Any Interest in a New Largo Soundset?

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic

Any Interest in a new Largo Soundset?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 14

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was hoping there would be interest in a new Largo soundset. I originally overlooked this synth and only recently discovered how incredible this thing sounds. :love: Seriously, I haven't been this impressed with a synth in years, aside from rapid :D Maybe it was the stock presets I checked out that threw me off, way off, but Largo is indeed capable of some truly beautiful sounds when made from scratch, and has quite a wide range of depth for automating, ie many sweet spots. Since I don't hear it mentioned too often, and it is has been out for quite some time, I thought a thread could help me gauge the level of interest before embarking further.
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Oops. Meant to edit, not quote :dog:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Awesome, 4 votes and 88 views :) I will make the soundset :D

I already started working on it a few months ago and only recently picked it up again. I originally just wanted to test its capabilites a bit to see what it is capable of then before I know it, half the day goes by, quite addictive indeed :tu: Even if there were no votes, I probably would have made it anyway since I love the sounds its capable of :hihi: , a fun labor of love is always time well spent :love:

TTU Youtube

I agree, it's a great synth. Definitely has enough features where you won't be painted into a corner or lack for ideas lol. I'd like to release something for it as well when time allows. May I ask what kind of theme you're planning, that way I can do something completely different and not directly compete with yours?
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

I have your sets for both Dune 2 and LuSH101 and would love to hear what you come up with for Largo, as the patches I have from you are great :tu:

ftech wrote:I have your sets for both Dune 2 and LuSH101 and would love to hear what you come up with for Largo, as the patches I have from you are great :tu:
Good to hear, ftech - your enthusiasm for Touch The Universe's work deserves *at least* a bump!

Arguments abound & differences noted - but Largo is a close software relative of the venerable hardware Blofeld - & as a B-owner, I'm *always* up for solid Largo presets that I can gain inspiration from; & from time to time somewhat 'translate' to Mr. B -

Sign me up - will purchase when available - looking forward to some interesting Largo soundset demos, Touch The Universe! :party:

-GA

It's still an absolute mystery to me why this synth isn't more popular around here (and considering which synths ARE, it's even more of a mystery...). For me, one of the, if not the best sounding soft synths out there, and one of the few which really have that punchy, rich, sweet spot-y hardware sound and feel. So, good luck with the soundset. It seems like you would have done it anyway, regardless of how many people vote here. :)

Hey! Wow guys, thanks for all your compliments and kind words :D It is quite an honor to hear my humble work is appreciated :love: Thanks for the good vibes :) When I get a bit more time, I will reply to each of them :tu:

TTU Youtube

chk071 wrote:It's still an absolute mystery to me why this synth isn't more popular around here (and considering which synths ARE, it's even more of a mystery...). For me, one of the, if not the best sounding soft synths out there, and one of the few which really have that punchy, rich, sweet spot-y hardware sound and feel. So, good luck with the soundset. It seems like you would have done it anyway, regardless of how many people vote here. :)

+1
Largo is a really beautiful and unique synth! :love:
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Xenos wrote:I agree, it's a great synth. Definitely has enough features where you won't be painted into a corner or lack for ideas lol. I'd like to release something for it as well when time allows. May I ask what kind of theme you're planning, that way I can do something completely different and not directly compete with yours?
Hi Xenos. Glad to hear other sound designers realize the awesome potential in Largo :tu: Thanks for checking too :D I'm going for a mix between modern, exotic electronic sounds (plucks, basses, leads) and atmospheric pads and soundscapes, much like with a lot of my other soundsets. I'm also going to throw in a few cinematic type sounds as well. I don't really have an eta so far, but a very rough estimate would be 2 weeks to a month, depending on how many presets I'm going for :tu: Cheers.

TTU Youtube

ftech wrote:I have your sets for both Dune 2 and LuSH101 and would love to hear what you come up with for Largo, as the patches I have from you are great :tu:
Thanks so much ftech :love: This is always lovely to hear and gives me a lot of motivation for this soundset as well :tu:

TTU Youtube

goldenanalog wrote:
Good to hear, ftech - your enthusiasm for Touch The Universe's work deserves *at least* a bump!

Arguments abound & differences noted - but Largo is a close software relative of the venerable hardware Blofeld - & as a B-owner, I'm *always* up for solid Largo presets that I can gain inspiration from; & from time to time somewhat 'translate' to Mr. B -

Sign me up - will purchase when available - looking forward to some interesting Largo soundset demos, Touch The Universe! :party:

-GA
Thanks so much golden analog. It's really great to hear so many other people appreciate Largo as I do. For as much as I hear it mentioned here at kvr, it wouldn't come as too much a surprise if I were the only one :hihi: It's good to be in good company, lol. Indeed, discovering how great largo sounds and its wide range of sounds, I'd developing a huge interest in it's hardware counterpart -- the blofeld. It is extremely likely I will be picking that up at some point, especially at its awesome price. The ability to import wavetables is too much to resist :hyper:

TTU Youtube

Return to “Soundware”