Guess the Synth 17 : Divinity 170+ presets for DIVERSION : Released

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aalto

Lotuzia wrote:first to mention
So probably no chance to win anymore anyway. :( Is there a chance of doing a random selection on your next guess the synth game somehow? Would be more motivating for the participants and more fair for the contest i guess. :)

chk071 wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:first to mention
So probably no chance to win anymore anyway. :( Is there a chance of doing a random selection on your next guess the synth game somehow? Would be more motivating for the participants and more fair for the contest i guess. :)
Hmmm Chk071, please reread my previous post. You chances to win are intact. Just vote everyday, everythins fair dont worry + there still will be a third synth to win with a question about the soundset after the synth name is revealed. :)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Oh, i didn't get that magic number stuff i see now. Sorry. :oops:

It's after midnight now here in Germany so time for my 4th guess.

My current vote goes to: Synapse Audio Dune

My other votes were obviously wrong if i understood all hints right. Another idea was FM8 which seems to be wrong too.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Lotuzia wrote:

Awsome Thumbs Up!

So what about a soundset or two for Diversion, Lotuzia?

Could be , at some time

I like this synth.
Excuse me, Dmitry :oops: :)

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

Day 5: Tone2 ElectraX

My guess for today is Electrax.

My guess for today is... Sonic Academy ANA?

There is a thing that really confuses me and make me wonder which synth could be.

-One clue was: You will be surprised about what synth is.
This makes me think that the synth doesn't have too many features so people will get surprised about it, or it is very old, or have not been released yet.

-In the another hand, there is another clue which says: "Thats several several hundreds Euros you can win ( I will not give the precise amount as it would give too much hints on the synth)"
Which makes me think that is a big one, "hundreds euros". Hmm...

I already saw all the released soundsets from Lotuzia, and my guesses are not there.
In the another hand, it is a commercial polyphonic synth that has unison, reverb, pingpong delay, portamento, legato (or pitchbend), hard sync or something very alike, wavetables or you can load into it, FM or Additive synthesis, i'm not totally sure about this...
And i'm sure that the CPU usage is low due the clue about rendering.

I have two synths yet to guess. And a new one if coming to my mind.
When is the deadline? Friday?

New day, new guess:
Harmor

Have a nice day :)

Interesting choice. Just had a look at Harmor myself this morning. Seems to fit the criteria you listed. Anyway i already had made my todays vote.

I have tested the demo of Harmor twice. I got no doubt it could be really powerful but for doing my own sounds it did not really "click" for me (as for some other synths that are highly praised at KVR).

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

fluffy_little_something wrote:What I meant is that when people (many of whom seem to know those synths they are suggesting) think all those various synths already mentioned might have been used, there obviously is no unique sound quality to most of them. A good sound designer can get very similar sounds out of different synths, as long as they are not utter crap of course. Nor do your demos feature any extraordinary sounds. That is why I think this game doesn't make much sense, I might as well play the lottery :D

Well, I'm out, adiós 8)
Well, actualy no. All synths sound different, and while some people certainly vote for the synth they want or at random because they enjoy to play, some others are analysing both the clues and the audio demos to make their choices.

Then .... you have to pay to get your chance at lottery. Did you have to pay to vote here ? No :shrug:

So that ... even as seen as a random guess .... there's only one free lottery that will allow you to win some synthesizers and some soundbanks :

And this happens here, and now.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Soundbanks for Waldorf Largo is blank!

So it's Largo

What a disgrace! :hihi:

Another soundclip, wich I quickly to demonstrate some of the aspects of this synth

Mysterioso Elektrosteps

So once again there's a drumloop and then, only this synth :

So what to hear in this clip : The first chord instrument should give you some clues about a certain module in the Synth. The second top lead should give you the following clue : This synth have several mono modes, including legato, like IDRonin :tu: perfectly deciphered it. The different dance risers are made with misc envelopes, different from the VCA and VCF enveloppes, so this synth has additonal enveloppes as well. In the 4rth part, some of you will certainly decipher a particular type of enveloppes. ( Well it could be also a ramped LFO but its not, there's a 'curve' ) Then in the last part, the noise shuffler and hit have a big reverb : You can fully appreciate the reverb at the end f the clip :)

My friends here again are not totally sure of the genre of this clip. To me this looks like simple Electro. If you have better informations, just tell me :)

Also, as promised, the information : the first winner has been found, and this synth has been mentioned at least once in this thread But ..... there's still a licence to this synth to be won. ANd there's will be a third one once the synth name has been revealed.

I'd like to thank all players, and especially the ones, like Ingo and IDRonin and many others, who share their thoughts and analysis with everybody, wich is not only fair play, but also totally in harmony with the spirit of this thread.( Well at least the spirit as I see it )

Keep on voting, and have fun !

LtZ

Return to “Soundware”