✔ Small Feature Requests... [Bitwig]

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

• A option to hide the window bar (I know about the full screen option, but I like to keep the task bar always visible at bottom, I know you too :wink: ) a little bit more space please. :)

• Remember maximized state - Almost every apps do, why Bitwig don't?

• Be able to change samples etc (by drag and drop) when using "hide irrelevant notes" in note editor with drum machine.

• Be able to change devices etc (by drag and drop) in layered editing mode.

• Right click on a device in the browser and choose open in a new instrument/hybrid track in the context menu - same for audio files: open in a new sampler/drum machine etc...

• Drag and drop folder of samples onto drum machine, currently we can only drag and drop the audio files itself.

• Be able to retrig the sample (aka restart/replay), everytime we click on the same sample on the browser.
Currently when you click on a sample to preview (even with "automatically preview items when selected" on), you are able to click only once and wait until the audio sample ends, and if you want to preview the sample again you need to click the stop button and then the play button. This is a super slow workflow... (I know that you can click on the waveform below, but that is not accurate, and make this movement with mouse everytime you want to retrig a sample is painful/crazy...)

• Be able to load soundbanks by drag and drop soundbanks files (fxb/fxp etc) onto the vst plugin window.

• Double click on the loop region to automatically cover all my clips in the arranger

• Be able to draw and delete notes in the note editor with one click: left click: draw; right click: delete.

• Be able to copy automation point value by right clicking on a point and choose "copy value" from the context menu. (there is something already there, but I can't get it to work)

• A step sequencer device... Oh yeah, why not? :D

• A option in the preferences to clean the cache on exit the application, and a button to clean "now". It can get very big if you don't delete manually.

• VST version of all Bitwig's devices. Sold separately. OH yeah.

• Be able to use more of my computer keyboard keys as a MIDI keyboard. Similar to this:

•Can we have a second "Single Display (small)" display profile but with tabbed inspector/browser etc on the left?

• A option to disable the LFO's visualization on the knobs/parameters etc. It keeps moving even without play and can be very distracting. I also find that this knob movements are very CPU hog.

• An option to pin/dock (or whatever it's called) tracks in the arranger view, so they don't disappear from the view.
Sometimes when you have a lot of tracks, it's really painful to scroll all the way down (or up) just to see some tracks.... Especially the most used ones like the effects tracks/bus and master.
So, an option to pin/dock tracks would be very helpful.

See pic to see what I mean :

• Just for fun.......... :)

How about spread the "cropped" look across the others editors for a more consistent look?
See pic:

• Rename devices.

Sometimes it's crucial...

• Another feature request... and this time a tool:

Since we don't have a step sequencer device yet (I hope), I think Bitwig needs a more specialized/faster tool for creating drums in piano roll/drum editing.

So I introduce to you: the imaginary "Drum Step Tool"... Cool name huh??... Lol :)

Ok, this is how it should work:

Single left click = draw. Yeah, just like the pen tool...
See pic:

Single right click = delete. Yes, it's faster and avoid many mistakes.
See pic:

Left click and drag = fill steps. What's more convenient and faster than this?
See pic:

And yes you guess:
Right click and drag = delete...
See pic:

Of course this tool can be enhanced with modifiers keys etc, but those are the basic functions urgently needed in Bitwig... :)

A tool like this would be a huge improvement in workflow IMHO.
The creation of drums would be a lot faster, and I believe that the Bitwig team can create this tool in a blink of the eye.

So let's start praying........ ;)

And an other thing somewhat related: Bitwig should remember the last tool used in editors, it would avoid switching tools all the time... (e.g. if you used the pen tool in piano roll and then changed to object selection tool to use in the arranger view, when you go back to the piano roll, the tool should change back to the pen tool...
And better yet, each editor/view could have his own set of tools, or at least the piano roll could have his own tools..... it would be really great..

