Bitwig Studio 1.0.11 RC1 is available for download

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for fixing render window! It looks great now! :)

(pssst)

(pssssssssssst)

(don't tell anybody but 1.0.11 is released with more bugs fixed and support for Arturia KeyLab 25/49/61)

(cheers)

(Tom)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Its not a secret :) Bitwig tells this on launch :D

ThomasHelzle wrote:(pssst)

(pssssssssssst)

(don't tell anybody but 1.0.11 is released with more bugs fixed and support for Arturia KeyLab 25/49/61)

(cheers)

(Tom)
Well that makes me happy I didn't spend time doing the KeyLab49 script, was about to. :)

Mike
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

ISP wrote:Its not a secret :) Bitwig tells this on launch :D
(I know :party: )

(I was just kidding)

(cheers)

(Tom)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Echoes in the Attic wrote:It's nice that you guys made the "..." in the middle of long parameter names for plug-ins in the parameter list, but you forgot to do have the same format for the device panel mapping pages. Not much much use finding the parameters when you can't tell what they are once you've added them to a device page eh?
Still the same at release?

dsan@mail.com wrote:
owensands wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:If by "fully collapsed" you mean you would open it and just see the "bitwig devices" and "plugins categories," I don't like that because that just means more clicking to open stuff back up. Maybe that's because I don't have to many plugs though so things aren't unwieldy when it's open. I think remembering the state makes sense, and so maybe that's just something that could be lumped in with other stuff people have suggested bitwig to remember, for example turning the device chain segment off in the mix view is one of the first things I end up doing every time I open bitwig.

Hope it's not to spammy but I'm gonna link this request I had again, as I think it relates to all of this, it's for integrated plugs and devices into the same folders and letting you make custom folders: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=414166

With a setup like that I think you sidestep this issue a bit. When you open you'd just see your folders that you have everything organized into. Also when you bring up the "+ list" I think that this could save you from having to configure what's available since it should be easy enough to get to anything by just going through your folders instead of just having one big list.
I'm fine with them(native bitwig locations) being expanded. What I'm not fine with is user added locations being expanded. Imagine adding 10 sample location folders and each one has 15 folders in it. You'll be scrolling forever to get to the bottom. Or collapsing forever.

Yes, and imagine a 2TB drive with 10 fold number of folders :hihi:

Real situation here so will REALLY appreciate the option to have "last saved".

Happy Musiking!
dsan

yep if state was just persistent it would solve everything. :tu:

Bigwig remembers what folders are opened in the browser, what size windows are, what transport settings are selected, etc... on a per project basis. Because of this I have a project saved as a new song "template." For you folks that want more controll over the browser, this might help (at least for new projects). When saving a new song/idea use the "save as..." function, that way your template doesn't get written over.

Bug: 1.0.11 breaks Browser for Bitwig devices when opening projects saved in an earlier version

- Updated to 1.0.11 on Win 7 64-bit
- New projects work fine, but Browser window breaks when opening existing projects
- On startup 'Bitwig' is accessible in the Browser and devices can be dragged from there
- On open, the text changes to 'Bitwig [not present]' although it still shows all the correct devices under it in the tree
- It is then impossible to drag anything from there, either there is no icon or I get a circle with a line through it
- Issue persists until restart of Bitwig
- Right-click and 'Open Containing Folder' shows this popup:

Could not open file
File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitwig Studio\library\devices

- I can happily browse to that folder and see all the devices in Windows Explorer
- I can still get devices to add via double-click or the '+' icon in the Device Panel, just can't drag drop

Workaround: Broken projects can be fixed using 'Save As' and restarting Bitwig (which leads me to believe some data saved in the project is not forwards compatible)

Return to “Bitwig”