Commercial soundsets...always Massive and Sylenth...

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BBFG# wrote:What gets me is that most of these 'new sets' of sounds by different designers for these two synth don't amount to much more than tweaks of a previous set.
There's a good reason for that too... espcially so when a synth is so new that only beta teams would have time to make full banks, and amazingly some team comes up with a 'new' full bank. :hihi:

Xenos wrote:
BBFG# wrote:What gets me is that most of these 'new sets' of sounds by different designers for these two synth don't amount to much more than tweaks of a previous set.
Let's hope that isn't literally true :(. These days it'd be so easy to download a cracked version of someone's work, make a few tweaks, call it your own and sell it. With the sudden influx of new blood coming out the last 2 years, I'm almost positive at least someone is already doing it. Honesty is the best policy, and with all the competition out there, integrity counts for A LOT. Thankfully the bulk of my income comes from 3rd-party projects, and anything done for the online store is mainly personal enjoyment + filling in time between projects + whatever supplemental income comes from that.
Considering I like your sounds quite a bit more than I do others, and the fact that you probably have the most reasonable prices for those sets, I would think of someone cracking /tweaking/reselling your patches to be the lowest life form that not even other pirates should respect!

Not at Le Lotus Bleu at least. All presets are designed from scratch and init presets.

Btw our Massive and Sylenth soundsets ( One for each synth only irrc ) do sound different from other soundsets. And so do all our soundsets. Unique for the better or the less better, everyone can judge with the plethora of audio and/or video demos we offer for each soundset :shrug:

As for the reason why people use these synths on a massive way for particular genres or subgenres, well its just a fact in the slowly growing *sofsynth subculture*. A good synth can be used in a lot of different genres. A bad one also tbh. :hihi:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

They will make presets for people who buy presets.

Lotuzia wrote:
Not at Le Lotus Bleu at least. All presets are designed from scratch and init presets.

Btw our Massive and Sylenth soundsets ( One for each synth only irrc ) do sound different from other soundsets. And so do all our soundsets. Unique for the better or the less better, everyone can judge with the plethora of audio and/or video demos we offer for each soundset :shrug:

As for the reason why people use these synths on a massive way for particular genres or subgenres, well its just a fact in the slowly growing *sofsynth subculture*. A good synth can be used in a lot of different genres. A bad one also tbh. :hihi:
Even a sound made from 'scratch' can end up sounding so similar to other designers it could be taken as a tweak.

I dont often go 'shopping' for presets, but tbh from my limited sense of it, it seems like Massive has literally twenty soundsets to every one for any other synth.
I always assumed it was market driven, especially since every one I have ever seen I think uses the word dubstep somewhere. :shrug:
Xenos wrote:
Let's hope that isn't literally true :(. These days it'd be so easy to download a cracked version of someone's work, make a few tweaks, call it your own and sell it. With the sudden influx of new blood coming out the last 2 years, I'm almost positive at least someone is already doing it. Honesty is the best policy, and with all the competition out there, integrity counts for A LOT. Thankfully the bulk of my income comes from 3rd-party projects, and anything done for the online store is mainly personal enjoyment + filling in time between projects + whatever supplemental income comes from that.
Ive wondered about all of that.
First, good to know that 3rd party stuff keeps you busy. :tu:
But, Im sure you know, in Massive there is a function specifically designed to 'warp' a patch to be a slight variation of itself. It seems to work particularly well on exactly the kinds of sounds that dominate the Massive preset market.
I always wondered if some unscrupulous dicks might even just buy all the hottest sets, run em through that.. button, a few times, a slap together their own 'set'. Put a pack of 5000 presets on ebay...
Like, literally zero skill required. :?

Ive had similar sketchy thoughts about people creating "sample packs" through mostly automated means with all these fancy new tools.
Some of those TwistedTools ensembles could be used for good or evil. :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

While you guy are busy bullcrapping and complaining about this shit, I'm gonna step off and get the brand new "EDM Mainroom ElectroTrap Swedish Dubtrance House" soundset for Massive and Sylenth. There's gotta be something new in this soundset that isn't in the other 5,000,000 soundsets made for these two synths.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:While you guy are busy bullcrapping and complaining about this shit, I'm gonna step off and get the brand new "EDM Mainroom ElectroTrap Swedish Dubtrance House" soundset for Massive and Sylenth. There's gotta be something new in this soundset that isn't in the other 5,000,000 soundsets made for these two synths.
The really funny thing about your satire is this is how I've felt about presets in general. They can be seen as a tool used to learn by looking at the results produced by others. Useful to gather information that way, but not at all like the experience of actually doing something yourself. Even with more complex synthesizers or modulars I've rarely seen a preset where I said "whoa, how did they do that?" and wanted to study/learn from it.

