[feature request] Live 10's capture

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One of the things Ableton got right with Live 10 is Capture...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rnilJNJ0dM

...which records up to 10 minutes of MIDI information for the currently armed tracks and - when pressed - loops the last two bars, recognises the time signature and tempo, but still gives you access to earlier data as well.

I'd really like Bitwig to add similar function, even without the looping and detection of time signature & tempo this would be incredibly useful. Shouldn't be difficult, as the data pass through Bitwig anyway and since it's not audio it takes very little RAM & CPU to store it.

Pretty please! :pray:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I am not sure how its implemented in Live but I know that there is a difference between Logic and Cubase implementation of this feature. in Logic you have to press play on time line while fiddling in order to capture, in Cubase you do not have to..
I prefer latter one. :tu:

trancema wrote:I am not sure how its implemented in Live but I know that there is a difference between Logic and Cubase implementation of this feature. in Logic you have to press play on time line while fiddling in order to capture, in Cubase you do not have to..
Yeah... in Logic, if you do not press play, it does capture all the notes... and then 'remembers' them all at the same point in time :hihi:

Yes, would love this feature in Bitwig! Funny how all the best ideas happen when the record button is off..
MacPro 6,1 // Live 11 // Bitwig 4 // Reason 12 // Logic X // Soundtoys // U-he // FabFilter // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

Honestly, every DAW should have this feature.

pdxindy wrote:
trancema wrote:I am not sure how its implemented in Live but I know that there is a difference between Logic and Cubase implementation of this feature. in Logic you have to press play on time line while fiddling in order to capture, in Cubase you do not have to..
Yeah... in Logic, if you do not press play, it does capture all the notes... and then 'remembers' them all at the same point in time :hihi:
Yes it's useless

loungepanda wrote:Honestly, every DAW should have this feature.
And not only MIDI, but audio, too. Recording up to x minutes cycling, of each audio input while rms > threshold y...

This is probably the only feature in Live 10 I actively covet. Would love to see this in Bitwig.

Big yes from me.

bitwig this is really important, if u ask me.

all i do the last days is exploring the beta, then hanging on a certain sound on a certain setup and improvising on either my push1, my keyboard controllers without thinking about anything else, i just let it flow like on a live jazzsession.
and then i press the magic button and i save all those ideas. i dont have to press any record button tryin to remember what ive done the last 10mins and fail most of the time by not gettin it straight or cool like before.

i just save the shit out of my daw now. a ton of ideas are saved.

if this happens to audio recording too, i no more need to record hours of stuff externally with a dat-machine (and edit that later to get the parts i want) or else whenever i session on a django-tune with my guitar or bass. just straight into the daw.

DOOO IIIT! ;D

What a marvellous feature - my mediocre playing skills degrades even further, when I know the record button is on.
Yes Bitwig - please add a similar functionality

+1

lengro wrote:What a marvellous feature - my mediocre playing skills degrades even further, when I know the record button is on.
Yes and for me it just breaks my creative flow to have to stop playing and turn something on (which is why Logic's implementation is just stupid).

I think this is one of those times where every DAW should have this regardless of whether it's 'copying' or not; kind of like seatbelts in cars, it's something that should be a standard thing. Ableton's implementation is excellent so no need to reinvent it.
MacPro 6,1 // Live 11 // Bitwig 4 // Reason 12 // Logic X // Soundtoys // U-he // FabFilter // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

Return to “Bitwig”