Can we get a Bitwig roadmap?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lunardigs wrote:Btw, can we finally admit that we should all go back to tape? This digital thing has been a load of hell so far.
You must have a short memory.

Obicere wrote:
Quack Quack wrote:No other company does it because their daws are finished
Reaper.
Where can i see Reaper roadmap?

Obicere wrote:
lunardigs wrote:Btw, can we finally admit that we should all go back to tape? This digital thing has been a load of hell so far.
You must have a short memory.
Shhhhh ... Millennials might hear you.
serveimage.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quack Quack wrote:...No other company does it because their daws are finished plus they don't have a sub fee...
Are you mad? Have you used Live 10? Where's proper multi-clip MIDI editing and audio comping? Where's VST3 support, sandboxing and native bridging? Where are alias/linked clips? It took them up to v10 to properly support mouse-wheel / trackpad and high-DPI screens.

And don't even let me even start on Reason 10.

Both of those DAWs are almost 20 years old and they're nowhere near 'finished' :D
Last edited by antic604 on Wed May 02, 2018 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote:
Quack Quack wrote:...No other company does it because their daws are finished plus they don't have a sub fee...
Are you mad? Have you used Live 10? Where's proper multi-clip MIDI recording and audio comping? Where's VST3 support, sandboxing and native bridging? Where are alias/linked clips? It took them up to v10 to properly support mouse-wheel / trackpad and high-DPI screens.

And don't even let me even start on Reason 10.

Both of those DAWs are almost 20 years old and they're nowhere near 'finished' :D
That's what IRKs me about Ableton Live, their priorities are all wrong. VST3 was launched 10 YEARS ago. 10 years and they still haven't added support for it nor will they comment on if they are going to add it or WHY. Now we're on VST 3.6.7. But one of the world's most popular DAWs will not support it.

Plus, where is comping? Oh, but they spent time on making a wavetable synth similar to Serum but not as feature packed (LOL). It's like they're stuck in their own little box and do not want to branch the program out. I really hope this doesn't happen to Bitwig. Studio One was made by former Cubase people and you can tell because it goes HAM on the features and it has the mastering Project Page in the Pro version too.

Well, I can't argue about Ableton I left it for a reason. I'm surprised so many people are against a roadmap, many up and coming companies are launching them and it works for them. Bitwig seems like a progressive company I figured it would be a good fit.

I have shared that already in other thread, but Corona Rendered (3dsmax plugin) has an awesome roadmap directly in Trello:
https://trello.com/b/EfPE4kPx/corona-road-map-3ds-max

Plus, they have quite cool Subscription plans described adequately (in opposite to Bitwig's failure to communicate to end user):
https://corona-renderer.com/prices-licensing/fairsaas

If you want a roadmap you need to look at the past.

Bitwig talked opening about their forthcoming features on their website;
Bitwig Studio is designed with a long-term vision in mind - that people can build their own instruments and effects right inside the software, share them with others effortlessly and collaborate in a room or over the internet in real-time.

Although these features are not available in version 1.0 of the software, the technical foundation is in place, and we are prepared to release these significant features in future versions. Read more about our vision below

Oh, so that how roadmap looks like. Nice. Thank you!

bolba wrote:Plus, they have quite cool Subscription plans described adequately (in opposite to Bitwig's failure to communicate to end user):
https://corona-renderer.com/prices-licensing/fairsaas
If Bitwig had such a no-go subscription plan, I would still be on version 1.3
Does nobody understand, that with Bitwig you never loose the ability to use the program in the state at least one year after you payed? It will work for many years after, whereas your corona would stop working!!!
One could argue about the price, but not about the model itself. That stands out by far to any other model... Its fair by design!

Man, don't panic, Corona Render has usual type of license in addition:
https://corona-renderer.com/prices-licensing/box

But I'm using it at 24,99 €/month already, instead of paying Vray $1000 beforehand and then extra each time they Upgrading major versions.
Plus, ability to stop subscription any time (used that option a couple of times).

In any case, it's not about model,
it's about roadmap and proper communication with your users.

Vray has Roadmap/Public Beta too, btw:
http://www.chaosgroup.com/vray/3ds-max

If Bitwig used a true subscription model (like Corona Renderer, like my Internet, cable, Netflix, ect) I would not use it period. I also don't get why people need this explained to them, you buy the product, it's yours to keep *as is* for as long as you want/can use it. The 12 months of updates/upgrades can be seen as complimentary, like breakfast at some Hotels.

I guess some people have to be told not to let the children play with plastic bags, or that water is gluten free, when to others it's just obvious. :wink:

As for a "roadmap", personally I don't want one. Surprise me.
-JH

below
NETWORK SYNC
Collaboration should be as simple as picking up your instrument and making music. We have developed a system that will allow you to do just that. No more complicated connections, no more falling out of sync, all you will need is two or more computers running Bitwig Studio. Multiple users can jam on the same document, and everything is captured in the document's arrangement.

ONLINE COLLABORATION
Soon the ability to collaborate on projects in real-time will open from those working next to you, to your friends connected online around the world. Bitwig Studio will make it easy for you to work on ideas with others, wherever they might be. The multi-user online collaboration feature means music production over the internet. Multiple users can compose music in the same project from different locations, while Bitwig Studio keeps everything and everyone in sync

BW kind of started with a roadmap and it came back to bite them.

Ya that "road map" was the main reason I got into Bitwig. I feel pretty let down but at least Bitwig is still better than Ableton.

Return to “Bitwig”