Sonic Cinema for HALion 5 released on patchpool

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HALion 7 Sonic Cinema for HALion 5

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Borealis wrote:Great sound set Simon! Congratulations, there is a great deal of excellent material here, I've been particularly enjoying the granular glass patches. As I hoped, it is proving to be a good tutorial for me (and I'm sure it will be for others also) on how to work with HALion. Thanks very much for your hard work and well done!
Thank's for the flowers, Ben :) I thought you would like the granular glasses. I'm glad I added those as a counterpart to all the big brass sounds.
They are a perfect example of what I meant between the difference of sampling for design as opposed for instrumentation. I've already used Glass 1/2 textures and moved the range in granular to use alternate hits ... can't do that with pitch/articulation based sampling. WOOOHOO
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Simon, you got me thinking of getting Halion 5 instead of halion sonic2.
real good sounds.

bill45 wrote:Simon, you got me thinking of getting Halion 5 instead of halion sonic2.
real good sounds.
Thank's - unfortunately Halion Sonic 2 only plays sounds released by Steinberg, no access for 3rd party developers. Similar to the Alchemy or Kontakt players.

And a minor post-release bump.

Bump on early Tuesday morning.

A bump for Sonic Cinema.

1-week-post-release-bump.

Minor weekend-bumpage for Sonic Cinema.

Bump the library.

A bit late but here it is, a trailer for Sonic Cinema:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMBFahRgoNQ

Sampleconstruct wrote:A bit late but here it is, a trailer for Sonic Cinema:
These epic cinematic films are always late and over budget. That's part of their artistic charm.

Hope it does well at the box office. The KVR box office. Where discerning cinema buffs select only the finest in sound and visual design from the comfort of their air-conditioned (or heat-conditioned) (or water-conditioned) (or all-weather-conditioned) homes.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

mandolarian wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:A bit late but here it is, a trailer for Sonic Cinema:
These epic cinematic films are always late and over budget. That's part of their artistic charm.

Hope it does well at the box office. The KVR box office. Where discerning cinema buffs select only the finest in sound and visual design from the comfort of their air-conditioned (or heat-conditioned) (or water-conditioned) (or all-weather-conditioned) homes.
Well, thank you for the fine video arts, the trailer surely will help spreading the word about this library and the power of HALion 5.

As soon as I have the cash I'll be picking this up! The Granular Symphonies for Padshop are spectacular...and now this.

Simon, would you care to try to contrast Padshop Pro with Halion 5? I'm just starting to get my head around Padshop and haven't started working with Halion 5 yet. I'm still struggling with basic stuff like "where the heck did they put that other function." So many windows...so little time.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Gonga wrote:As soon as I have the cash I'll be picking this up! The Granular Symphonies for Padshop are spectacular...and now this.

Simon, would you care to try to contrast Padshop Pro with Halion 5? I'm just starting to get my head around Padshop and haven't started working with Halion 5 yet. I'm still struggling with basic stuff like "where the heck did they put that other function." So many windows...so little time.
Thank's for liking Granular Symphonies, that was a tough one to produce :)

HALion 5 is various things in one instrument:
*a fully fledged sampler with lot's of sample manipulation options, various sampling modes (different levels of oversampling for anti-aliasing like in Kontakt)
*it has Padshop's Pro granular engine but with extremely extended features, as it supports limitless granular multisampling, so you can use mutlisampled instruments with velocity layers and round robins and granulate each zone/sample individually (if you want)
*timestretching (audio warp)
*it has a very capable and good sounding synth engine (the synth behind Retrologue)
*it has a very capable organ engine (which I don't use as I don't do organ sounds)
*it has numerous good FX on board with versatile routing options (FX per Layer or on program Level, or on Aux Busses)
*it has a very good arpeggiator/sequencer (FlexPhraser)
*up to 32 separate outs per program
----
With the zone architecture it is possible to combine all synthesis methods in one patch, even different engines per key if you use velocity layers and use a different synthesis method in each velocity layer.

What I hope for is that H5 will support custom scripting in the future like Kontakt or MachFive, so that we can design our own interfaces and instruments. And I hope they will add limitless polyphonic LFO's, currently there are only 2 per zone, then you get more if you want by inserting modules on Layer level, but they are monophonic. But there are additional filter and pitch and user envelops which can also be temposynced/looped and a great step modulator (the same as In Padshop Pro)
And some more filter types would also be good. I could go on and on...

That should give you an impression.

Granular Symphonies is really special - totally unique. I love the long phrases contained within many of the patches, and varying the granular settings while playing chords can be a bit like creating different motifs. It can be really easy to produce incredibly beautiful, undulating pieces in one track with no editing or multitracking required!

Thank you so much for the detailed reply. I remember you said before that you were impressed with Halion's capabilities. I am interested in trying some sampling myself and I think I'll learn on Halion. Based on your description it is indeed a powerful synth and has many features not found in Kontakt.

You are amazingly well-versed in so many different synths. I'd love it if you did a Halion V tutorial for MacProVideo or Groove3 :wink:
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Return to “Soundware”