waiting for the machine gun roll out

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1/4 way in to September and not even an air gun pellet, let alone a machine gun

I wished they would hurry up and load a magazine, iv got dosh waiting to upgrade
but I'm not starting my year before I see something a bit tasty

just saying
kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

I think they've... shot themselves in the foot... (sorry, couldn't resist)
MacPro 6,1 // Live 11 // Bitwig 4 // Reason 12 // Logic X // Soundtoys // U-he // FabFilter // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

Hmm...what's the point of the new pricing model if they still keep a new features for a single major update? I don't get it...

I thought it will be like this (example)

v.2.1.4
NEW : Comping Edit Mode
Bugfixes...

v.2.1.5
NEW : Added Convolution Reverb device
Bugfixes...

v.2.1.6
IMPROVED : Time Stretch algorithm now have slicing mode
Bugfixes...

v.2.1.7
NEW : MIDI Groove Templates
Bugfixes...

etc...

Time to start pointless conspirisy theories ;-)

UHe repro 5 delays, Bitwig delays = repro will be a BWS rack instrument

Microsoft are buying Bitwig

Network and open modular in next update as promised in V2
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Well, we know that developing and bug-fixing take time especially if they have some big features planned. I don't think they have the manpower to do something like Cakewalk does with Sonar and offer something every month. Even Cakewalk sometimes only does very minor changes for a release i.e. some cosmetic changes or added content.

I think Bitwig's biggest mistake is just keeping quiet about it all, they should be communicating and giving us a general idea of how things are going. Nobody likes being kept in the dark and it puts people off buying a year's subscription if there are months of total silence. Even a message here or there saying "guys, you're going to love the next release. We are working on something that will really help workflow" or something will let us know that development hasn't ground to a halt in Bitwig land.

Ahh, but if hey have an NDA with Microsoft (see conspiracy theory 2) then they cant say anything :D
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:Ahh, but if hey have an NDA with Microsoft (see conspiracy theory 2) then they cant say anything :D
:lol:

auricle wrote:I think Bitwig's biggest mistake is just keeping quiet about it all, they should be communicating and giving us a general idea of how things are going. Nobody likes being kept in the dark and it puts people off buying a year's subscription if there are months of total silence. Even a message here or there saying "guys, you're going to love the next release. We are working on something that will really help workflow" or something will let us know that development hasn't ground to a halt in Bitwig land.
Is it? Does any other DAW developer outlines their plans for months to come? I've not seen such announcements from Ableton or Presonus. At least we got this from the beginning of the year, confirming the direction they're going for, which - Id' say - is much more than I e.g. know about Live's direction:
LOOKING AHEAD
Modularity will continue to play a key role in our upcoming releases, both for users and under-the-hood. Additional devices are always under development, including some which will bring modular concepts more directly to the user. And a little bit down the road, our internal development tool for programming Bitwig Devices will be available to anyone who wants to go down that road. (You’ve probably seen some older screenshots of that environment; new paint and programming languages are coming.) We look forward to inviting you in for these enhancements and much more…
https://www.bitwig.com/en/17/behind-the ... arity.html

Also, Bitwig's model is not a subscription - you don't have to 'renew' it when 12 months period lapses and you can use the software without doing so. Don't spread the misinformation.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Microsoft are buying Bitwig

U-he are buying Bitwig

SLiC wrote:repro will be a BWS rack instrument
Actually, when Bitwig announced the promo with u-he I mentioned something to that effect ("I hope this means an U-He native Bitwig device, like AAC or Cymatics are doing in Live") and U-He "liked it", so there might be something to it :pray:

I mean both devs have a soft spot for modularity, so they'd fit like a hand and a glove together :tu:
Music tech enthusiast

nsq wrote:Microsoft are buying Bitwig

U-he are buying Bitwig
We can only dream, what a fabulous combination that would be!

This forum would literally explode if that happened :hyper:

And both support Linux :3

Both in Berlin....come on, this is a sure thing ;-)

I also speculate some time ago that there may be a BWS 'suite' version with a set of plug ins based on UHE devices as that seemed logical following the Live sales model....BWS = Standard (about the same cost as Live Standard). Live Suite is £200 more and basically just has more rack instruments developed by 3rd party developers...

SLiC wrote:I also speculate some time ago that there may be a BWS 'suite' version with a set of plug ins based on UHE devices as that seemed logical following the Live sales model....BWS = Standard (about the same cost as Live Standard). Live Suite is £200 more and basically just has more rack instruments developed by 3rd party developers...
I wouldn't mind that, i.e. having some additional native devices (instruments in particular) and maybe preset/loop/sample packs as an additional pricing tier. However, I hope they wouldn't do that for the modular environment that they promise to unleash at some point. And I pray they manage to give us access to that before Ableton comes with Live10 with Max4Live fully integrated :)
Music tech enthusiast

Netsu wrote:And both support Linux :3
And abique who created Linux ports of U-he stuff works also for Bitwig 8)

Return to “Bitwig”