Detachable Piano roll like FL Studio?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everybody.

How about a feature like that of FL Studio. A detachable Piano roll. It would be very nice.

What do you think guys?

But, if you can detach piano roll - doesn't it make sense to make all UI elements consistent and also detachable?
In any case, I often get lost in FLStudio's detached windows, so not sure how helpful this feature is.

Hi, I don't want windows all over the place either. I'm only talking about the piano roll because, in my opinion, it'll be easy to edit notes.

just use the full screen editor

i'd rather not have development time spent on this feature.

Dual display profile Master/Detail and Studio both result in a second window with a piano roll you can move around. Does this not do what you want?

@pdxindy, @odz, yea these are awesome solutions.

I was thinking more about small screens and no dual monitor involved (I don't have an extra monitor).

Yea, was just a thought. Never-mind, bitwig is awesome the way it is :tu:

You can use the dual and triple monitor profiles on a single display too. It just opens a second window, which is basically the same thing as detaching the piano roll.

Thanks odz for the advice. I didn't know that :dog:

Thank you all again :)

odz wrote:You can use the dual and triple monitor profiles on a single display too. It just opens a second window, which is basically the same thing as detaching the piano roll.
Did not know! :tu: :tu:
Bitwig 2.4 | Intel i9 7940X | Win10 | RME UCX | Focal SM9

Return to “Bitwig”