken Piano Music
A sample from my SoundPack Piano Destruction, beating the strings of a destroyed thus broken piano with soft mallets, playing a little melancholic sequence.
S1-3 play different segments and spectral selections of the same sample., S1+2 running in Non-Retrigger mode. Bring in S3 - a mysterious spectral glissando - with the Modwheel.
Macro 1 adds noise-controlled pitchmod to S1+2, Macro 2 adds distortion to S1+2.

Cello Harmonics Split
Two samples from my SoundPack Experimental Cello - one pure and one processed - play in S1+2, both running in Non-Retrigger mode.
S1 is mapped from the bottom up to C3 (C4 in Iris), S2 plays from C3 (C4) upwards.
The sample in S2 is quite long, so play longer notes to fully explore this sound. The inverted Modwheel reduces the LP filter cutoff, as the filter is operating pre-FX, the unfiltered signal is still sent into the FX when the MW is down. 5 Macros are assigned, please check the Macro page.

Grainloops
The involved sample is actually a muted piano sound, a snippet from a live-recording from a concert I played in a gallery. I processed this little loop with various granulators.
S+2 play different segments and spectral selections of the same sound. S1 plays in Non-Retrigger mode.
S2 has a strong pitch modulation assigned, increase the mod speed with the Modwheel.
Macros 1+2 control Delay FX. This patch can produce some incredible sub-bass frequencies.

Granular Cutlery
The sample was made by first improvising chaotically with cutlery from my kitchen and then granulating the recording. S1 play a very "dotted" spectral selection of this sample, S2 plays almost the entire frquency spectrum, bring it in with the Modwheel. Add square-shaped LFO modulation to S1 with Macro 1 (x), control the LFO speed with Macro 2 (y). M3 adds Reverb, M4 adds aliased distortion.

Hugeness
The involved long sample was made by layering chords with sounds I made in Alchemy, Padshop Pro and Diversion. S1-2 play different spectral aspects of the same sample. S1+2 run in Non-Retrigger mode. The Modwheel adds temposynced amplitude modulation to all oscillatiors, all running at different speeds.
M1 (x) controls LP filter cutoff, M2 (y) adds filter modulation. M3+4 for Phaser and Delay Mix.

Spectral Cutlery
Another processed cutlery improvisation, this time spectralized with various tools, resulting in a big SciFi soundscape.
S1-3 all play broad frequency selections from different segments of the same sample.The Modwheel adds pitch modulation to all oscillators, each running at slightly different speeds.
M1 (x) controls HP cutoff, M2 (y) adds a fast flange-FX. M3 adds a long stereo delay.

Tokyo Tickets
Stochastic mystery - I recorded the involved sample in the Tokyo subway, bleeping ticket machines, some pedestrians talking and more general subway ambience. S1+2 spectrally focus on the bleeps, using a very narrow seletion to enhance them. S3 adds a broad selection of the same sample, bring it in with Macro 3. All samples run in Non-Retrigger mode. Add random pitchmod to S1+2 with the Modwheel, control the LFO speed with Macro 4. M1+2 control Delay Mix/Rate, M5+6 control Reverb Mix/Size.

Enjoy the sounds please.

Subscription price has been upped to € 50 Euro.
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
don1thedon wrote:Simon I would also like to receive a renewal prompt or invoice when due - Thanks
Sure, will do Don, but you only subscribed in Novembre during the Novembre bundles campaign - so there is plenty of time.
I know but you have to make plans for the good things in life ... 8)
Looking forward to this latest addition.

don1thedon wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
I know but you have to make plans for the good things in life ... 8)
Looking forward to this latest addition.
That's true :)
S.

Very cool stuff!

lightsfadelow wrote:Very cool stuff!
Cheers :)

Here is a wondrous track using (not only) Iris subscription patches - posted by an Iris subcriber on Soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/symetrk/spectralysis

Wondrous indeed superb texture

Demo for Iris patch "Vase Duo" from the upcoming Subscription Set No. 25 - derived from the sample of tremolating with soft mallets on a ceramic vase. I also multisampled this vase (up to 10X Round Robin) and will make some Alchemy patches with it:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/v ... -patchpool

Nice ambiance Simon.

lightsfadelow wrote:Nice ambiance Simon.
Thank you :)

Return to “Soundware”