• Crossfade loop for the sampler device.
It's getting impossible to use the loop feature of the sampler without crossfade...
So, crossfade loop for the sampler please.... :)
A knob would be enough, I think.....

• Floating windows... (anyone?)

Sometimes is more handy to work this way...
I like the docked style, but sometimes is a little hard to work, specially on small monitors.
So, an option to open panels in a floating window would be great...

• ???

Cheers.................. :tu:
Last edited by Regnas on Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Nice :-)

Regnas wrote:• Be able to change samples etc (by drag and drop) when using "hide irrelevant notes" in note editor with drum machine.

I gotta say this is really interesting. FlStudio has the easiest drum beat making workflow that I've ever tried, and it's because you have all the relevant stuff in one place. You can create/edit your patten, browse/load/switch samples, and mix, all with just the pattern view next to the browser. This prevents you from having to segment your creative process into picking nice sounds, making a pattern, and mixing; it's all up in the air and free to experiment with. If this were added to bitwig you could have basically the same thing when you have the midi editor opened in the mix view, just not quite as compact.

It kinda seems like it might go against the bitwig view paradigm since right now you have a device view and pattern view but with the whole modular aspect maybe it makes sense to put it in. Maybe they could even add a button to expand a little module with vol/pan controls for each pad in it.

Regnas wrote:• Be able to change devices etc (by drag and drop) in layered editing mode.

This makes sense to me too and I even figured it would work like that while looking at screenshots during the beta. That area is essentially a track list, right? So I think it makes sense to add something like this that works on a normal track. It would also be cool if you could drag a device into empty space to create a new track, just like you can in the arrange and the mix mode.

Ogopogo wrote:It would also be cool if you could drag a device into empty space to create a new track, just like you can in the arrange and the mix mode.
Ogopogo wrote:Maybe they could even add a button to expand a little module with vol/pan controls for each pad in it.
These options would be great too.

Oh... and about the step sequencer, it would be something like this:

:D
Last edited by Regnas on Tue May 13, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regnas wrote:Oh... and about the step sequencer, it would be something like this:

Hell yes. :o

Redukt wrote:
Regnas wrote:Oh... and about the step sequencer, it would be something like this:

Hell yes. :o
And I think it's not that hard for them to create something like this.

We just need a BIG PETITION.......... :)

Add Shortcuts for the Display Profiles please... :wink:

Regnas wrote: • Be able to draw and delete notes in the note editor with one click: left click: draw; right click: delete.
i want these too.
+ delete multiple notes with right click then drag
+ mute note with right click note's vertically close area (not exactly note) like fl's paint tool.
i'm from ableton, so i'm ok with bitwig's note editor and i can live with it.
but i demoed fl's piano roll. that green evil drug. :troll: i guess it impressed me a lot since i kept thinking about it's easy piano roll again and again.

YES! Please :)
Please
:tu: :party: :love: :clown: :D :o :pray: :clap:

Just perfect.

Time to start your petition Regnas

What is the advantage of a step sequencer over a midi clip?

Jolaff wrote:What is the advantage of a step sequencer over a midi clip?
As with most of these suggestions, perhaps it's so people used to FL studio methodology don't have to learn anything new !

Jolaff wrote:What is the advantage of a step sequencer over a midi clip?
I would not find that device interesting... no velocity control, no gate control, no control over # of steps... no swing/groove...

In general, a step sequencer can have interesting functions... for example, if you can set each line to have independent step lengths and speed, you can then create complex rhythms that you could not do in a midi clip...

More small requests:

• A option in the preferences to clean the cache on exit the application, and a button to clean "now". It can get very big if you don't delete manually.

• VST version of all Bitwig's devices. Sold separately. OH yeah.

• Be able to use more of my computer keyboard keys as a MIDI keyboard. Similar to this:

•Can we have a second "Single Display (small)" display profile but with tabbed inspector/browser etc on the left?

Added on first post too, for easy find. :tu:

Return to “Bitwig”