Did you know (Tips and Tricks) NO CHAT!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thread was created by Ogopogo for Tips and Tricks for Bitwig Studio.
Let's keep it on topic and focused.
If you feel the need to discuss things, please create a separate thread and link to it.
If something is unclear, PM the poster and ask for clarification in the original post.
Chatter and discussions will be moderated/deleted.
Thanks for understanding and all your contributions!!! :tu:

(sorry Ogopogo for the intrusion ;-) ).

Moderator over and out :clap: :party:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you Know?

That you can use search operators in the Bitwig browser? For example, I search for "808 TAPE" and my gold baby Tape 808 library (a collection of 808 samples with clean, tape, tape saturated, and outboard processed versions of 808 samples) comes up:

http://i.imgur.com/YvckKU3.png

I can then exclude terms from the search by adding them with a "-" sign in front. I got rid of all the files with "orig," "tapesat," and "x" in the filename to leave only the tape versions of the samples.

http://i.imgur.com/2Vycc8Y.png

You can also use quotes to search for a specific phrase. "808 TAPE" with quotes around it shows nothing because the folder is named "Tape808."

http://i.imgur.com/mmQ52wd.png

I don't remember this from any release notes and I couldn't find it in the manual so I thought I'd share. Any one else know any tricks hidden in Bitwig?

Was discovered in one of the early Beta threads, but I totally forget about until recently.

In all native devices, frequency values can be entered as notes, e.g. D4, C#6, ...
Last edited by svervs on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Too bad this thread never took off ... :shrug:
Anyway here's another one I've just discovered:

EQ: Alt-dragging a point adjusts the Q, and keeps the dB.
Last edited by svervs on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

One more :D
There is a few important MIDI parameters that you can only map per project and not globally. For example clip overdub.
The solution is to create template file with all MIDI mappings that you need, and to start every new project with that template.

Btw. is there a MIDI command or keyboard shortcut for enable/disable loop on selected clip?
Can't find it. TY.
Win7 64bit, i5 4690K, 16GB RAM, NI Audio 6, Presonus Eris E8, Yamaha HS50M, Presonus BlueTube, Shure SM7B, Studio One, Maschine MKII, Launchpad, Alesis VI61, NI F1, Traktor S4

Not sure how known this one is...

Half way through the beta, "Toggle Plugin Device Window" was added as an assignable shortcut.

WXLF wrote:Not sure how known this one is...

Half way through the beta, "Toggle Plugin Device Window" was added as an assignable shortcut.
it's not useful. :(
you need to mouse select that device in device panel. only then shortcut works.
but ofc. when you are clicking on the device, you simply can click on toggle icon.
so this is not shortcut at all. on the contrary, you have one more step. :?:

or I'm missing something?
Win7 64bit, i5 4690K, 16GB RAM, NI Audio 6, Presonus Eris E8, Yamaha HS50M, Presonus BlueTube, Shure SM7B, Studio One, Maschine MKII, Launchpad, Alesis VI61, NI F1, Traktor S4

igortudor wrote:

but ofc. when you are clicking on the device, you simply can click on toggle icon.

No you're right. I submitted a feature request where at least the first device would be automatically be highlighted on a track when you select the track. That way the shortcut will work for your instrument VSTs when you click on or scroll to a track instead of having to actually mouse click the VST itself to get the shortcut to work. Hopefully more people will submit a feature request as well so we can get that shortcut working properly.
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro OSX 10.9.5
www.WeAreMadHouse.com

Oh yeah this one is kind of hidden...

You can control + click the global play button to do "tap tempo"

works while playing and while stopped

IAmRickyRiot wrote:
igortudor wrote:

No you're right. I submitted a feature request where at least the first device would be automatically be highlighted on a track when you select the track. That way the shortcut will work for your instrument VSTs when you click on or scroll to a track instead of having to actually mouse click the VST itself to get the shortcut to work. Hopefully more people will submit a feature request as well so we can get that shortcut working properly.
Pressing D (Focus or Toggle Device Panel) followed by the assigned shortcut for "Toggle Plugin Device Window" is doing the trick as well, but I agree with the above.

In the (old) browser, you can fold out projects and directly drag over tracks. :love:
Did you know? I didn't ..! :wink:
BrowserTrackDrag.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by svervs on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@ svervs. May i ask if you,re on windows or OSX?
Because it could be a workaround for me, but unfortunately it didnt.
Workaround for this: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=448253

anyhow .. nice feature for sure , if it works. :hihi: :D

I'm on OSX.
codec17 wrote:Workaround for this: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=448253
I gave "your" bug a go, and it seems like I'm affected as well, no VSTs loading ...
I'll reply in the thread.

can enter a group/project using shift+double click on a track header
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

YEAH! :tu: thnx xbitz... Thats really a nice hidden shortcut for me..
(i hope all those hidden "little" thingies will get documented.. :

Here's one for my fellow B-wiggers!

Have you ever tried to record the MIDI coming out of an arpeggiator VST and it just never comes out right? Do you get notes that don't turn off until the same note plays again (only in the recorded MIDI, the synth after the arpeggiator plays it correctly)?

Well, try this:

Add a "Note Pitch Shifter" or two (yes, one after the other) after the arpeggiator VST and have the track that records the MIDI pull the MIDI data from one of the "Note Pitch Shifter" devices instead of the arpeggiator VST or track.

If that doesn't work, look to see if MIDI data passes through the synthesizer VST that you have after the arpeggiator VST and "Note Pitch Shifter" device(s). If the little yellow box in the device window is lighting up after the synthesizer VST device, then add a "Note Pitch Shifter" there and select it as the recording MIDI device on the track that you're recording MIDI on.

Hope this helps! :ud:

Return to “Bitwig”