Sonic Cinema for HALion 5 released on patchpool

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HALion 7 Sonic Cinema for HALion 5

After some very intense weeks of sounddesign work, I am happy to announce the release of my first sound- and sample library for Steinberg's HALion 5.

Sonic Cinema for HALion 5

This sound library comprises dozens of cinematic soundscapes, evocative pads and musical textures designed for producing epic soundtracks, ambient music and anything that needs inspiring sonic ingredients beyond the ordinary.

Sonic Cinema also contains dark cinematic brass instruments made with/derived from sampled instruments like the sousaphone, trombone, euphonium and french horn which were exclusively multisampled for this library, mainly in a dry studio environment. Some of the french horn recordings were conducted in a church.

Then there are also sounds in this library made with/derived from a multisampled acoustic guitar played with an electric bow and you will find some beautiful and otherworldly chime and glass sounds. Scraped Tamtam sounds add another mysterious dimension to this sound collection. Some playful and complex sequencers as well as some metal impact sounds derived from field recordings complete the sonic picture.

The 92 patches combine HALions outstanding granular engine, the normal sampling mode and the very versatile synth module. Eight Macros and the Modwheel are programmed for each preset which enables the user to deeply interact with the sounds, many patches also use Aftertouch, Sphere-modulation and keyswitches. FlexPhrasers and Trigger Pads were used to create the arp and sequencer patches.

Sonic Cinema is distributed as a HALion vstsound-archive for the sample content and tagged vst-presets.

Specifications:
  • * 92 instruments/presets.
    * 3.18 Gigabyte of samples (48 khz/ 24 Bit / stereo).
    * All acoustic instrument-samples in this library were recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in L-C-R at 48 Khz/24 Bit, a U87 as the center mic and a stereo set of
    KM 184 for L-R.
    * Delivery: download - RAR-archive in 4 parts for better download handling.
    * Download size: 2.42 GB - fast download speeds guaranteed.
You can view/download the PDF for this library with more details, the licence agreement, screenshots and an extensive patchlist here.

Please note: the full version of HALion 5 is required to play the patches from this library.

Price (paypal): € 59 EUR

All demos below were produced entirely with HALion 5 using only patches from Sonic Cinema, no post-processing was applied apart from a limiter on the outputs and some volume automation if several instances of HALion were used in a track. Two of the demos use 3rd party reverb, this is mentioned in the track title.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... xperiments

Some videos with patches from this library, there are about 20 videos altogether on the product page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYsG3RqfiNA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq3xRgBlUHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T76-ca0iGtc

Thank's for reading!

Simon Stockhausen :party:

Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Fri May 23, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Bump for HALionists from overseas.

congrats Simon !

i have buy it and checked it out and from my point of view , definetly recommend for HALion 5 user !

personal i still hope in general to see more HALion 5 addon Librarys !

DrumAddict wrote:congrats Simon !

i have buy it and checked it out and from my point of view , definetly recommend for HALion 5 user !

personal i still hope in general to see more HALion 5 addon Librarys !
Thank you :)
It seems that HALion has lived in the dark for quite a while, so it's time to open the curtains and show, what this beast is capable of!

Simon, these are really nice presets for HALion - great job! It's refreshing to have a pro-sounding sample set for a sampler, other than Kontakt. Kontakt sample sets are fine, but so numerous. It sparks some creativity to be in a different tool/environment. Also, your install video on YouTube, is very helpful for getting the files in the right place. Well done!

emasters wrote:Simon, these are really nice presets for HALion - great job! It's refreshing to have a pro-sounding sample set for a sampler, other than Kontakt. Kontakt sample sets are fine, but so numerous. It sparks some creativity to be in a different tool/environment. Also, your install video on YouTube, is very helpful for getting the files in the right place. Well done!
Great feedback, thank you Ed. :tu:

Since I've been working with MachFive 3 and HALion 5 it's very hard for me to come back to Kontakt and to edit patches inside that tiny interface. I mean Kontakt has never been my main platform for sound designing, it's just too limited in it's feature set and only plays back samples, but I also find myself hardly using it anymore for my compositional work when quickly mangling my own samples around creating soundscapes or whatever else. Now I will always grab either for M5 or H5.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Now I will always grab either for M5 or H5.
I'm in the same boat. I don't have M5, but when the granular capabilities were added to H5, it just became a really powerful sound tool. There are a ton of routing and modulation destinations I'd like to see addressed in H5. But, in general it is hard to beat for sound manipulation.

I think I've said this to you before about your padshop libraries. I'm as much or more interested in the sample content than the actual patches. My own samples tend to be of a particular flavor. I love the opportunity to get someone else's flavor.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote: I think I've said this to you before about your padshop libraries. I'm as much or more interested in the sample content than the actual patches. My own samples tend to be of a particular flavor. I love the opportunity to get someone else's flavor.
There is so much stuff in that vstsound-container, should be enough mangleware for a while :)
Just note that samples from a HALion vstsound-container can not be resaved or used outside HALion (unless you resample it for your own use), that's a protection system implemented by the software, not by me.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote: I think I've said this to you before about your padshop libraries. I'm as much or more interested in the sample content than the actual patches. My own samples tend to be of a particular flavor. I love the opportunity to get someone else's flavor.
There is so much stuff in that vstsound-container, should be enough mangleware for a while :)
Just note that samples from a HALion vstsound-container can not be resaved or used outside HALion (unless you resample it for your own use), that's a protection system implemented by the software, not by me.
yep, you either explained that to me here or in an e-mail before I bought. I'm good with that. In many ways, I support the attempt of the software at protecting your work. I'm not sure how effective it is, but you deserve some level of safety.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
yep, you either explained that to me here or in an e-mail before I bought. I'm good with that. In many ways, I support the attempt of the software at protecting your work. I'm not sure how effective it is, but you deserve some level of safety.
Actually it's the first library I release which is protected in some sort of way. I've been lucky with the pirates though, only two of my numerous sets released in the last 4 years have been torrented, and those weren't even sample-based, maybe because they are not protected???

I hope you have continued good fortune on that front. I think you do a great job on the samples themselves. Very usable IMO. At least the PadShop ones were. So, I have no reason to believe these won't be. And from the demos you've posted, I have little doubt.

EDIT: I don't think people realize that sampling for sound design is different than "instrument" sampling. I know I struggled with it for quite awhile. I still don't have the skills to do it in a professional production.

Thanks man!

A post-release-bump for Saturday.

Great sound set Simon! Congratulations, there is a great deal of excellent material here, I've been particularly enjoying the granular glass patches. As I hoped, it is proving to be a good tutorial for me (and I'm sure it will be for others also) on how to work with HALion. Thanks very much for your hard work and well done!

Borealis wrote:Great sound set Simon! Congratulations, there is a great deal of excellent material here, I've been particularly enjoying the granular glass patches. As I hoped, it is proving to be a good tutorial for me (and I'm sure it will be for others also) on how to work with HALion. Thanks very much for your hard work and well done!
Thank's for the flowers, Ben :) I thought you would like the granular glasses. I'm glad I added those as a counterpart to all the big brass sounds.

Return to “Soundware”