Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V in Bitwig: problems with patches that use samples

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PPG Wave 3.V

Hi,

i am currently beta testing the 64-bit updates for Waldorf Largo and Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V. My OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

As Bitwig just released the 1.0.3 update of Bitwig Studio i re-installed the demo.

While trying to check the Betas of Largo and PPG Wave 3.V i found that with PPG Wave 3.V there is a problem with patches that use samples, like with most patches in my "Atmospheric Transients" soundbank (see my signature for details).

The first time after installing the new version of Bitwig Studio and loading a patch that uses samples it worked OK with the very first note and sometimes a few notes and then audo stopped or you just get a clicking noise. All patches that use the internal wavetables seem to work properly.

This could be observed with both the 64-bit VST2 Beta and the old 32-bit plugin.

Also tried to delete the Bitwig Studio preferences file and let it re-scan the Vstplugins folder but this leads to the same result.

As far as i remeber i did not notice this with Bitwig v1.0.1 but i no longer have the installer for it.

No such problem in other hosts like e.g. Live 9.1.1 64-bit, Reaper 4.62 64-bit, Cubase 7.5.10 64-bit (Trial version), Hermann Seib's VSTHost 64-bit and Tobybear MiniHost (32-bit).

I also reported this at the Waldorf beta forum but thought it could be interesting here as it is also found with the "old" 32-bit plugin.

Not sure if also other plugins taht use samples got a comparable problem. If i find some time i'll maybe check it.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Additional info:
'
i am normally starting Bitwig Studio with administrator rights (activated in the *.exe).
With and without it the result seems to be the same.

The samples in PPG Wave 3.V do not have a totally fixed folder.

The plugin DLL is in:
...\Vtplugins\Waldorf

samples could be anywhere in:
...\Vtplugins\Waldorf\PPG Wave 3.V Sounds

in the case of my commercial bank those are in:
...\Vtplugins\Waldorf\PPG Wave 3.V Sounds\Ingo Weidner - Atmospheric Transients\Samples
corresponding bank file in:
...\Vtplugins\Waldorf\PPG Wave 3.V Sounds\Ingo Weidner - Atmospheric Transients

samples for my factory presets are in:
...\Vtplugins\Waldorf\PPG Wave 3.V Sounds\IW - Ingo Weidner\Samples
corresponding bank file in:
...\Vtplugins\Waldorf\PPG Wave 3.V Sounds\IW - Ingo Weidner

As already mentioned in other hosts there does not seem to be a problem.

It is the same for the included Waveterm B sample library and other samples. as already mentioned patches that use wavetables do work.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Just got a reply from the Waldorf developer for the current 64-bit updates.
He mentioned that due this also happens with the 32-bit plugin it does not look like this problem is related to the plugin itself but is a bug in Biwig 1.0.3.

Based omn the fact that i could not observe this in several different hosts/DAWs (including those i mentioned above) i more or less agree to that.

So far i have not check if there are problems with other synths that use samples but by PM someone mentioned that there also seems to be a problem with Alchemy.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Just checked in the windows version of Bitwig Studio v1.0.4 but the bug is not solved.
I hoped this would be related to the bug found with Alchemy.

UPDATE:
The link provided for 1.0.4 did not seem to be the final one so i'll re-check when this is released officially.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:Just checked in the windows version of Bitwig Studio v1.0.4 but the bug is not solved.
I hoped this would be related to the bug found with Alchemy.

UPDATE:
The link provided for 1.0.4 did not seem to be the final one so i'll re-check when this is released officially.
Re-checked with the official 1.0,4 and the bug is not solved yet.

UPDATE:
same with Bitwig Studio 1.0.5

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Has anyone checked this so far?

I did not use any Bitwig demo after version 1.0.5 so far so i don't know if it works in the latest one.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Finally checked with the latest demo version (v1.0.8 ) of Bitwig and the problem with PPG Wave 3.V still exists.

So far i did not get any reply on this either here or to the email i had sent to Bitwig support some time ago. This thread was started several weeks ago starting with version 1.0.3 and i updated/bumped this multiple times.

Guess i'll have to send another email.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Yeah, for bug reports, this is your best bet:
http://www.bitwig.com/en/support/tech-support.html

The problems with Alchemy and Synthmaster are solved in the meantime, not sure what the matter with the Waldorf VSTs is, I don't use them myself.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:Yeah, for bug reports, this is your best bet:
http://www.bitwig.com/en/support/tech-support.html

The problems with Alchemy and Synthmaster are solved in the meantime, not sure what the matter with the Waldorf VSTs is, I don't use them myself.

Cheers,

Tom
The plugin is running and when using internal wavetables it is working nice lytoo but any patches that are using samples do not work which means they do not produce any sound.
This is found with both the old 32-bit plugin and the latest 64-bit beta versions.

This problem is not observed in other hosts. Largo does not load samples and works normally. Same about Waldorf Edition.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Bitwig”