Is it possible to 'Group' 'Effects Tracks'?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't find a way to 'Group' 'Effects Tracks' together to create a 'Master Effects Bus' other than by routing their outputs to a 6th 'Effect Track' and re-naming it 'Master Effects Bus'.
The problem with this approach is that I then have a 6th send pot which I don't want or need on all the 'Projects' tracks and am also not able to fold the 'Effects Tracks' together into one folder. Is there a way to group the effects tracks in the same way as I would with the midi, audio and hybrid tracks and if not, then is there a reason for Bitwig not allowing this that I am missing?
Strangest thing is that when I select more than one 'Effects Track' and right click over it, the option to group the tracks is there, it just doesn't execute when selected.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I 100% would love the possibility to group effects tracks, I have thought about this many many many times. Especially since I sometimes end up having 3 reverbs + 2 delays effect sends etc, which I then route into a 'Space Volume' effect track -> Which is basically what my grouped effect master bus would be, so it makes perfect sense. Great suggestion.

So yes! I would 100% love the possibility to group Effect tracks, +1000x

Please make it happen Bitwig! :tu: :tu:

IMO just directly on the master with parallel routing

using audio receivers
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote:IMO just directly on the master with parallel routing

using audio receivers
I think they want simple solution to group effect tracks or fast add a bus to them. Great to have workarounds when its not possible. Lately i have gotten the impression that people online doesnt like when other people want effective features and suggest workarounds and that features are unnecessary. I suggest do what xbitz said and second is to feature request it.
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

Archivelectronic wrote:I can't find a way to 'Group' 'Effects Tracks' together to create a 'Master Effects Bus' other than by routing their outputs to a 6th 'Effect Track' and re-naming it 'Master Effects Bus'.
The problem with this approach is that I then have a 6th send pot which I don't want or need on all the 'Projects' tracks and am also not able to fold the 'Effects Tracks' together into one folder.
You can hide all FX Tracks when you don't need to see them...

you can group 5 fx tracks with 1 audio or midi track then just delete that track

I have solved my problem by looking at your answers and re-looking at how I choose to execute the audio routing in Bitwig.
Everything needed is there, you just have to look at groups and their accompanying effects channels in a hierarchical order rather than a linear order and then create a number of track layers via groups within groups.
Many thanks for all input on this, I look forward to future problem solving.

There is no reason to group effects tracks. Unless you didn't want clutter on your arrangement, but as some one previously mentioned you can hide them if needed. So I doubt you will see this feature happen.

Return to “Bitwig”