free BIGTONE soundset for synth1

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i'll be uploading a jarre sound soon... when i'm not so frckin drink as i' m now... :D
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

When you download a preset bank u hope it will be a decent one (and hopefully more than just decent).This is just amazing man.Thanks a lot.The patches are class,and the sound quality is very good ! :)
Music is the essence of life.

https://www.srvmusicmaker.com/

I'm getting my brother into synths - this is a nice introduction to how nice freeware can sound. Thanks, Mr Landers.
Anger is a sublimated desire for control.

ok, jarre-fans,
took a while but here you go... tried to recreate the equinoxe8 pe2000 pad from jarre... didn't really nail it, as he layered some other synths with it, as well as he fired it through the electric mistress... but yeah, somewhat close, listen for your self (forgive the crappy interpretation ;) ):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2633218/synth1 ... ttempt.mp3

it's patch 128.sy1, which will replace the init patch in the set. so in order to add it, you might have to manually replace the preset 128.sy1 in the zip with thisone (you need to rightclick > save as, otherwise you can't download) :

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2633218/128.sy1

have fun! :)
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

Thanks, Brok!

So good to hear talented people explore all the surprising power that Synth1 contains. It really is one of the most special little free soft-synths ever, and wonderful banks like this help prove that concept!
Much appreciated!

SciFiArtMan wrote:Thanks, Brok!

So good to hear talented people explore all the surprising power that Synth1 contains. It really is one of the most special little free soft-synths ever, and wonderful banks like this help prove that concept!
Much appreciated!
Totally :tu:

thanks guys!
btw, updated the first post for the additional jarre sound...
not everyone might want to read all the pages and might miss to update the set.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

nice brok, thanks. I particularly like the subtle bass variations.
I think some of the Sy1 magic comes from snappy envelopes and great phase control - that unison is great fun.
..what goes around comes around..

Clearly one of Synth1's best banks ever, an instant classic.

My congrats, M. Landers !

BTW, as all the great Synth1 banks programmers seem to follow that thread, does anyone know how to programm the famous "Seven cities" guitar patch, the one used In Solarstone's song (check it out Here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1j_aOZk-v4). It is said he did it with a Nordlead 1, so Synth1 should be able to come quite close to it.

Anyone got a clue ?

Tnx

ouroboros wrote:nice brok, thanks. I particularly like the subtle bass variations.
I think some of the Sy1 magic comes from snappy envelopes and great phase control - that unison is great fun.
indeed. it's the tiny things that sum up to soemthing that constantly surprises me in synth1, of which one of them is the phase control and the unison and its phase control. it's these litle things i often miss in other synths, that actually sound way better from the basics, yet they can't do what synth1 can do. not that it hasn't got its flaws, it's got a lot of shortcomings, bbut somehow what works, actually works really streamlined...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

tnkdesbois wrote:Clearly one of Synth1's best banks ever, an instant classic.

BTW, as all the great Synth1 banks programmers seem to follow that thread, does anyone know how to programm the famous "Seven cities" guitar patch, the one used In Solarstone's song (check it out Here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1j_aOZk-v4). It is said he did it with a Nordlead 1, so Synth1 should be able to come quite close to it.

Anyone got a clue ?

Tnx
hahaa, quite some time ago that i heard that song, actually completely forgot it... i always loved the melody and the harmony, but hated the production itself...
if i find the time, maybe i can squeeze thatone out of synth1.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

tnkdesbois wrote:Clearly one of Synth1's best banks ever, an instant classic.

BTW, as all the great Synth1 banks programmers seem to follow that thread, does anyone know how to programm the famous "Seven cities" guitar patch, the one used In Solarstone's song (check it out Here : [video was here]). It is said he did it with a Nordlead 1, so Synth1 should be able to come quite close to it.

Anyone got a clue ?

Tnx
it has to be said again and again, until really everyone gets it finally:
though synth1 from the basic sound is the closest of all emulations of a nordlead1, it misses the most crucial feature, that made the nordleads so desirable - the morphing feature. so if that sound in that song is made using the morphing of the nordlead, you're out of luck with emulating it with synth1.
however, i'll give it a shot as soon as i find the time...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

discovery from discodsp import nord lead sound and can morph between 4 sounds afair

brok landers wrote: it has to be said again and again, until really everyone gets it finally:
though synth1 from the basic sound is the closest of all emulations of a nordlead1, it misses the most crucial feature, that made the nordleads so desirable - the morphing feature. so if that sound in that song is made using the morphing of the nordlead, you're out of luck with emulating it with synth1.
however, i'll give it a shot as soon as i find the time...
would it be possible to design faked morphing presets using
two instances of synth1, where the release of the envelopes in
a preset in the first instance, was designed to work with the attack
of a mated preset in the second synth1?
Cheers

What do you know; life can be very strange - and now I'm back to my old post...
Anyway, just dropped to say Thanks Mr. Brok!

Btw, you can download my InspiredByJMJ bank, from the link below, just for an inspiration :)

Have fun!

Return to “Soundware”