Can some top designers please do some banks for KHS ONE?

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just purchased my license. I like this synth. Certainly not the most feature rich but it has it's own character and I love the liberal demo limitation. It's a pleasure to support companies like Kilo Hearts....... :)

I'll contribute at least 10 patches to a collaboration bank. Should be cool to see all the different styles...... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I just bought One at the sale price too, and I'm very pleased. I'm a beginner at softsynths, so I really appreciate that I can fiddle around in there and make my own patches without being overwhelmed by lots of inscrutable (to me) parameters. That being said, I don't think I'll have anything worthwhile to contribute to a community patchbank at this stage of my learning, but I'll be more than happy to download whatever everyone else puts together! :D (And one day, as I get better, I hope to be able to return the favor by contributing to some future bank.)

whats good about it? looks quite pricey for such a standard synth :shrug:

Not diggin' the filter envelopes i'm afraid. They appear quite lazy.

I have to say that regardless of the sound of the synth and the low CPU, the lack of quality presets is what has killed this for me, even at the sale price. My music making time is so limited these days that I want to be able to grab a preset and go - and in the mean time I have Sylenth, DUNE, and others, so without a nice set of presets this synth doesn't bring anyhting new to the table for me.

A shame, because I'm sure it's a great little thing especially at the sale price.

Just playing with the demo, It's quite nice really.

http://soundcloud.com/aiyn-zahev/khz-one-play-around

Like the saturation features. I really like their Faturator, I think it's a great sound and it looks like it's in the synth to a degree.

It could do with expansion of some features to make it more versatile.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Nice demo! And really, it made me realize, the voice in the demo is not a restriction, it's a feature! :D

Kriminal wrote:whats good about it? looks quite pricey for such a standard synth :shrug:
it's a bit too much at it's regular price but at $50 it's worth it IMO ...

i can easily answer what's good about it.. the whole point is the decent sound for the low cpu, as in, barely uses anything compared to modern synths.. and it sounds punchy.. I am all for decent sound/low cpu ratio, always have been.

Igniting interest in it with this topic will hopefully change the stalemate of average presets and get some interest for patch banks to get the best out of it.

Plus, once in a while it just feels plain good to support the nice indi devs.

I am not saying it's a game changer, but for bass and lead particularly, along with curve 2 it would now be my first port of call when i want a cutting punchy clean sound that doesn't specifically sound analog.

Tweak the presets and create your own sounds!! That's what kHs One is designed for. :wink:

Sorry to carry on leading this thread off topic, but I just have to praise kHs ONE. :wheee:

Was using kHs One last night on a track I had just started. For ten minutes I tweaked a preset I had previously made on kHs ONE whilst playing with the ARPG8R arpeggiator plugin and adjusting the KHs ONE's send levels to an Audio Damage Dubstation that I was already using on the drums. I came up with a trancey type synth part that I was very, very happy with. Sounds fantastic and fits into the mix very well even before I start to add EQ etc. Smile on my face at work today even though I had only 4 hours sleep. :) kHs One might be more limited in terms of features when compared to most other VSTi plugins - limited fx, no arpeggiator/sequencer etc. But why pay for these features on a VSTi when there are plugins designed to do these specific tasks? The built in fx are perfect for me - great chorus and a bare minimum, but handy, delay. If I want more fx, I send to a decent fx plugin which I can then share with other plugins and thus save CPU.

Love kHs ONE. :love: So much fun to use, sounds superb and uses very little CPU. The gorgeous GUI is perfect - everything is there infront of you clearly laid out with no need to click between various screens. Yes, sometimes I would like more modulation routing options but keeping everything to a minimum means I have a VSTi with which I can create sounds that I want in no time at all because I am not distracted by endless tweaking plus I still have plenty of CPU left over for other plugins.
Last edited by hesnotthemessiah on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

edit
Last edited by Kriminal on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks!

thanks Kriminal!
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

TheoM wrote:Thanks!
Wait till you've heard them before you say things like that :hihi:

Kriminal wrote:whats good about it? looks quite pricey for such a standard synth :shrug:
$49 is hardly pricey for anything.....I like the sound. Doesn't do anything DUNE can't do or a even a quarter of what DUNE can.........but I'm a sucker for a deal and had as much fun with it today as I would have had in the 3 minutes it would have taken me to lose $50 at the Blackjack tables........ :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
$49 is hardly pricey for anything.....I like the sound. Doesn't do anything DUNE can't do or a even a quarter of what DUNE can.........but I'm a sucker for a deal and had as much fun with it today as I would have had in the 3 minutes it would have taken me to lose $50 at the Blackjack tables........ :hihi:
I didnt know it was on sale.

Return to “Soundware”