Other than that I've only ever really been able to see them as a kind of cost-cutting measure. For those who don't really care about cooking their own synthesizer soup and would rather just use the canned variety.

Makes you wonder why they need so many different cans though and where might the cut-off point be where you would have been better off making your own presets instead.

In any case it is obviously dictated by what sells, what is popular and so on. No surprise there.

If you ever want to really be successful, just take a look at what you consider to be the most idiotic discussion possible. Remember countless threads about "like a virus" or "satisfaction saw" or so on. Find something like this now and put your version on the market as quick as you can. Those idiots will become your customers!
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

aciddose wrote: If you ever want to really be successful, just take a look at what you consider to be the most idiotic discussion possible.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

It's really a matter of someone with a skill taking advantage of those who lack that skill. Or alternatively it can be seen as a fair trade.

If you can produce something similar enough to convince those wanting "satisfaction saw", you've succeeded. The measurement of your success is in dollars.

(Obviously what we see as idiotic is the thought that once you have said saw, your music will instantly top the charts much like said saw's source. Unfortunately every track released in this album used the same sound and none of them but one became a chart topper. I would think that is evidence enough, although idiots disagree. Let them, if they want to pay you for the opportunity to prove themselves wrong...)
Last edited by aciddose on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Imo, Sylenth is the least synth that needs third party sound sets. The factory presets are very useful and it is very easy to make your own sounds just as good. Unlike many other synths, I don't think there are hidden depths in Sylenth which only a skilled sound designer can reach.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Xenos wrote:Anyone notice it seems the vast majority of commercial soundsets sold everywhere are for those 2 synths?
Instead of a soundbank for a synth, how about one for a genre,
based on the content of Komplete? Do five or ten patches from each
of the main Komplete synths, doll up some related Kontakt samples,
some percussion, some GuitarRig fx chains, and sell it it as
a genre-specific mini-environment?

Xenos Soundworks presents 'In-Komplete Soundz for Zydeco' :party:

etc

BBFG# wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

Even a sound made from 'scratch' can end up sounding so similar to other designers it could be taken as a tweak.
I've had, and still have, the luck and joy to manage entire teams of sound designers.

The instruments created by sound designer A were vastly different from the instruments made by SD B, C or X.

Mind you, sound designers have a story, a life, a personnality, personal interest, wich results in *a style*, and this is all reflected in the instruments they create. And this shows when you play the different instruments in various genres. Actually any genre you can think of.

----------________

And for the glorious sonic snubs here who would be tempted to impose what remains their own vision of the 'fun and interest when making music', a lot of great music have been written by people who just used presets, or tweaked them lightly - wich is all presets are made for, to be used as it, or easily modified to fit context. Even people who are considered like KB/synth wizards like JMJ, Vangelis, Stevie Wonder, Emmerson etc. You're not obliged to build your piano, the one preset machine, or your guitar, to make great music ... To make good music, and fully enjoy making it, you just have to make good music. ( or bad music but at least that you like )

Fwiw
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

highkoo wrote:I always assumed it was market driven, especially since every one I have ever seen I think uses the word dubstep somewhere. :shrug:
Just to give you some hope. Dronos Of Meta
I have not tried Sylenth so can't speak for that. As for Massive I think it offers a very flexible and straightforward way of routing (limited in a good way) and then what sets it apart imho, is the feedback feature that I've not seen or heard elsewhere. In my case I really enjoy creating soundscapes with it.
Lately I've begun to explore Absynth more in-depth. (se sign). I am stunned by the possibilities and the depths it offers, not to mention the sounds that it can produce.
There is more to come for Absynth.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

Real sound designers make butterscotch, using butter and scotch.

Return to “Soundware”