Can some top designers please do some banks for KHS ONE?

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

welcome to the club.

I am trying diversion mac os now for example, the synth that is raved about, finally, and it uses 4 x the cpu of ONE and i think ONE in the bass department sounds superior. Just to use an example. Diversion is amazing for atmosphere and pads but i think one is fatter.

How did kilohearts make it sound so nice without hardly any cpu?

TheoM wrote:
How did kilohearts make it sound so nice without hardly any cpu?
I actually found that using pads with high unison could be quite high on CPU but even with 8 voice unison it still does not seem to kill my CPU.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

yes but nothing like diversion, diva, is what i mean

TheoM wrote:yes but nothing like diversion, diva, is what i mean
I agree with that one...

I have also tried to compare the Unison to other synths like e.g. Largo and kHs ONE seems to sound better with that. It looks like the Spread feature works better in ONE. Maybe also the detune is different.

The waveshape mod for the Sawtooth seems to work in a comparable way to that in e.g. Saurus (in Saurus you could also use the PW knob for all waveforms).

I agree that kHs could produce a nice low end, also the simple EQ in the master section could help there.

UPDATE:

Here is an audio demo of a Synth Brass patch i just created with kHs ONE (no external FXs used):

kHs ONE - Low Brass 1

This is a demo of an Unison Lead sound i just made:

kHs ONE - Octason Lead

I'll try to post the preset files and bank files tomorrow or a bit later as soon as i have created some more sounds.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Thanks for all the kind words, people! :)

I just did a sweep through the thread and repacked the banks I found to aupresets (and single fxps) so the AU guys can try them out too. Hope I didn't miss any:

Kriminal

Teksonik

manducator
kiloHearts Developer

Also, just a little clarification... You can load FXP preset files in the AU version by right clicking the preset name, it's just FXB banks that can't be loaded. But AUPresets can be installed in the native AU preset system. :)
kiloHearts Developer

edited
Ingo Weidner

Hi,

i have just finished my first set of 37 new patches for kHs ONE:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53230726/Ingo% ... 1.2013.zip

The ZIP file contains three folders. One contains the VST bank file (.fxb), the second the Single VST patches (.fxp) and the third both an Init bank and the Init patch for the VST version.

Here is a screenshot of the patch browser that shows all included patches:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53230726/Ingo% ... nk%201.png

Currently my bank contains 4 Bass sounds, 7 Keys sounds, 4 Lead sounds, 16 Pad sounds and 6 synth sounds (those contain 4 Synth Brasses).

I'll also ask the developer about converting those to AU.

UPDATE:
Here is the repacked ZIP including the AU files (thanks to Dentoid for those):
Ingo Weidner - kHs ONE Bank 1_29.01.2013 (with AUPresets).zip

UPDATE:
Added the patches to the KVR database:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/khs-one ... /downloads

I plan to do a collection of at least 50 patches or more if possible so maybe there will be an update in the near future.

Have fun,
Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:I'll also ask the developer about converting those to AU.
Ask and ye shall receive. Hope you're okay with me repacking them into your ZIP and hosting it:

Great stuff, btw!
kiloHearts Developer

thanks man!
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Dentoid wrote:
Ingonator wrote:I'll also ask the developer about converting those to AU.
Ask and ye shall receive. Hope you're okay with me repacking them into your ZIP and hosting it:

Great stuff, btw!
Many thanks for those. Just wrote a PM to you... :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

bpblog wrote:thanks man!
You're welcome. :)

I have just created a new thread with links for my own patches and also the other links posted here at the Kilohearts KVR forum:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 57#5227957

It is possible to load those patches with the demo version, at least i could confirm this for the PC VST version. My current patches were created using the full version. The demo version for both PC and Mac is avaialable here:

http://kilohearts.com/products/one

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Another one on board.
I've just purchased One and Faturator.
Thanks to all that have uploaded presets, i'll give them a whirl.
I'll also have a go at doing some myself,can't promise they'll be much good though :hihi:

Thank you so much to everyone who posted these (and for the conversions to AU). I played around with them last night and they're great! And this whole thread really exemplifies what a community like KVR is (or at least, should be) all about!

Finally bought, installed and checked... first impression is quite nice, simple and easy to use. But not a real soundmonster.

Return to “Soundware”